Westman Atelier

Mac-Guy

I ordered Les Jours today. Shipping takes ages ATM, but I expect arrival until the end of next week. I know that I will love the tabac shade. I also ordered the Chantecaille coral face palette.

The eye pods are marketed as "only for a limited time available" for the European market. Not sure if it is limited quantities or if they will come back when sold out. I will place a second order on the brushes when there is a good deal available.

Mac-Guy

I ordered Les Jours today. Shipping takes ages ATM, but I expect arrival until the end of next week. I know that I will love the tabac shade. I also ordered the Chantecaille coral face palette.

The eye pods are marketed as "only for a limited time available" for the European market. Not sure if it is limited quantities or if they will come back when sold out. I will place a second order on the brushes when there is a good deal available.

Les Jours is already sold out at Niche Beauty (one of the two European sellers. The other one didn't even get the eye pods). I am so happy that I have placed my order.

Mac-Guy

Here's a nice video. The chocolate shade is my favorite on myself.

I can't wait to get my eye pods. I will certainly use it a lot alongside the Chantecaille Hummingbird quad. It is perfect for a no make make up look. Those who complain about the sheerness have no understanding of Gucci's aesthetics and what she is trying to achieve. Yes, sometimes I also want full coverage true to pan eye shadows, but then I go for a different brand.

I still wonder what is meant by "limited drop". Was it just one batch and there will be a new batch?

Mac-Guy

My order arrived today. I love Les Jours. Neige is very similar to the Lit Up stick in color. It has this soft blue-lavender hint that makes very nice glass-like skin. It looks more intimidating in the the pan, where it is frosty white. I use it all over to give a nice sheen, with an emphasis on the inner corner. Tabac is gorgeous for blue eyes. It makes my eyes pop immediately. Almost no blending required. The shades blend itself. I used Chocolat for the outer corner and the lash line. It is also very soft. There won't be any harsh lines or patchiness. elegant-one elegant-one It's a contemporary twist on the no make up Calvin Klein ads. For those who want insane pigmentation or crazy colors, this won't be the right product.

I will buy both brushes when they are back in stock. I love all of the WA brushes and use them daily. I have no doubt that the eye brushes will work well with the shadows. I already made a dent in all three shadows.

I also love the Chantecaille Manta Ray. You get an instant summer look with the coral. It's bright, but in a sophisticated way. It blends out nicely. Again, it's stunning for blue eyes. I will add a bit to the crease next time.

elegant-one

My order arrived today. I love Les Jours. Neige is very similar to the Lit Up stick in color. It has this soft blue-lavender hint that makes very nice glass-like skin. It looks more intimidating in the the pan, where it is frosty white. I use it all over to give a nice sheen, with an emphasis on the inner corner. Tabac is gorgeous for blue eyes. It makes my eyes pop immediately. Almost no blending required. The shades blend itself. I used Chocolat for the outer corner and the lash line. It is also very soft. There won't be any harsh lines or patchiness. elegant-one elegant-one It's a contemporary twist on the no make up Calvin Klein ads. For those who want insane pigmentation or crazy colors, this won't be the right product.

I will buy both brushes when they are back in stock. I love all of the WA brushes and use them daily. I have no doubt that the eye brushes will work well with the shadows. I already made a dent in all three shadows.

I also love the Chantecaille Manta Ray. You get an instant summer look with the coral. It's bright, but in a sophisticated way. It blends out nicely. Again, it's stunning for blue eyes. I will add a bit to the crease next time.
That sounds so beautiful! I was wondering if you bought the Chantecaille. I need all the above :) Thanks so much

BTW I am still LOVING the UBeauty!!! My skin looks pore-less and some very fine slight wrinkles are completely softened and almost gone. I don't really have wrinkles but I'm picky :) I took a few pictures of myself without any makeup on and loved my skin. I actually looked younger and my skin more youthful.

Last edited:

Alysse011

That sounds so beautiful! I was wondering if you bought the Chantecaille. I need all the above :) Thanks so much

BTW I am still LOVING the UBeauty!!! My skin looks pore-less and some very fine slight wrinkles are completely softened and almost gone. I don't really have wrinkles but I'm picky :) I took a few pictures of myself without any makeup on and loved my skin. I actually looked younger and my skin more youthful.

The U Beauty is very good! I switch off between it and Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. I’m halfway done with the Skinceuticals and will repurchase U Beauty. I use Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream afterward and love the results.

elegant-one

The U Beauty is very good! I switch off between it and Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. I’m halfway done with the Skinceuticals and will repurchase U Beauty. I use Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream afterward and love the results.
Hey dear. I'm sooo happy to read that. I never want to be without it. It's so gentle with great results. Now I have to look up AB cream. I've been using Sisley and Darphin creams after or sometimes nothing at all.

I also just bought the new BeautyBio steel rollers on one handle. It's already sold out on their site and Nordies. I had a 20% off code so I ordered it on their site and was able to get one before it sold out. I can't wait to try it.

Happy you posted!

JerseyGirl

So what did you think of them on JerseyGirl JerseyGirl ?

Ok....sorry I’m so late to respond. I’ve been wearing the shadows pretty regularly for the past two weeks. I have oily lids that are a real challenge! So I’m always trying different eye primers to keep the shadows from disappearing on my lids. If I wear a good primer this shadow will last through a workday without much creasing. If I don’t these shadows fade and disappear on me. I like the colors, they aren’t super pigmented where you can easily overdo it and have to take some off. The pods are cute... I think I’ll get the brushes next. BTW, I ordered les jours.

