Westman Atelier

JerseyGirl

There is a citrus smell, but no taste. It really feels like a lip balm. There is a light stickiness that last a minute and then it is pure comfort on my lips. There is not a lot of color pay off, but that's what I enjoy about it. Lips feel nourished and I reapply every 2 - 3 hours. It lasts longer over the lip suede. I never liked how lip glosses felt on the lips, but this one is really a more a balm and not comparable to traditional lip glosses.
Thank you!

Winthrop44

There is a citrus smell, but no taste. It really feels like a lip balm. There is a light stickiness that last a minute and then it is pure comfort on my lips. There is not a lot of color pay off, but that's what I enjoy about it. Lips feel nourished and I reapply every 2 - 3 hours. It lasts longer over the lip suede. I never liked how lip glosses felt on the lips, but this one is really a more a balm and not comparable to traditional lip glosses.
That's what I thought it was supposed to be. Mine arrived smelling like rancid oil. I guess the heat got to it.

Mac-Guy

Gucci is coming out with a setting powder. I will get it, for sure. I'm scared of the price. I found her products last for a long time, though I'm not sure this will be true for a setting powder!

makeupbyomar

I must say, I do like the feel and sound of the packaging... The product has a beautful creamy texture to it, easy to sheer out or build up.

Blush Stick in Dusty Nude Rose

Breakdown - (Day look - using as both as a very sheer cheek colour, and deeper as a lip colour)

westman.jpg

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

That's what I thought it was supposed to be. Mine arrived smelling like rancid oil. I guess the heat got to it.

Did you see that there is a new foundation shade in 0.5? I will definitely get it for the winter. I've been using N and 0 this past winter, and I will add 0,5 into the mix. 0 is a bit too pink for me, though it blends out nicely. 0.5 will be a great addition.

I want to add that this foundation is expensive, especially when you buy several shades. But it really lasts forever and using different shades in any foundation is probably a good idea to make it look more natural.

Winthrop44

Did you see that there is a new foundation shade in 0.5? I will definitely get it for the winter. I've been using N and 0 this past winter, and I will add 0,5 into the mix. 0 is a bit too pink for me, though it blends out nicely. 0.5 will be a great addition.

I want to add that this foundation is expensive, especially when you buy several shades. But it really lasts forever and using different shades in any foundation is probably a good idea to make it look more natural.
Do you know if 0.5 is as yellow as 1?

Mac-Guy

Do you know if 0.5 is as yellow as 1?
I haven't seen it in person but as I always use at least 2 shades, it does not really matter to me as much. Most of the time I use 3 shades. I would assume that 0.5 is not as pink as 0 and not as yellow as 1. Shade 1 is pretty yellow and they added this now to the description. I think that 0.5 might be a lighter version of N, which is a pretty good match for me.

I wish Gucci would make sample packs for fair, light, medium, dark. It would make it so much easier.

Winthrop44

I haven't seen it in person but as I always use at least 2 shades, it does not really matter to me as much. Most of the time I use 3 shades. I would assume that 0.5 is not as pink as 0 and not as yellow as 1. Shade 1 is pretty yellow and they added this now to the description. I think that 0.5 might be a lighter version of N, which is a pretty good match for me.

I wish Gucci would make sample packs for fair, light, medium, dark. It would make it so much easier.
I’ll be curious to hear what you think if you get it. I was thinking 0.5 might be a little darker version of N. Completely agree on the sample packs.

Mac-Guy

I’ll be curious to hear what you think if you get it. I was thinking 0.5 might be a little darker version of N. Completely agree on the sample packs.
You might be right that it is a little darker than N. I will find out in the Fall.

I think the shade match is not as important with WA as long as you use at least two shades, or better three shades. I never had a more natural looking result.

Mac-Guy

I finally got 0.5 and on my skin, it is slightly lighter than N. Both are a really good match for me. They are very close in color and undertone.

GoldenFairy

Agree that the WA lipstick smells off..

An aside but wow Mac-Guy and Elegant one are still here after all these years!!! Where's Suzanne (the German girl at?!) Omg flashback to 2008!!!

Mac-Guy

Agree that the WA lipstick smells off..

An aside but wow Mac-Guy and Elegant one are still here after all these years!!! Where's Suzanne (the German girl at?!) Omg flashback to 2008!!!

Haha, thanks. Those crazy MAC releases were just fabulous. You knew that you've missed a launch when you woke up and there were 30 new pages on Specktra. I haven't bought any MAC in years and I am glad I switched to Westman and Chantecaille. How are you anyways?

GoldenFairy

Haha, thanks. Those crazy MAC releases were just fabulous. You knew that you've missed a launch when you woke up and there were 30 new pages on Specktra. I haven't bought any MAC in years and I am glad I switched to Westman and Chantecaille. How are you anyways?
Oh great thank you. Me too! I barely have any MAC stuff now. Those days were awesome - the Barbie Collection, Heatherette and Hello Kitty! Also Cult of Cherry - remember that?! MAC has definitely fallen off since then.

Latest posts