What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Shiiiet, after days of moving stuff at work all day, my feet need some relaxation at home.

*werks it in mah crocs*

My philosophy is that, if you can't look your best for even the most simple tasks, what's the point in looking your best anywhere else?

If these people look cute and don't look like Ganguro rejects, then what's the problem if they take pride in their appearance and don't mind waking up 3 hours early for it?

I posted that while ago haha. Wow it's been two years already and this thread is still going! I've actually changed my philosophy a bit on that since I've gotten more into fashion now.

However, I still think extremities are not for me in a school environment (clubbing clothes and makeup)...but that's just a personal opinion
smiles.gif
. Hell, I wake up an hour early to put myself together now (Even though it's natural-ish makeup. It's mostly cause I haven't developed a quick makeup routine yet, working on it..) But I think there's a line between what's cute and what's too dressy. But if that's what they want to wear I'm not here to judge.

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I saw a girl wearing a half shirt in the mall today. She'd obviously altered it herself by cutting it off, and she was dressed up. Wearing her half shirt. I was rather bemused, I won't lie.

I don't know why but this comment just made me
th_LMAO.gif

metal_romantic

Has anybody else mentioned the pairing of winter scarves with short-sleeve T-shirts? That sh*ts me. It's like the mini skirt, ugg boot thing. Also I'm not sure if this is just an Australian thing, but I see a lot of girls wearing long pants, bit puffy jackets with fur hoods, and thongs! Note: Not the underwear (we call it a g-string), THESE:
EVA-flip-flops-----------------20838.jpg

IT MAKES NO SENSE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
There is always a look that leaves us feeling cold. What trend out there do you wish would just go away; never to be seen again.

Here are mine...

Tiered broomstick skirts: Some things are better left in the 1970s.
Platform flip flops: Because I fall off of them!
Teeny skirts and super low rise jeans: This is like the age of showing your ass. What's next? Assless Chaps?
Large amounts of sequins: Do we all have to look like Vegas showgirls now?

One's hate is another's love. I own some of those hated items, minus the ass showing jeans and sequin dresses and I still love 'em and would still wear em!

Mizz.Coppertone

plastic looking jewelery
buttcracks showing cause of lowrise jeans
cartoon character screen tee's
puffy winter vests(ugh i hate these lol)
rhianna's haircut
crispy scrunched curly hair
ballet flats

Briar

There's a gal that works in another office in my building who just gives me the shivers every time I see her. She's blonde (highlighted, frosted to death blonde) with a very dark tan and always wears the dark "raccoon eye" makeup and no lipstick. She's also about 40 years old (so am I by the way). She just looks scary and fake like that. Its one thing to be that tan in a coastal state.. completely another in landlocked Colorado in the middle of winter *shudder*

I'm also really hating the skinny leg jeans with the saggy butt. What's that about? I usually see it on guys, but some gals try that look out as well and it's just weird.

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
I'm also really hating the skinny leg jeans with the saggy butt. What's that about? I usually see it on guys, but some gals try that look out as well and it's just weird.

Are they purchased like that, or are they just old and lost their stretch!?

luvsic

Aww, I like hippie headbands. Just really not with that outfit. I always pair hippie headbands with something more bohemian and loose (a free flowing dress, giant t-shirt, graphic tee with shorts), or with a more of the lovechild between bohemia and rock and roll.

Briar

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
Are they purchased like that, or are they just old and lost their stretch!?

I'm pretty sure they're purchased that way. The saggy butt usually coincides with a good view of the wearer's ass-crack, and I usually see this on 16 year old hipster kids.

chocolategoddes

I'm starting to get tired of the fedora+wayfarer sunglasses+dressy vest+skinny jeans+ scarf= I'm hip and stylish but laid back and cool combo.

It's over done. it was cool in 2008, but I'm getting sick of it now.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Have we discussed orange White girls yet?

I hate that.

Step away from the tanning bed and the bronzer, please.

THANK YOU!!!!

I am so over this, and most other tattoos that are supposed to be "original". People don't think about what they're going to look like as a grandmother with all this ink on their body. It's not feminine at all.
nonono.gif

I thought about what I am going to look like when I am old, and I decided to go ahead and nip the liver spots in the bud. Now you won't be able to see them.
winks.gif

kisou

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmaei
skinny jeans that are really more spandex than denim

see also: leggings

grr
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

I agree completely about the leggings. They were cute for a summer in 2007 or whatever, but they just won't go away and are rarely flattering unless you have the right coordinate.

L1LMAMAJ

ooooh i just thought of this one cuz i saw some girls sporting this look. i really don't like the plain t's with the huge words on it like "your boyfriend thinks i'm cute" or "not such a good girl afterall?" okay i totally made up the quotes but u guys know what i mean!! it's not fashionable at all, IMO. really tacky as a matter of fact.

Cinfulgirl

Those Jelly shoe things, I either never noticed they sold them or they are just popping up everywhere..
I had them when I was small and I hated them!!

alexandriamarie

-Skinny jeans. In my opinion they don't look good on anyone & they make your feet look huge!
- Neon colors. They look ridiculous, especially if they are neon skinny jeans. I don't mind a hint of neon (ex: a scarf, a belt) but honestly? Most of the big stuff (jeans, t-shirts, dresses?!?, shoes, etc) is ridic.
- gladiator sandals. Oh sorry, does Alexander the Great rule the whole known world? No. That's when gladiator sandals died, in my opinion.
- hippie headbands.
- abercrombie/hollister shirts that say "abercrombie/hollister/aeropostale/any other brand you can possibly wear on your chest". That is not fashion, you are a walking billboard.
- vests. If you have any type of chest vests are NOT your friend.
- booty shorts/mini skirts/clothes that vegas show girls wear. Honestly? In public? Where is your momma & why would she let you out of the house like that? Save it for the bedroom.

I have a lot of problems with "fashion"
angry.gif

funkychik02

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
ooooh i just thought of this one cuz i saw some girls sporting this look. i really don't like the plain t's with the huge words on it like "your boyfriend thinks i'm cute" or "not such a good girl afterall?" okay i totally made up the quotes but u guys know what i mean!! it's not fashionable at all, IMO. really tacky as a matter of fact.

I know right. I just ordered a shirt that says "Trying too hard".
tong.gif