Westman Atelier

JerseyGirl

Ordered the day set... held off on the brushes. I’m going to see first how my current stash of brushes work with the shadows. Then I may order. I do like the shorter handles.

Mac-Guy

Ordered the day set... held off on the brushes. I’m going to see first how my current stash of brushes work with the shadows. Then I may order. I do like the shorter handles.

I adore shorter handles. It allows me to work closer to the face and do detailed work. I remember when Mac had shorter handle brushes with high quality (not the holiday sets). I can't wait for the Westman Atelier release of the brushes in Europe.

elegant-one

I adore shorter handles. It allows me to work closer to the face and do detailed work. I remember when Mac had shorter handle brushes with high quality (not the holiday sets). I can't wait for the Westman Atelier release of the brushes in Europe.
I am the same way. I prefer shorter handles. Good ones are not easy to find.

JerseyGirl

My set arrived late afternoon today. My first impression is that they are smaller than I thought they would be. They are cute, though. I’ll wear it tomorrow and see how it holds up on my lids.

Winthrop44

My set arrived late afternoon today. My first impression is that they are smaller than I thought they would be. They are cute, though. I’ll wear it tomorrow and see how it holds up on my lids.

That was my first thought as well; there’s very little product in the pots. I was not thrilled with the shades for myself, but maybe others will love them.

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

This is a very accurate review of the shadows imo and you can get a good look at the brushes too.

I like her look and she shows how easy it is to use the Les Nuits as a daytime shade. She is not the most talented in applying make up, but she makes it work and shows variety (same goes to her Chantecaille videos).

Kacki's application (in the previous video) was just painful to watch, though I like her final look. She just blended too much, it was really pointless. Gucci is about natural make up looks, so I don't expect flashy colors or blending issues. If I want a Pat McGrath look, WA are not the right products.

Mac-Guy

Did anybody get the baby blender? I usually apply WA blush with my fingers. I now use the baby blender and whatever is left on the brush, I use it in the crease. It works like a charm. I wash my brushes after every use, so I like the multipurpose application. The baby blender works also for all over wash of colors with the Kjaer Weis cream e/s. I find those harder to blend as they are more stiff when cold, but they work well with the baby blender.

Mac-Guy

That was my first thought as well; there’s very little product in the pots. I was not thrilled with the shades for myself, but maybe others will love them.

As cream products have a limited shelf life, I don't mind them being smaller. I can't speak for the e/s as I haven't tested them, but the WA foundation lasts me six months when I use it daily (I use several colors, so it obviously will last me longer) and the blushes will take me forever to finish, although I also use it daily. I am on my second Lit highlighter and also the second contour stick.

Although her products are really expensive, I am glad to see that I finish something. It means that I loved it, instead of just spending the money and let the product go bad or sit on the back of my shelf. I spent a lot of $$$ on MAC over decades. I probably spend the same amount now on WA, Chantecaille, Kjaer Weis and Drunk Elephant, but I do finish each and every product. If someone wants to splurge on many different brands, WA is probably too expensive, especially as it is mainly cream products. But if someone loves a small edited stash, those luxury cream products are worth their money.

Winthrop44

Mac-Guy Mac-Guy I'm with you on spending $$$ on fewer items that you'll finish vs $ on many more items that you won't. After awhile all the MAC collections just started to feel overwhelming so I made that change many years ago and have never regretted it. But I understand others may feel variety is more important. Eyeshadow Brush #2 on the left, Baby Blender on the right. Have not tried either one yet.

Attachments

• brushes1.JPG
    brushes1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts