Viva Glam Discussion - Lady Gaga - 2011

LMD84

i put up swatches of the gaga 2 lipstick with mac stripdown liner and nyx pinky liner in the swatches forum.
Hope it helps some of you. The lighting is a lil off but its pretty much close to how it looks on me.

thanks very much! :)

martiangurll

how would this shade look on very pigmented lips?

I tried this on and it looked like paste on my lips (it pulled really gray on me for some reason) and I am pale lipped and pale faced. I am thinking it will need a peachy or yellow based pink lipgloss to make it work. And on folks with pigmented lips I am thinking this will look like silly putty. I hate to be a Debbie Downer especially since this is for a good cause, but I think it could look really funky--which is not what I am looking for in a nude lippy. Hey, I love gray as much as the next woman, but this is gonna look funny I think. Now, if it was a matte finish, this could work really good to "erase" the lip color so you can start with a neutral base like the erase paste stuff they used to have. IDK, but if I had dark lips, I would sure wanna see this IRL before I purchased it.

By the way, it swatched very brown/yellow toned on my hand and then it looked gray on my lips so go figure. So cool toned ladies worried about the brown factor, I don't think its a problem. I think it pulling gray is more of a problem, but I have to admit I am warm toned so I may not be the best to make the call on it. Perhaps it depends on whether you wear a lip liner than pulls either gray or brown. hmmmm

LMD84

I tried this on and it looked like paste on my lips (it pulled really gray on me for some reason) and I am pale lipped and pale faced. I am thinking it will need a peachy or yellow based pink lipgloss to make it work. And on folks with pigmented lips I am thinking this will look like silly putty. I hate to be a Debbie Downer especially since this is for a good cause, but I think it could look really funky--which is not what I am looking for in a nude lippy. Hey, I love gray as much as the next woman, but this is gonna look funny I think. Now, if it was a matte finish, this could work really good to "erase" the lip color so you can start with a neutral base like the erase paste stuff they used to have. IDK, but if I had dark lips, I would sure wanna see this IRL before I purchased it.

By the way, it swatched very brown/yellow toned on my hand and then it looked gray on my lips so go figure. So cool toned ladies worried about the brown factor, I don't think its a problem. I think it pulling gray is more of a problem, but I have to admit I am warm toned so I may not be the best to make the call on it. Perhaps it depends on whether you wear a lip liner than pulls either gray or brown. hmmmm
yeah i like grey too... just now on my lips! hhmmm this had made me paranoid about buying this! i have to buy blind of the mac site. i'm nc20 so not sure what will happen!

dxgirly

Oh yes I am hun. Just like in my first swatches, I'm wearing In Synch liner below this. Sorry about not mentioning that. Without it it's a very beige nude.

ButterflyDior77

I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet, but I talked with a mac online artist ...

She suggest for NC20 skintone to use "Stripdown" or "Subculture" lipliner.

martiangurll

I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet, but I talked with a mac online artist ...

I will try again with Subculture. Maybe it only looks gray on warm skin tones or with the lighting they had in Nordies. I iz confuzed

LMD84

ah lovely! thank you! i dont have those liners so perhaps if i struggle to make it work i will add them to my list!

Piarpreet

Oh yes I am hun. Just like in my first swatches, I'm wearing In Synch liner below this. Sorry about not mentioning that. Without it it's a very beige nude.
oh ahhaha now that i that i think about it another thing u dont need to purchase from quite cute! lol.... (if i mistakenly thought in sync was in quite cute...ignore me! lol)

well i really wanted to beige like perfectly neutral no pink no orange... :( im still waiting on it lets hope it works as a nude for me! cos myth....ew. and marquise d'...meh
im not sure if i should get fleshpot or not :S

User38

^ Subculture or NC15-20 chromo pencil would work very well with Gaga 2.. imo

if you want it to look slightly pinkish use a pink gloss on top.. same with peaches...or more nudes.. ha

User38

oh I forgot.. if you want a really neutral pencil, pick up a WnW Blonde Eyebrow pencil and use that on your lips.. it is THE best nude liner I have used for very pale shades.. if not, scrounge up an old MAC Bbq -- these shades are totally neutral and won't skew the colour in any direction other than nude.

silentstorm143

Sorry the pics aren't fab and please excuse my appearance its the end of the day and I look a hot mess I was in a rush but this is me wearing viva glam gaga lipstick all by its lonesome im NC 42

luvlydee

^ wow it looks really natural on you. Thats awesome that you dont have to wear any liner so that it can look good

BeckyBenett

^ wow it looks really natural on you. Thats awesome that you dont have to wear any liner so that it can look good
iagree.gif
it looks so natural on u.. kays im excited for my lippie to come!

Piarpreet

^ Subculture or NC15-20 chromo pencil would work very well with Gaga 2.. imo

if you want it to look slightly pinkish use a pink gloss on top.. same with peaches...or more nudes.. ha
i thought about chromagraphic but is it a permanent pro thing? i it ok for lips?
subculture seems really really really dark on the website (but who relies on their swatches)

User38

the chromo pencils were le I believe, but they were (don't know right now or later) on the website.. and yes they are totally safe for lips... rule of thumb: if you can wear it on your eyes, you can wear it on your lips.

subculture.. the swatch sucks.. but on me, it does pull kind of peachy.. that's why I suggested the blonde WnW eye brow pencil.. it works beautifully.

I think.. think.. again not confirmed but have seen that the colour Stone was being used, so it might be reissued as I have said before.. lots of reissues later on. IF Stone is repromoted, BUY it !! and then get 2 more.. that's what I am doing if it comes back.. I have like 6 of BBQ.... love those neutral light or mid tone beiges.

RealDoll

I love wearing gaga 2 with stripdown as well...thanks for the swatches!

i put up swatches of the gaga 2 lipstick with mac stripdown liner and nyx pinky liner in the swatches forum.
Hope it helps some of you. The lighting is a lil off but its pretty much close to how it looks on me.

LMD84

the chromo pencils were le I believe, but they were (don't know right now or later) on the website.. and yes they are totally safe for lips... rule of thumb: if you can wear it on your eyes, you can wear it on your lips.

subculture.. the swatch sucks.. but on me, it does pull kind of peachy.. that's why I suggested the blonde WnW eye brow pencil.. it works beautifully.

I think.. think.. again not confirmed but have seen that the colour Stone was being used, so it might be reissued as I have said before.. lots of reissues later on. IF Stone is repromoted, BUY it !! and then get 2 more.. that's what I am doing if it comes back.. I have like 6 of BBQ.... love those neutral light or mid tone beiges.
yup the chromo pencils were le. :)