Mac-Guy

Ok....sorry I’m so late to respond. I’ve been wearing the shadows pretty regularly for the past two weeks. I have oily lids that are a real challenge! So I’m always trying different eye primers to keep the shadows from disappearing on my lids. If I wear a good primer this shadow will last through a workday without much creasing. If I don’t these shadows fade and disappear on me. I like the colors, they aren’t super pigmented where you can easily overdo it and have to take some off. The pods are cute... I think I’ll get the brushes next. BTW, I ordered les jours.

What primer do you use? I used UD primer potion for the longest time, but last year I switched to Heir Atelier, and I really like it for the eye pods. The WA eye pods last longer on my lids than Kjaer Weis cream e/s. Building up the product definitely helps with longevity.

The brushes are also next on my list. They need to restock for the European market though...

elegant-one

That Cryo double ended steel roller is back in stock on Nordies if anyone is interested. It's under the New section under Beauty.
I got mine yesterday and it feels so good. It will instantly sculpt your cheekbones, no lie! It's so smoothing and soothing to use on the eye area.

Alysse011

That Cryo double ended steel roller is back in stock on Nordies if anyone is interested. It's under the New section under Beauty.
I got mine yesterday and it feels so good. It will instantly sculpt your cheekbones, no lie! It's so smoothing and soothing to use on the eye area.

Thanks! I was able to purchase it (and a dress:arco:)

Have you been using it after you apply all your skincare?

elegant-one

Thanks! I was able to purchase it (and a dress:arco:)

Have you been using it after you apply all your skincare?
:rofl: :icon_cheers: Wow, a dress too lol. I just did that tonight. I used it on just washed skin the first day. It's so good both ways. I watched the video on their site about how to use it.

The quality is excellent too. It's made very, very well.

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

What primer do you use? I used UD primer potion for the longest time, but last year I switched to Heir Atelier, and I really like it for the eye pods. The WA eye pods last longer on my lids than Kjaer Weis cream e/s. Building up the product definitely helps with longevity.

The brushes are also next on my list. They need to restock for the European market though...

I’ve been trying Anastasia BH, Bare minerals, Guerlain, Chanel, Tom Ford, YSL...can you tell I haven’t found the right one yet?
I do have U/Decay I will try it tomorrow.

Winthrop44

I’ve been trying Anastasia BH, Bare minerals, Guerlain, Chanel, Tom Ford, YSL...can you tell I haven’t found the right one yet?

With cream products I generally use just 1-2 shades and when they crease I just smooth them out with my finger and call it all good. Just call me cosmetically lazy!

Winthrop44

Anyone here still using WA? I'm helping a friend choose a foundation and in looking thru this thread for videos to send her I saw that I was actually using a particular sunscreen early on when it didn't bother my rosacea. That sunscreen had been discontinued by the time I finally got N and it bothered my skin. I think I used N over just moisturizer. So I'm going to be trying the it again over various sunscreens or primers to see if I can use it. Last I knew Mac-Guy Mac-Guy was using it over DE sunscreen and JerseyGirl JerseyGirl was in search of something. Any updates?

Mac-Guy

Anyone here still using WA? I'm helping a friend choose a foundation and in looking thru this thread for videos to send her I saw that I was actually using a particular sunscreen early on when it didn't bother my rosacea. That sunscreen had been discontinued by the time I finally got N and it bothered my skin. I think I used N over just moisturizer. So I'm going to be trying the it again over various sunscreens or primers to see if I can use it. Last I knew Mac-Guy Mac-Guy was using it over DE sunscreen and JerseyGirl JerseyGirl was in search of something. Any updates?

I still use WA over DE sunscreen. I've used shade N, 1, and 2 for the summer and slowly converted to 0, N, and 1 for Fall. In the winter I will use 0 and N. It works out very well for me.

If the foundation bothers you, I wouldn't use it anymore. Even if a primer provides a barrier, your skin will still get irritated over time. It's probably not worth it.

I still love the eye shadows, especially Tobacco. So gorgeous for blue eyes.

Winthrop44

I still use WA over DE sunscreen. I've used shade N, 1, and 2 for the summer and slowly converted to 0, N, and 1 for Fall. In the winter I will use 0 and N. It works out very well for me.

If the foundation bothers you, I wouldn't use it anymore. Even if a primer provides a barrier, your skin will still get irritated over time. It's probably not worth it.

I still love the eye shadows, especially Tobacco. So gorgeous for blue eyes.

You are right about that. I feel like DE Lala (which is my usual moisturizer) increases absorption of anything that's put on top of it or mixed into it though, so there's that too. This week one day I tried WA N just in spots I felt like I needed it without using any moisturizer or sunscreen and had no problem with it. I'll do a little more experimenting before I decide to toss it for good. I do agree with your premise.

JerseyGirl

I’ve been switching between aveeno positively radiant and Olay complete UV365 moisturizers with sunscreen and they’ve worked just fine with WA. I had to get my flakiness from retin-A under control first. That just took time. Once that improved the WA worked just fine.

Mac-Guy

Who else is excited about the new Mimi blush and the new highlighter stick in Nectar. I know I will love both. They are currently only available as a set together with Peau de Rose, which I have already. I hope it will be released as singles, though I might purchase the set and gift the super tinted highlighter.

Latest posts