Wet n Wild NEW Color Icon cosmetic line

silentstorm143

I just picked up two of the holiday palettes the snow sprite and sugar plum fairy they are so pretty. Def check them out. The colors that have glitter/sparkle actually show up and aren't just in the pan. The other two palette I couldn't justify getting because I rarely wear neutrals.

laylalovesmac

I'm such a high end snob that I completely ignore drugstore makeup. Well, these new palettes look way better than any of MAC's holiday palettes this year!
th_drool.gif

I'm going to try to get to Walgreen's sometime this week and see if I can nab Night Elf and Snow Sprite!
greengrin.gif
And probably Sugar Plum Fairy!
blush-anim-cl.gif
I'm hella excited about these!

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:Originally Posted by internetchick

I thought it was until the 6th?

I read the small print on the sales markers and they said the sale was going on through 10/24-11/20

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:Originally Posted by Caderas

Yay! I got 2 of them this last week.. I have pictures and swatches of everything at this link:

http://gessoscientist.blogspot.com/2010/10/wet-n-wild-color-icon-palettes-holiday.html

greengrin.gif

Quote:Originally Posted by silentstorm143

I just picked up two of the holiday palettes the snow sprite and sugar plum fairy they are so pretty. Def check them out. The colors that have glitter/sparkle actually show up and aren't just in the pan. The other two palette I couldn't justify getting because I rarely wear neutrals.

LUCKY!!!!

laylalovesmac

I'm going to go to Walgreens right now and see if I can track down Night Elf and Snow Sprite.
greengrin.gif
I'll update when I get home! But, I'm also not going to run all over town for these. I'm just too busy lately, unfortunately.
ssad.gif

laylalovesmac

Good luck layla
Your luck worked!!!
greengrin.gif
th_hug.gif

I found all of them at my neighborhood Walgreen's (first one I tried!) and they rang up at $2.50. I am so happy right now! I was contemplating Sugar Plum Fairy, but it didn't look unique enough for me.
th_dunno.gif
I think I'll get their other purple one in a few weeks. I liked Golden Goddess (it was beautiful) but I only use matte-ish nudes on my eyes, and they were very shimmery, so skip!

My display was really hard to find (next to the Rogaine and the razors?
shockt.gif
) and they had 2-3 of each. I almost gave up, but thank god I didn't! I got Night Elf (
th_drool.gif
) and Snow Sprite (
th_drool.gif
th_drool.gif
)! Can't wait to use them!
love.gif
I'll try to post swatches soon, but I can't promise anything because I have a paper due on Friday that I haven't started yet (
blush-anim-cl.gif
), but I will try my best!

I was gonna get some of their nail lacquers, too, but I really couldn't find those. So, I got roped into a Sinful Colors polish as I was checking out- San Francisco! I wouldn't have mentioned it except that I'll be rocking it with Snow Sprite!!!!

I forgot how fun drugstore makeup shopping was! I'm definitely gonna do it more frequently from now on.
graucho.gif
th_wink3.gif
lol.gif

silentstorm143

Your luck worked!!!
greengrin.gif
th_hug.gif

I found all of them at my neighborhood Walgreen's (first one I tried!) and they rang up at $2.50. I am so happy right now! I was contemplating Sugar Plum Fairy, but it didn't look unique enough for me.
th_dunno.gif
I think I'll get their other purple one in a few weeks. I liked Golden Goddess (it was beautiful) but I only use matte-ish nudes on my eyes, and they were very shimmery, so skip!

My display was really hard to find (next to the Rogaine and the razors?
shockt.gif
) and they had 2-3 of each. I almost gave up, but thank god I didn't! I got Night Elf (
th_drool.gif
) and Snow Sprite (
th_drool.gif
)! Can't wait to use them!
love.gif
I'll try to post swatches soon, but I can't promise anything because I have a paper due on Friday that I haven't started yet (
blush-anim-cl.gif
), but I will try my best!

I was gonna get some of their nail lacquers, too, but I really couldn't find those. So, I got roped into a Sinful Colors polish as I was checking out- San Francisco! I wouldn't have mentioned it except that I'll be rocking it with Snow Sprite!!!!

