Weight Loss Group

Paramnesia

It's fantastic you've found a system that works for you.

I personally love weight training more than cardio. Hopefully when I move I'll be able to go back to doing body pump classes, I really miss them.

blindpassion

Congrats to everyone in this thread who has worked hard to loose the pounds.

Indian Barbie, you look FANTASTIC. Congrats
smiles.gif

User49

Wow you look great! I think whats most beautiful is the confidence in your second picture! Go you! You look great!

SerenityRaine

Small Steps

So glad to have found this thread!

I've was diagnosed about 4 years ago with PCOS & Insulin Resistance, which is a double whammy but explains a lot of my weight loss issues. I've been up & down & all around! I'm trying to get off this damned roll coaster for once & all.

I have a sugar addiction that is comparative to a crack heads addiction for crack lol. I went to a wellness alternative (holistic) a couple months back & I was on their herbal stuff. Idk why I went off anyways, I'm goin to start taking the stuff again here soon. I decided that before I start again that it'd be more effective if I conquered my sugar addiction. I kept trying to plan when to stop & kept sliding the date further & further. Ugh. Until, one day I had it & just decided to swear off junk food. It worked for the most part. I upped my protein intake.

I also got off my lazy derrierre & took my dogs for a walk in the park. Its kinda funny I thought that the walk was going to be the end of me but clearly I didn't take in account that my dogs would try to trip or strangle me with their leashes at every opportune moment.

My downfall are donuts. So evil. So listen to this theres a customer who brings donuts to my work. It used to be every other week & usually on Mondays. I wanted them but I'd always miss them on my days off. Now, that I don't want them he brings them nearly every weeek & days that I'm generally working. I cave in
cry.gif
This week I'm going to be good! I'll never get anywhere if I keep caving in.

Lily_Lyla

Hey, I'm Annick.
I'm finding it really hard to get motivated to lose weight no matter how much I want to. I hope sharing it with you helps me lose the weight.

Height: 5 foot 4 and 3/4 inches
Highest weight (also current weight): 174 pounds
Lowest weight: 131 pounds (after surgery)

Goal weight: 112 pounds
So I need to lose 62 pounds.

I've got a really small frame so even 130 pounds looks really big on me.
I'm looking for help, what is a realistic time frame to lose the weight in? What diet plan should I follow? Etc.

Thanks a million x

Paramnesia

Hey lilly_lyla and SerenityRaine.

I know what you mean about sugar addiction SerenityRaine, I'm addicted to chocolate, I don't even really enjoy it anymore but I still eat it or I start to panic. I already suffer from depression and generalised anxiety disorder so I always cave in, much easier to than have a panic attack, then feel horrible all day.

Lily_Lyla You pretty much sound the same as me though I'm 5'3 and 165lb. I could never imagine being 112lb though seems a little small for me. My ideal weight would be around 132lb and I have a pretty tiny frame too.
62lb is a lot to lose, from my experience I find it easier to set small goals, say 5lb and give yourself ample amount of time (losing 5lb is a lot less daunting than 62lb). Once you've reached that goal it give you a sense of accomplishment, even small steps should be recognised and praise yourself.

Note: I'm just saying for me, wanna make sure I don't come across as judging or anything
smiles.gif

SingFrAbsoltion

Hey there. I posted here before but it took a while for me to actually start working out for real. I think going back to my home country and seeing the skinny girls did it! Since I came back I joined the gym and started going regularly. It was really hard at first because I was so out of shape (sitting on your ass all day will do that to you). But today I had a major breakthrough! After struggling with the elliptical for 2 months ( I had no lung capacity) something suddenly changed and I was able to do it for an hour! The blob can now run haha

Half N Half

Indian Barbie, your pics are awesome! I've been on my weight loss "journey" for about 3 months now and you just gave me so much more inspiration to keep going. Thank you!

