what perfume makes you sick to smell...yuck!

nelyanaphonexia

Elizabeth Taylor (anything really) but white diamonds mostly smells like death on me. I have a friend who I love dearly, but bathes in white diamonds. I still don't have the heart to tell her that it makes me sick.
ssad.gif

I also don't really like VS body spray..or any body spray for that matter. it just smells bad on me. I have a body chemistry with expensive taste??
tong.gif

Any rip off/cheapo perfume usually smells bad, on me, or anyone really...

I had a 'friend' who I came to detest because she did things like this: she knew I wasn't fond of AXE 'cologne' and poured/sprayed six bottles all over my bed and pillows once. I had to sleep on my sofa for a month before the smell was out. I was like...WTF?!?
th_dunno.gif
So, I hate AXE. Mostly because of that experience. Before that I just thought it was forgettable smelling.

Ex-Boyfriend wore something (Fierce??) from Abercrombie and Fitch...I can smell it from a mile away now and it makes me sick.
ssad.gif

yodagirl

An ex bought me a bottle of Miami Glow by J Lo one year and talk about horrendous! I smelled like I had rolled in a litter box for about a week..
throwup.gif

MACLovin

I actually like Miami Glow too, haha.. maybe it just didn't work with your body chemistry.
th_dunno.gif

The one that really makes me want to vomit is Clinique - Aromatics Elixir... "With notes of rose, jasmine, ylang ylang and vetiver."
throwup.gif

My boss' wife wears that crap. It's so horrendous.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone mentioned Jean Naté, remember that crap? My friend used to practically bathe in it.. I'd say it has "notes" of um, nursing home and cheap bathroom deodorizer.
thmbdn.gif

YSLGuy

I tend to like just about all fragrances really. I collect them. Rose usually makes me nauseous.

The saddest story is that for about two years I was in love with Geurlains Insolence. Everytime I went to Epcot (which was like once a week) I would smell it at the Guerlain store in France.

Finally I bought it and the first time I tried it I got violently ill. I had to lay down. I was dizzy, nauseous etc.

I got the same feeling from trying Laura Mercier's Chocolate Truffle body cream on. I had to sit down because i felt so sick.

clamster

Estee Lauding Pleasure delight = instant and long lasting headache
Victoria's Secret Love Spell is just plain cheap and unattractive
CK Eternity for men

Deirdre

Aside from really cheap teen fragrances, which make me want to rip my nose off my face, the most offensive fragrance I've ever used is Clinique Aromatics Elixir - I'm serious, that stuff is foul. I sprayed a little bit on my wrists once, and thought, hmm, not bad, so I put a little on my neck as well.
As it dried down, it became the most cloying scent, reeking of sour notes, mixed with the worst of old lady perfumes - hypercloy. I tried washing it off, but it just seemed to grow legs, as the evening went on. Even people around me seemed affected. Never again will I wear that scent.

Needless to say, I ran home, showered, and chucked that evil crap in the trash.
greengrin.gif

As a side note: anything with patchouli in it makes me want to retch.

embabe89

i HATE chanel no. 5. i can't understand why it's so popular! i wasn't even using it, and i was just trying to sell it on ebay (i got it as a gift) and you could still smell it. my dad ended up being allergic to it and would sneeze whenever he was around it. oh well, it made me $50
winks.gif

capmorlovesmac

Chanel No. 5 too.. yuck.. maybe in 20 or 30 years I'll like it though
th_dunno.gif

Everything with way too much vanilla in it too.. horrable

PnmnianPrincess

I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one that hates Chanel No. 5! The way people talk about it sometimes, I started thinking "is there something wrong with MY nose??" So here are some of my least faves:
Chanel No. 5 -- smells like geriatric in a bottle

Baby Phat Goddess -- smells like attention whore

Baby Phat Goddess -- smells like attention whore and Carmex

United Colors of Benetton (Men, Women, and Unisex) -- I'd spritz Raid on my neck before I used this

JLo Glow -- Dryer Sheet (you know those little thingys to stop your socks from clinging to everything? yup...)

Velvet Tuberose from Bath and Body Works -- smelled like I was rubbed down with a Glade Plug-in

Pink Sugar (is that what it's called) -- smelled like pure sugar. Not that sugar is a bad scent necessarily, but it was just so one dimensional and childish.

I know there are a million more, but those are what come to mind right now.

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
^ I love that perfume! Maybe your ex did something to it...LOL

LMAO!
lol.gif
Makes me wanna go buy a new bottle to see if there is any difference now lol

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnmnianPrincess
I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one that hates Chanel No. 5! The way people talk about it sometimes, I started thinking "is there something wrong with MY nose??" So here are some of my least faves:
Chanel No. 5 -- smells like geriatric in a bottle

Baby Phat Goddess -- smells like attention whore

Baby Phat Goddess -- smells like attention whore and Carmex

United Colors of Benetton (Men, Women, and Unisex) -- I'd spritz Raid on my neck before I used this

JLo Glow -- Dryer Sheet (you know those little thingys to stop your socks from clinging to everything? yup...)

Velvet Tuberose from Bath and Body Works -- smelled like I was rubbed down with a Glade Plug-in

Pink Sugar (is that what it's called) -- smelled like pure sugar. Not that sugar is a bad scent necessarily, but it was just so one dimensional and childish.

I know there are a million more, but those are what come to mind right now.

Agreed!!

BEA2LS

Estee Lauder - pretty much anything. when i was about 12 my sweet generous grandmother would buy me that box set. why, who knows - it all smelled so old! and strong. and gross, eww.

makeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Angel - it's foul!

You dont like angel! i love Angel and Angel Innocence. its a heavy fragrance and you dont need much at all, in fact i spray it in the air and run into it!
th_LMAO.gif
the fragrance i hate is DKNY Cashmere Mist. i swear that perfume is the devils fragrance!! that shizit is awful, at least on me it is. Burberry Britt is yuck too along with Ushers fragrances.

Brie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLGuy

Finally I bought it and the first time I tried it I got violently ill. I had to lay down. I was dizzy, nauseous etc.

I got the same feeling from trying Laura Mercier's Chocolate Truffle body cream on. I had to sit down because i felt so sick.

thats exactly the reaction i get with Lolita Lempicka Midnight Sun ( i think thats what its called),
ssad.gif
the bottle is so pretty

Arisone

Obsession by Calvin Klein. If someone is nearby wearing it my eyes start to water and my throat feels like its going to close up. Its too strong of a scent lol. Any perfume/fragrance that has vanilla/vanilla musk. The smell of vanilla musk makes me feel nauseous.

A few months ago, I sampled the perfume that Sarah Jessica Parker came out with..and it had vanilla musk in it
ssad.gif