Want a barbie? They're still available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
there's supposed to be more available in March on the barbie collector's website.!

hmm.gif
I think I read on BC's site that starting in March they will make it a world wide sale, and that they did not anticipate how fast the dolls were going...

meihwa

In addition to MAC, I collect Barbie dolls, and from what I was told on the Barbie end, this doll is strictly limited to a gold label edition of 25,000 worldwide. I know initially MAC was to receive 10,000 dolls, and then they would be allocated to the stores. From there, the stores would set aside 50% of however many they received for MAC employees to purchase until they were gone. There was supposed to be a limit of 1 doll per customer, including employees on the MAC side. I doubt a 2nd shipment will go to MAC stores unless Mattel has difficulty selling their remaining inventory on their end. Remember, this was a joint collaboration, and MAC is making a majority of their profit on the cosmetic side, and Mattel's majority profit is on the Barbie doll side. On the Mattel side (Barbie), they would have the remaining 15,000 dolls available to sell, with a limit of 2 per customer. If you try to order more, usually when the orders go into the processing phase, they will change your quantity back to the limit of 2, unless they miss it or have not fully implemented the restrictions on the Barbie website. When the doll says backordered, there is a good chance your order will be filled. Mattel will say sold out and will stop selling if they have filled orders for all the anticipated 2nd shipment/backordered dolls to avoid disappointment. So if you want a doll, try and order now while it still says backordered and don't wait until March 05 because your chances are better now. This has been my experience with other LE dolls, and so I hope this helps!

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
I just got my Barbie's delivered today
smiles.gif

Good for you! I'm anxiously waiting for mine.
clap.gif

brookeab

Mine actually shipped on the 14th! On my confirmation email it said the doll was on backorder until the 5th of March. I guess I got in on time because my card was charged and I got a tracking number. I am VERY excited now as I was worried I wouldn't be getting one, or that I would have to wait till next month for it. If you got a back order status on your confirmation email, I would check your card OR your order status on barbiecollector.com, it just might have been sent!
smiles.gif

hellokitty

I ordered one on the site, but it is backordered until March 5. I will take it, I don't care ! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
greengrin.gif

LindseySullivan

BARBIE IS AVAILABLE preorder 3/5 from Barbie!!!

Stop the scalping! Dont pay more than $35 for the MAC barbie. You can preorder the barbie at the Barbie.com site - it's available 3/5/07

Shimmer

Re: BARBIE IS AVAILABLE preorder 3/5 from Barbie!!!

I would say jump on that ASAP, as it seems to be going quickly.

brookeab

Re: BARBIE IS AVAILABLE preorder 3/5 from Barbie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I would say jump on that ASAP, as it seems to be going quickly.

I agree. They only have a few thousand left to sell, and once those are gone there will be no more. So if you are wanting a babrie jump on this quick! I has already been on backorder for a few days now, so i'd take a chance and order.
smiles.gif
(Plus its better than paying over 100 for the doll on ebay)

kellis84

I just received my dolls today from Barbiecollecter.com SO PRETTY
eyelove.gif

I'm thinkin of ordering again for a bday gift for my friend...i know it will be back ordered... but her bday is in July....

queenofdisaster

when did you guys order? did they ship ups? im in ca, maybe thats why mines not here yet... i ordered like RIGHT when they put it up on the site but havent got any shipping confirmation, but have already been charged.

Jacq-i

I ordered right away too on Tuesday, Feb 13... I selected the cheapest shipping... I'm in TX...

You can track your package here.

aLYiLiCiOuS

i ordered mine on feb 18th... havent received email orbeen charged yet... im hoping it worked!!!! i do have a confirmation number i wrote down tho... guess i'll wait anxiously till march 5th

iiifugaziii

hey girlies!!! They're available to pre-buy on barbie collector.com
smiles.gif
My mom bought two and sent one to me!!! but it's not going to be available for shipping until march 5th i believe
smiles.gif