What to do with a broken Shadestick?

ledonatella

they should wind up, but everytime I've done that they broke or they haven't done it in the first place. One reson I can't get into shadesticks, even though I would love to.

kare31

I've never tried it, but i've heard of people taking off the little colored cap on the bottom of the shadestick, and then sticking a pencil up there until the shadestick kind of clicks back into place.

Lalli

hmm the thing which u twist looks like its snapped, maybe someone returned it and i ended up picking the returns grr, im going to take it back tommorow

user79

MAC doesn't re-sell returned items, as far as I am aware. I'm pretty sure they just get chucked.

Lalli

hmm i didnt check in store i just asked for it and when i came home i wanted to use it n it wouldnt go up, my first shadestick and i end up with a crap one grr

bellaetoile

mac doesn't re-sell returns. ever. even if you buy an item, return it 5 minutes later to the same MA, they still have to throw them out for sanitary reasons.

shadesticks are notorious for breaking in the way you described. i have all except 2 of them, and i've had problems with like 4 of them, nordstrom has always exchanged them for me, no problem. however, the method listed above--take off the plastic "cap" at the end, stick a pencil (eraser end) up and push, and "click" the shadestick back into place--really works well. i've used it several times and its really easy and fixes the shadestick..

Lalli

it tried doing the pencil thing but i cant hear no click or anything, i think i'll just take it back to be on the safe side, no point destroying it thats like £12 gone down the drain grr

Lalli

actually ignore me!! it works yay
greengrin.gif
i wasnt clicking it back into place i was just pushing the thing up :p lmao yay i can use it now

txt_eva

OOO! It works! I popped the cap of the end and shoved a lil screw driver up there until it clicked in place again! Two fixed shadesticks
greengrin.gif

hnich

I had to take one of my shadesticks back twice because that happened before I even used it! but I was twisting backwards...my sister has broken all of hers though...it's really annoying actually

neeshie

that happened to me with overcast twice, i ended up returning it and getting something else

Sanne

I have had this with 2 of my beig-ing shadesticks; the first oneI used up but it was a pain to work with, so when it happend again to the one I bougth after the broken one, I went back to mac and exchanged it for a new one.

..kels*

that happened to my shimmertime from the mini s/s sets. i went to use it & the whole stick came flying out at me! haha. i went to MAC & told them what happened & they replaced it for me.

MAC_Whore

For those of you considering melting it:

I remember from a post awhile back that someone had tried to melt theirs to repair it and the Shadestick kind of flamed up. Be careful.
smiles.gif

bebs

I had the same problem.. the bottom plastic breaking so the shadestick wouldnt roll up. you can pop it back in somewhat.. just becareful when rolling it down that you dont roll it to far or it wont come back up again and you'll have to fool around with it in order to get it to work right... I keeped doing it.. and it made it stay alive for a few weeks longer then nothing, I just recently called the mac store and went in and exchanged it for a new one that would roll up right... every other shadestick (I have all of them) is and has been fine except for mangomix

so I would honestly just call them and see if they or the company will replace it... because if you keep fooling around with it.. and break it more they may not do it.. I dont know.. just my idea anyways

lara

I just took the entire stick of product out of my broken shadestick tube and mashed it up into an empty lip palette. I started using it waaaaaay more often, so I broke up the rest of them as well. Good space saver, too.
smiles.gif

allan_willb

one of mines broke and its still in my traincase lol...one day ill mash it all over my face and make something out of it......i guess

sarzio

One of mine (Gracious me) decided to randomly stop coming up one day... like the actual product does not move up at all and there is still tons left... Would the best course of action be to ask at the counter if they can replace it?, or try and fix it myself?