Viva Glam Discussion - Lady Gaga - 2011

*JJ*

the more swatches i see, the more i think this will be to brown on me..
i was hoping for a nude with a bit more pink in it. i'm still going to try it out but i think this will be a skip for me :(
maybe i should check out hue instead..

does anyone have tom ford's blush nude and can compare it to gaga 2?

JamieA0321

I picked up this lipstick and lipglass. It is quite nude/brown on me. I have to be very careful to not swipe it on, but just dab a little. I don't care to use both the lipstick and lipglass together, but with a pink lipglass over the lipstick I really like it on me. I like the lipglass alone as well.

martiangurll

I did this (paired with subculture lipliner) with the Gaga and looked at it in a different light. It was just peachy enough to work for me. So avoid funky store florescents when wearing this, and you won't have erase paste lips face. I caved and bought it and wore it today with Subculture--looks good. I put a Korres pinkish nude gloss on top and it really cancelled out the gray tone. If I had a nice peached nude or peachy pink gloss it would be perfect. The Gaga nude lippy just isn't peach enough. I do like the color--it will be great for putting over lipsticks when I want to make them look more warm. They are not kidding about the beige part. That puppy looks like a slightly warm, beige nude. I am warming up to this color. Being a nude wh0re, I knew it would happen eventually.

It doesn't look brown at all on me (and i am uber pale) so pale ladies, don't fear it

LMD84

I did this (paired with subculture lipliner) with the Gaga and looked at it in a different light. It was just peachy enough to work for me. So avoid funky store florescents when wearing this, and you won't have erase paste lips face. I caved and bought it and wore it today with Subculture--looks good. I put a Korres pinkish nude gloss on top and it really cancelled out the gray tone. If I had a nice peached nude or peachy pink gloss it would be perfect. The Gaga nude lippy just isn't peach enough. I do like the color--it will be great for putting over lipsticks when I want to make them look more warm. They are not kidding about the beige part. That puppy looks like a slightly warm, beige nude. I am warming up to this color. Being a nude wh0re, I knew it would happen eventually.

It doesn't look brown at all on me (and i am uber pale) so pale ladies, don't fear it
lol! now that's a sexy image! hee hee!

ButterflyDior77

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/172239/viva-glam-discussion-lady-gaga-2011/480#post_2087784"]

ah lovely! thank you! i dont have those liners so perhaps if i struggle to make it work i will add them to my list!

[/quote] Welcome. I am getting the gloss today and the lipstick tomorrow by ups. I have "subculture" which is a nice nude pink liner that works with anything. I will try it out and photo it and tell you what I think.

Piarpreet

Hey! thanx a lot for the advice but... (excuse me cos im new here) what is BBQ (other than barbaque) and WnW (is it wet and wild? that l'oreal thing?)
stone... never seen a swatch but i think naked liner will be released before stone :(

the chromo pencils were le I believe, but they were (don't know right now or later) on the website.. and yes they are totally safe for lips... rule of thumb: if you can wear it on your eyes, you can wear it on your lips.

subculture.. the swatch sucks.. but on me, it does pull kind of peachy.. that's why I suggested the blonde WnW eye brow pencil.. it works beautifully.

I think.. think.. again not confirmed but have seen that the colour Stone was being used, so it might be reissued as I have said before.. lots of reissues later on. IF Stone is repromoted, BUY it !! and then get 2 more.. that's what I am doing if it comes back.. I have like 6 of BBQ.... love those neutral light or mid tone beiges.

Pinkdollface

http://www.xsparkage.com/?p=2630 after seeing these swatches i can't wait to check out viva glam gaga 2! I always loved xsparkage and she has about the same skintone as me, so her swatches are really helpfull to me. They look so good
pompom.gif

ButterflyDior77

I posted in the color swatches section , viva glam all campaigns the Gaga 2 gloss on my light pigmented lips on NC20 skin tone.

I am getting the lipstick by UPS tomorrow.

Here is one of the pics:

LMD84

very tame... i dont feel like it needed to last for nearly 2 minutes! one minute of that would have been enough :)

Face2Mac

BBQ and Stone are two discontinued lipliner. BBQ is my favorite brown neutral lipliner that Mac has ever made but I guess they didn't call me when the decided to discontinue but I can still track them down.

GlammySammy

After seeing some swatches of this on some other super pale ladies like myself I felt like I had to check out the VG lippie (all the perm nude color lipsticks don't look well on me)
went and tried it on today and it's a must have for me! I'm NW-15 for reference and this does pull slightly peach but not near as peach as any of the perm nudes and I noticed the
natural pigment in my lips almost balanced out the peachy tone (it's very slight!) Didn't dig the lipgloss... made it way to peach for me so I'll be using good ol' Boy Bait over the VG2

Haven

I just got my Gaga 2 lipstick and gloss delivered by UPS. I have only played with them a little bit, and so far I am less than thrilled with the lipstick. I plan on trying the different liners that have been suggested here, such as subculture, to get rid of the pasty lips look. Any additional sugestions of liners that are easy to get & would look good on N3 studiofix skin would be greatly appreciated.

The jury is still out on the gloss. I just know that I can't wear the lipstick and gloss together. Talk about a pasty grey mouth.

BTW what is WnW Blonde Eyebrow pencil?

silentstorm143

I find I can get two dif looks with the lipstick if putting it on like a regular lipstick is to much try putting it on lightly and spreading it out with the tip of your finger sheering it out

shontay07108

I wore Gaga lipstick and lipglass out for the first time Thursday and I love it. It looked great all day, really. I wore it with Cork liner, just like I did when I tested it. I kept everything else simple: just liner and mascara (and brows b/c I don't have any of my own! :lol:). I find it looks better that way. It's a natural look, but it doesn't make you look dull. I don't like the heavy blush I wore in the swatch thread when I tested the lipstick and lipglass. For the first time, I could really see the fine shimmer in the lipglass and I think it helps the lipstick look less severe. The key is to go easy on the lipstick. Less is more in this case. ETA: All I had on my cheeks was the magically cool liquid powder in Cajun. Man, it's been some time since I wore it and a I decided to wear it to keep things simple. The cooling effect is gone! Anyone else experience this? I am so bummed out. I still love it, but darn.