I forgot how fun drugstore makeup shopping was! I'm definitely gonna do it more frequently from now on.
graucho.gif
th_wink3.gif
lol.gif
Yay! Im glad you got what you were looking for. My walgreens wouldnt let me get the palette on sale they said it was because it was limited edition
ssad.gif
. I got them anyways. I will try to post swatches of sugar plum fairy you might change your mind. Snow sprite def is
th_drool.gif
careful with the dark blue
smiles.gif
. More luck on your paper.

Smf16

Yay! Im glad you got what you were looking for. My walgreens wouldnt let me get the palette on sale they said it was because it was limited edition
ssad.gif
. I got them anyways. I will try to post swatches of sugar plum fairy you might change your mind. Snow sprite def is
th_drool.gif
careful with the dark blue
smiles.gif
. More luck on your paper.

Yes I finally was able to snag all four palettes at my Walgreens!!
smiles.gif
I had to ask the SA because they still weren't out on display but she had them behind the counter...unfortunately however I had to pay full price! She says because they are LE they are not ringing up on sale...Has anyone else been able to get them on sale? Seems they should be if all WNW is on 50% off sale??

laylalovesmac

Yes I finally was able to snag all four palettes at my Walgreens!!
smiles.gif
I had to ask the SA because they still weren't out on display but she had them behind the counter...unfortunately however I had to pay full price! She says because they are LE they are not ringing up on sale...Has anyone else been able to get them on sale? Seems they should be if all WNW is on 50% off sale??
I got mine on sale.
greengrin.gif
But the employees there are pretty laid back....
th_wink3.gif

silentstorm143

Here are the swatches. Its raining a lot here so the lighting is not the greatest and the pics don't do the colors justice. the top row is over TFSI and the bottom is over NYX jumbo pencil in milk. They look so much prettier over tfsi and what the camera isn't showing is that the lightest color in the palette the top white is duo chrome and it doesn't show that the darker color has reddish copper glitter that shows up on the skin/eye. Look at the pick of the palette - My favs the three on the left and the bottom right.

laylalovesmac

^I want that one now!!!!
greengrin.gif
lol.gif

I have to return a shampoo I bought, so it may or may not jump into my cart tomorrow.
sneaky.gif
lol.gif

Thanks for the swatches!!!!
th_hug.gif

laylalovesmac

^Exact dupes of any MAC colors or otherwise you can think of?
I don't know about Sugar Plum Fairy, and I haven't gotten a lot of time to play with mine yet, but right off the bat, the bottom left color in Night Elf is a perfect dupe for Blue Brown pigment or Club Eyeshadow. Seriously- exact.
greengrin.gif
I'll try to really examine and look this weekend.

silentstorm143

So far the top left color in the sugar plum fairy reminds me a lot of seedy pearl it has that same iridescent purple duo and top right reminds me of tan pigment-at least on my skin tone unfortunately I am going from memory as I don't own tan pig. I am still new to mac and don't know or own most of their colors but I will play with them later and compare them to the ones I do have.

Cydonian

Night Elf (the one with the red eyeshadow): Sparkly black is like Black Tied, blue/brown is like Club, silver is a sparklier Electra (I want to say the weird goldy colour is like something but I cannot remember the name)

Sugar Plum Fairy: There's a goldy purple that is a more intense version of Trax... they look different but it's because the WNW's base is more intense, pale purple is a more intense Beautiful Iris.

Golden Goddess (is that the name of it??): Most of the colours are Mac dupes but I'm bad at remembering LE names, the pale yellow/gold is like Creme de Miel, there's a sparkly orange that is a more intense Firespot, there's a coral/orange that is like Paradisco if it were matte with sparkles instead of shimmery, and there's a bronzey gold that is identical to Amber Lights (I couldn't tell the difference when I swatched it). There's a dark brown that is probably dupeable too.

Snow Sprite I don't have but the colours LOOK like dupes... light green = Aquavert, dark blue = Contrast, lightest blue = Suave Intentions. That's all I can recall but I think again every colour in this palette is a Mac dupe, either from perm line or LE.

Hope this helps! The palettes are an amazing bargain.

Goat Goat Etc.

Totes ruined a holiday wet n wild display at a 24 hour walgreens! I grabbed all 8 e/s palettes out of the display for me and a friend! You woulda thought it was Y2K again! lol

Latest posts