Viva Glam Discussion - Lady Gaga - 2011

BBmorgan

I just got back from my counter and the lipstick and lipglass looked horrible on me. I have pigmented lips and the lipstick looked like death on me and the lipglass looked brown. Totally disappointed.

littlelamb

I am anxious to know what it would look like on an NW15 or around that skin tone. It looks pretty on Lady Gaga, but they always doll up the photos and it makes it harder to know the true colour. I don't want something yellow or orange, but a soft nude with a little pink or peach undertone would be great! So, if anyone pale gets it, please swatch and share!
I'm an NW20. I'm going to try to pick the lipstick and lipglass today and I will post swatches for you!

TeresitaMC

Sorry it didn't work out for you, bbmorgan! :( But in a way it is money saved ...perhaps saved for one that is similar but more suitable for your lip colouring. Good luck!

dxgirly

I'm NW10-15, and I got them both to try out. I ordered online though, so I probably won't get them until Tuesday. I'll definitely post lip swatches as soon as I do though!

jenii

I should be picking the lipstick up today, and my camera battery is charging as I type this, so I can take a picture of it on my lips and post if it anyone's interested. If the lipstick looks remarkably different when you go from indoor to outdoor, I'll snap photos of that.

elegant-one

I just got back from checking it out & I was not impressed with it. Kinda putty mouth. It looked pretty on the back of my hand but death on my pigmented lips. I was the first there so I was able to actually try it on. It may work if you use a lip pencil. I have too many other really pretty nudes that it just was a no go for me. Depending on your coloring/lip color maybe it will work for some.

My MUA is a WOC & we laughed - she said she could not make the ls work. She was wearing the gloss, but said she really had to work with it using other liners etc.

I also tried the Careblend foundation. Its very very silky soft. Pretty light to med. coverage. I really love how it feels, but I am so afraid of it breaking me out with the oils. We'll see

BBmorgan

Yeah money saved for Quite Cute or maybe another VG Cyndi while my counter has them. My MUA said Quite Cute is the collection to buy from.

And elegant, I agree the Careblend felt nice but my MUA said it oxidizes over the course of the day and by the afternoon she was orange!

elegant-one

^well that stinks on the cb powder. I don't usually have oxid. issues. So far its staying true. It just feels so finely milled silky!!! & you don't feel like you're wearing anything on your face.

BeautyByLele

I picked up this color today (lipstick only) , its nice but imo it is not a must have although it does support a good cause. Im actually want to back up the 1st Viva Gaga l/s & L/g before its too late.

rockin

Temptalia has posted lip swatches of the Gaga 2 lipstick
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-viva-glam-gaga-2-lipstick-swatches-review-photos

I'm definitely giving this one a miss - my lips are pale enough already at times

shontay07108

The lipstick and gloss looks awful on Temptalia. I'm still holding out hope that it works on me. If not, then that's 0/2 in Gaga lippies. How sad is that?

OctoberViolet

I'm skipping this. Though the color looks okay, it's just okay. I feel the color of this lipstick plus my paleness wouldn't work out well.
I am saving my money for the Quite Cute Collection.

martiangurll

Yeah money saved for Quite Cute or maybe another VG Cyndi while my counter has them. My MUA said Quite Cute is the collection to buy from.

And elegant, I agree the Careblend felt nice but my MUA said it oxidizes over the course of the day and by the afternoon she was orange!
That sucks, I hate the oxidation effect. And I guess it isn't practical to go around life in a bubble suit to prevent that. I wonder if you put Fix over it or the Urban Decay AllNIghter if it would halt the oxidation process?

RealDoll

Picked up my lipstick and gloss this morning but havent had time to try it on been running errands all day!.

Modmom

I think it looks pretty on Karen. Really what I'm expecting (hoping for) it to look like. But I don't like it at all on Temptalia. I'm still not sure.

elegant-one

On the back of my hand (pale nw15) it had an almost pinkish cast, but it really doesn't. Its more of warm beige. It didn't look like anything else in the reg. MAC line. The gloss also looked nice on the back of my hand, almost a neutral light slight slight rose tint brown, but on my lips, both just had waay too much of a bad warm beige for my coloring. I'm sure it will work for many others.

Latest posts