Want a barbie? They're still available!

poocatgrrl

Just saw this and went to the site--now it says they are on Backorder until March 5th.

I didn't order bec I don't know if B/O means B/O or "never getting anymore" (like the MAC website).

Oh well--congrats to all of you that got one!

ETA: I just called BC and they *are* now on B/O, but she said they *will* be getting more in on March 5th (didn't know how many).

She said since it is a gold label release that there are only 25,000 (? can't remember exactly) made worldwide.

Anyway, just thought I would update so if anyone still wants one, it looks like you can "reserve" them for the March 5th reshipment. They won't charge your CC until the item ships.

Ms. Z

I contacted them last month and they told me that the dolls would only be available at MAC stores. I'm glad they are giving people the opportunity to buy it directly through them. Maybe some of those shopping on ebay will get your message.

.VivaDiva.

Yea they are on back order till march 5th but I ordered one anyway. I'm also going to home to london for a vacation in March so I will get another from there fo sho! and probably back ups of the collection.

Holly

Re: All you girls who want a M·A·C BARBIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniyairshad
If you didn't score one from the site or your M·A·C store, here's your chance:
http://www.barbiecollector.com/showc...2007&sort=name
**Mods if i'm not allowed to do this, please delete this post**

On the barbie collector website it says they're backordered til march 5th 07

saniyairshad

Instead of waiting for them to come on Ebay for ridiculous prices u can buy them for retail price on the Barbie website...that's what I meant
smiles.gif

Brianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
On the barbie collector website it says they're backordered til march 5th 07

Wow, that was quick.
I ordered mine about 3:30pm EST and it said in stock. Got my e-mail confirmation and everything.

Guess there was a mad rush to order from there.

thegirlgotsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianne
Wow, that was quick.
I ordered mine about 3:30pm EST and it said in stock. Got my e-mail confirmation and everything.

Guess there was a mad rush to order from there.

Me too! I ordered mine around 4 and I got my order confirmation too!

depecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlgotsoul
Me too! I ordered mine around 4 and I got my order confirmation too!

How long did it take for you to get the confirmation email? I ordered before 10 am PST and haven't received an email. I did get a confirmation number though.

Jacq-i

My first e-mail came about one minute after I ordered. Then I got an "order confirmation" e-mail about 30 minutes later...

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecher
How long did it take for you to get the confirmation email? I ordered before 10 am PST and haven't received an email. I did get a confirmation number though.

I ordered mine at 11:30 PST and I have still not recieved a confirmation e-mail. I called again just to check and they said they have my order but most of the time they e-mail people once they send out the doll.
hmm.gif

User40

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniyairshad
If you didn't score one from the site or your M·A·C store, here's your chance:
http://www.barbiecollector.com/showc...2007&sort=name
**Mods if i'm not allowed to do this, please delete this post**

I'm actually glad mine is back-ordered, because it will let me space my purchases out a little. And I thought my chance of getting one at retail price was gone. Thanks for the link!
th_hug.gif

saniyairshad

Quote:
I'm actually glad mine is back-ordered, because it will let me space my purchases out a little. And I thought my chance of getting one at retail price was gone. Thanks for the link!
th_hug.gif

ur most welcome hon anytime
smiles.gif

eponine

i ordered a couple anyway, if they show up, awesome, if not, i already got mine... i just feel bad for some of my friends who had to work and missed out on getting their own barbie.
ssad.gif

mrstucker

If they're backordered, does this mean that the frenzy (Ebay ridiculous prices) will stop, as everyone will be able to get one? I mean, are they making more?

Janice

Production is limited to 25k dolls.

MAC was allocated 15k and Mattel was allocated 10k. (from what I've read)

Realistically, they (Mattel) probably only had a certain amount of inventory "in stock" and ready to ship in their warehouse(s). There's probably another production shipment en route to the warehouse(s) from the actual place of manufacturing. It's all a big supply chain. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if some MAC stores received second shipments of the doll too.