What's For Dinner?

MACATTAK

Yes!! My favorite thread is back!!!
th_happy1.gif

SChotgurrl

I'm making Rachel Ray's Sauteed Sweet Chicken Breasts w/ a Spicy Fresh Tomato Chutney and White Rice....WHEW that's a long one!!

I'm making a couple changes like I did last time I made this:

*Adding diced mango...sounds weird but my God it is SOOOOO good and goes with the spiciness of the jalapenos.

*Also adding fire roasted diced green chilies (this recipe has a very Latin American influence to it if you haven't noticed yet ;-))

*Using JASMINE rice instead of white rice...it's a Thai-style rice but so yummy and fragrant I just have to try it with this chicken!!!

Oh P.S. this recipe comes from her 365: No repeats cookbook (Yum-O! lol) I think it's also on foodnetwork.com too!

melliquor

Red... you should give us some recipes... your pasta looks delicious. You are making me so hungry. I will be trying your broccoli and pasta dish tonite. How do you cook your pasta w/ meat sauce?

red

Ok lunch today, took 31 minutes, from preparation of ingredients, cooking time, to plate
cutey.gif

Secret Ingredients:

chicken cutlets
chicken thighs, deboned & skin removed
Panko Japanese breadcrumbs (the one that's used for Tonkatsu)
2 eggs

Salad

kirbies & tomatoes (just picked up from farmer's market real cheap)

Kasha (buckwheat)

1 cup of buckwheat kernels (also called kasha)
1 small onion
2 mushrooms
1 carrot
some parsley chopped fine

100_9462.jpg

ok let's get down to serious biz here
th_DANCE.gif

for the kasha Italian style, I chopped the onion, parsley, carrot, mushrooms

100_9463.jpg

then I sauted the whole thing in olive oil

100_9464.jpg

then I used a cup of buckwheat (1 part buckwheat & 2 parts water)
100_9465.jpg

100_9469.jpg

add salt to taste, or you can add a vegetable or chicken bouillon (which is tastier, but i was out of them)

when the water start to boil, lower heat to low (simmer), cover and cook for 20 minutes (just like rice)

for the chicken cutlets, i beat 2 eggs

100_9467.jpg

100_9470.jpg

got the Panko breadcrumbs ready in a plate

100_9471.jpg

breaded them

100_9473.jpg

and into the pan

100_9475.jpg

turnning over a few times, cooking initially on high heat, than lowering it a bit, so it doesn't burn and cooks thru

100_9476.jpg

Kasha is looking good
drools.gif

100_9480.jpg

cut up tomatoes & kirbies, seasoned with olive oil & balsamic vinegar and a bit of salt

100_9478.jpg

remove chicken and drain on paper towels

100_9482.jpg

Kasha is done!

100_9483.jpg

voila, lunch is served my friends
drools.gif

100_9485.jpg

100_9484.jpg

red

yes those are my "babies" Joshua & Jordan (who are now 18 & 17)

I love them to pieces
th_DANCE.gif

Lapis

today is roasted potatoes with herbs, roasted veggies with balsamic vinegar, bourbon chicken and chopped salad.
quick and easy everything is in the oven

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
Red... you should give us some recipes... your pasta looks delicious. You are making me so hungry. I will be trying your broccoli and pasta dish tonite. How do you cook your pasta w/ meat sauce?

really easy my friend.

sauted in olive oil a small onion chopped fine, a garlic clove that i smashed with the back of the knife, and some basil. I then add the ground beef and i cook that thru, then I add the crushed tomatoes (i mostly use Redpack crushed tomatoes), add a bit of salt, little pepper ... and the secret ingredient, a pinch of sugar
cutey.gif

cook that on a low flame for about 30 minutes.

now .. if you want to get fancy, and improve the taste, once you brown the meat, you add a little bit of white wine, and let that evaporate, than in addition to the crushed tomatoes, I add about a tablespoon of tomato paste. This makes for a heartier meat sauce.

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
today is roasted potatoes with herbs, roasted veggies with balsamic vinegar, bourbon chicken and chopped salad.
quick and easy everything is in the oven

how do you make the bourbon chicken? sounds really
drools.gif

and the roasted veggies with the balsamic vinegar OMG!!!!

I use balsamic vinegar a lot in roasting, especially on pork roast, delicious
thmbup.gif

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
how do you make the bourbon chicken? sounds really
drools.gif

and the roasted veggies with the balsamic vinegar OMG!!!!

I use balsamic vinegar a lot in roasting, especially on pork roast, delicious
thmbup.gif

I used this recipe the first time I made it, now I just eye ball and go by taste (I ask my dh to taste, lol)
Bourbon Chicken Recipes: The Best Bourbon Chicken Recipe Collection

I LOVE balsamic vinegar, we use it in everything! My fav is on steak which is what for dinner tomorrow.
I'm going to do the salt method on some t bones.
How to Turn Cheap “Choice” Steaks into Gucci “Prime” Steaks | Jaden's Steamy Kitchen

red

I love balsamic vinegar, some are highly sought after, just like wine
thmbup.gif

I've seen small little bottles go for as much as $30

Have you ever tried in on peaches? strawberries .... another experience ...

kimmy

lucie, i really think you need to make a cookbook. that way i can buy it and learn how to cook because the only thing i really know how to make is macaroni & cheese and chicken dumplings. oh, i know how to make pop-tarts too, those are my specialty.
smiles.gif

Monsterbilly

I loved this thread!
th_DANCE.gif

Already had dinner (pork ravioli with tomato and basil sauce)
Now this tread made me hungry, so i'll have some fruit salad with passion fruit activia
tong.gif

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
I love balsamic vinegar, some are highly sought after, just like wine
thmbup.gif

I've seen small little bottles go for as much as $30

Have you ever tried in on peaches? strawberries .... another experience ...

I've done the reduce thing and used it on icecream, I used one that I bought at Di Paolo's in NYC but I've never tried it since
Di Paolo's is one of my fav places in NY
cutey.gif
the cheese, olive oils it's heaven

Today dh ended up asking for shrimp instead of steak, so I did coconut shrimp with pina colada dip and cheddar biscuits, topped it off with blue Hawians
choochoo.gif

Simply Elegant

Yum your chicken looks so good.

I used panko breadcrumbs to make a breading for the chicken I made tonight and I used some greek seasoning and paprika and pepper but I baked mine. Also had pasta with cheese sauce and broccoli.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
I've done the reduce thing and used it on icecream, I used one that I bought at Di Paolo's in NYC but I've never tried it since
Di Paolo's is one of my fav places in NY
cutey.gif
the cheese, olive oils it's heaven

Today dh ended up asking for shrimp instead of steak, so I did coconut shrimp with pina colada dip and cheddar biscuits, topped it off with blue Hawians
choochoo.gif

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the Pina Colada dip? I've been looking for one
smiles.gif