Paramnesia

I'm so having a fat day today, just feeling like a big blob. I have a lot of problems with eating and the last few days I haven't really eaten. It's kind of part of my depression and also a side effect of anti-depressants.

I'd really like to exercise more but don't have the energy (plus I feel a cold/flu coming on), my bike is broken and its just getting too cold. I'm hopefully moving soon and will be able to go to body pump classes again.

I'm so sick of feel horrible because of my weight, I've lost 2kg and should be happy but I'm not, I don't even feel like I've lost any and just not getting any support irl. I'm trying to get help with my depression but the weight i've gained on anti-d's is depressing in itself.

Ruby_Woo

Hey everyone!
I've been stuck in a rut and still at 120 for a whole month now. But anyway, I wanted to post a pic of my progress, Im not down to where I wanna be yet, but close.

The pic w/ me in the blue shirt is from May and at that point I had already lost around 10 lbs, so imagine me w/ a bit more weight on from when I started :s

The one w/ me in the tan shirt is me at 123lbs.

I haven't taken any other recent ones cus I feel 3lbs is not too big a difference.

Also its taken me about 6 months to lose the weight, so its been slow. But steady.

bna1.jpg

Hopefully this can encourage someone to keep going. Hard work pays off!
smiles.gif

NutMeg

Nice work Ruby_Woo, maybe try changing up workouts to get out of your rut.

I did Pilates yesterday for the first time in... a while. I thought my legs would be fine and my abs and arms would be in pain, but oddly enough it's the other way around.

Ruby_Woo

Thanks ladies! Is it weird that I do not see it? Like I see it in the picture, but in person I feel like I have not lost any weight. I dunno if it takes a while for my brain to adjust lol. Thanks for the kind words. I had a bad day today, but I will work on it again as of tomorrow!
smiles.gif

Half N Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
Thanks ladies! Is it weird that I do not see it? Like I see it in the picture, but in person I feel like I have not lost any weight. I dunno if it takes a while for my brain to adjust lol. Thanks for the kind words. I had a bad day today, but I will work on it again as of tomorrow!
smiles.gif

I think it does take your brain some time to adjust. I've lost about 15lbs so far and I still feel the same when I look in the mirror, but friends and family have asked me if I've lost weight so obviously there is a difference. Brains are crazy like that! lol

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
There's a noticable difference and no, not trying to be rude because I'm slightly heavier than your first pic. Your thighs and hips have slimmed, waistline has shrunk and your arms are more defined. Even with the camera blocking your face second pic, you can tell your cheek bones are more defined. Congratulations madam....there's a change even though you don't see it and I would kill for your thighs alone.
winks.gif

Thanks! No, it wasn't rude at all! I noticed that when I get heavy, I tend to pack on the weight on my thighs, waistline and face. Thats where its more noticeable. I think its just on a daily basis its hard for me to notice it, but in pictures I can definetly see it.

Thank you everyone for your positive responses and hope we all get to where we wanna be.

Hey! btw, I've been eating luna bars when I don't wanna have a big meal and they get me through the day just fine! Love them! Check em out, my fave flavor by far is white chocolate macadamia!
smiles.gif

pdtb050606

I need some advice here, I'm really in a rut and don't know what to do??
I've been working out and eating wayyy healthier and cannot seem to lose any weight. Here is what I eat on a day to day basis, can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong

Get up and eat a banana

Around 10am I'll have a yogurt cup (the light yoplait one) with bran buds

Noon-Campbells light soup anywhere from 160-200 calories

2pm-snack bar

5pm dinner-usually chicken or fish and on rare ocassion lean hamburger meat, vegetables. Everything is always baked or grilled.

I'm soooo discouraged, my husband has lost 15 pounds and that's all he really needed to lose, and he is toning up from the working out. I feel super depressed b/c I don't know why I can't seem to lose anymore weight? At first I lost like 4-5 pounds and now nothing! Any advice would be great
ssad.gif