What's you take on NYX Cosmetics?

mrschavez89

i have three trios and the pink's and purples show up lovely and so does the green, but the yellow and light blue are just...sucky...the yellow doesn't show up at all, and if it does it's chalky andthe blue just makes me look ashy!

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
Im not sure where in NY you are, but i know Ulta carries them as well as Essentials

I'm in the NYC area, I can travel to any boro.

yoflynn2000

I agree I love NYX.. I was skeptical at first because I love Mac so much but their single eyeshadows works just as good as Mac some of them may not be but for the price its well worth it if not more. Their colors are so much WOC friendly. I havent tried their lipglosses yet but I will very soon because I must have the gloss especially with full lips.

jubethone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
I'm in the NYC area, I can travel to any boro.

Go Here

I don't remember seeing the full line of Nyx anywhere in NYC, but I buy it from several places in NJ. The Ulta closest to me doesn't carry the pigments. The beauty store even closer than the Ulta to me carries the full line.

dnectar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKoKoNY
i love NYX...the singles..I use the Jumbo Eyeshadow sticks as a base or worn alone...their Lipgloss is my favorite...great consistency and great color payoff...i also like their doll mascara...and the price is so affordable...i find them in my local Beauty Supply for less then what they sell on the NYX website or some online vendors

Where in NY do you get your NYX products? I 've been looking for them everywhere.

beauty_marked

if your in NYC, def check out Essentials, i know they ahve a few throughout the city and in the malls. they carry wayyyyy more than ulta. more blush and e//s colors and lipgloss, lip liners. etc.

and they are cheaper than ulta too

MzKoKoNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
Which beauty supply in NY store sells NYX?
flower.gif

A bunch of you that have posted like to use the lipglosses, but which ones does everyone use?- there are about 4 different types of pigmented glosses available.

i'm in the bronx on the border of westchester...there is one beauty supply in mt. vernon that i get them from..also harmon sells them...there's 2 on central avenue with the closest one being in yonkers...

SugarDaisy

I haven't tried NYX yet but I have heard so much about it that now I want to try some of the e/s, especially if the colors show up really well

MsButterfli

theres a store in queens center mall i think the name is Amuse, they have a pretty large NYX display. They are a few stores down from Essentials. hth

1QTPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamonster
theyre inconsisent. I have the one with yellow orange and green. the yellow does NOT show up and he orange is so so. The green works great. But hen I have the pallete trio with gold, rusty red and a purplesilver color and thats SOOOO pigmented. so im undecided about them

I took that Tropical (Y,O,G) palette back and bought the singles.

I love NYX. NYX and HiP are my MAC. My BSS' near me have tester squares so I can just rub a little on the back of my hand and it tells me which ones are chalky or not true to the color. A lot of the browns they have are chalky as are a lot of the blues. So for those colors I stick to HiP.

That being said I probably own about 16-20 NYX singles, almost all the pigments and two trios. I also own two lipglosses that I don't care for that much, 6 nail colors that I adore and about 5 jumbo eye pencils that are terrific.

1QTPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird08
Oh boy, I am in the minority here...I picked up a few of them and I wasn't too crazy about them.

What colors/products do you have? The best product they have IMO are the singles. Next the jumbo eye pencils, then the pigments and everything else.

mreichert

I've been pretty happy with the lipglosses and jumbo eye pencils- they go on so smoothly! I ordered a ton of singles, so we'll see if I like those also
smiles.gif

rmcandlelight

I just went on cherry culture website and they have a brand called wild and crazy. Has anyone used those? Are they any different than the other single eyeshadows they have?

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcandlelight
I just went on cherry culture website and they have a brand called wild and crazy. Has anyone used those? Are they any different than the other single eyeshadows they have?

I have several Wild and crazy shadows and they are pretty good. I only paid $1.00 for the ones I have from a local beauty supply store. For $1.00, I have no complaints.

NYX shadows are great, but I just purchased a shadow brush #3 and it sheds like crazy. I have never had a brush to shed like that.

MzKoKoNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcandlelight

i have a few wild and crazy products...eyeshadows and lipglosses and for the price it's great...out of all the shadows, there's one that doesn't have a color payoff....but other than that for $1.49 where I am...can't complain...

GoldenGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKoKoNY
i'm in the bronx on the border of westchester...there is one beauty supply in mt. vernon that i get them from..also harmon sells them...there's 2 on central avenue with the closest one being in yonkers...

Thanks for this! I was about to order online, but I'm in the Bronx and can get to Harmon pretty easily. The one in the Bed Bath and Beyond on Central Ave, right?

Also which store in Mt. Vernon sold them?