What's you take on NYX Cosmetics?

chocolategoddes

I recently got a copper-red lipgloss from NYX. It's very pigmented, smooth, and not sticky at all. It doesn't smell too weird either.

I don't know if this is true for ALL NYX l/g but you should try them out.

BloodMittens

I love the NYX eyeshadows :3 They are all so pretty and I think they blend really well. I think I have about... six of the single eyeshadows and two trios. I've tried the face products or lip products so I can't really say anything about those. I do love the candy liners though and I might get all of them
greengrin.gif
They last a long time and are cheaper than buying the ones from Urban Decay for $18 a pop.

<3

pretebrowneyes

i love the shadow crayons...they are great alone or as bases. i only have 2 of the shadows and they have been great so far....

reesesilverstar

I think they're a good brand. The single shadows are pigmented and blendable.

I've seen lipstick swatches and am liking the round l/s for the creamy texture...

Crayons are awesome, just need a thin layer and a base underneath.

Liners are also a good deal too...

Best part: affordable and wide color&texture range

GoldenGirl

I just bought some today and have no complaints. So far I've used a lip liner and the shadow crayon and am pleased with the results. I can definitely see me buying more. So affordable.

sweetface

I really like the singles, kiwi is a crazy good green that you should check out if you need a bright green. Their matte shades (i got yellow and white) are disappointing, the jumbo eye pencils are good and the pigments are GREAT when you use them wet; go on like paint and don't come off at all. I haven't tried their lip or cheek stuff because I like NARS for the cheeks, so I save on the eyes by buying NYX.

prettysecrets

I can't say enough about the single eyeshadows.

I am in love with them.

and even the ones I wasn't crazy about at first, I apply them over cream eyeshadow and it makes the colors POP!!

96ykhu.jpg

Its a small collection now but with a little TLC, its growing!!

prettysecrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1onqueen
My ulta only carries NYC brand, that isn't the same right?

Nope. NYX makeup is not associated w/ N.Y.C brand.

Asphyxiation

I got all 160 eyeshadows and yes there's some that aren't that great..
I would avoid the ones that start with "hot" - Like Hot green, hot yellow..

However, there's 2 hot pink's, one with glitter and one without..
The one without is great, but the one with glitter suck..

I also own their mascaras, foundation, powder, eyeliner, lipstick, lipgloss, pigments, jumbo penils, glitter liners and so on..
smiles.gif

I love nyx..!!
I don't care too much about their brushes however other than the flat top, angled eyeliner and nr 1 and 3 eyeshadow brushes...

Lauren1981

i'm glad i found this thread because i just recently heard of this brand and wanted to know how new it is and how people feel about it. is it at sephora or do you guys strictly buy online???

hhunt2

Personally, I really like NYX.

Thier e/s's are very creamy, smooth and pigmented. There's a large range of colors and it's extremely affordable.
I have about 12 e/s, 3 jumbo pencils, 1 blush in a bright pink color, 4 (unopened) pearl e/s, 5 pigments and an e/s trio in Copper, Bronze & Rust (the trio is my Mac's Spiced Chocolate quad "fix"... I already had the trio and noticed that 2 of the colors are very similar to the mac quad).

I've heard from Pursebuzz that some NYX e/s's are hard to work with, but out of my collection, everything is super smooth & pigmented.
I've noticed that NYX products are sold at Longs Drugstore, Ulta and privately owned salons (I've seen it at an asain owned spa in Northern California). Luckly, Ulta always have discounts (buy 1 get 1 free) or coupons available. Longs rarely have sales for NYX.

BlaqueBarbie

I love my nyx collection but I have to say I just bought there Orange blush thingy and I've been usuing it as eyeshadow and blush and its rockin!

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1981
who uses the nail polish?? does it chip easily or does it last long?

I've used the polishes on my toenails and have had great luck. I can go at least 3 weeks before I even think about stripping them. My complaint is actually that it's almost too hard to remove.
smiles.gif

smexiebinks

I love NYX, especially the Jumbo Eye Pencils! They are awesome to use as a base or as a normal color on the eyelid.

I love the eyeshadows but lately, one of my trios (the tropical one) hasn't been showing great color payoff when I wear it. So I don't know what happened to it.

Anyhow, great makeup line
smiles.gif

Asphyxia

I bought a NYX lip-gloss at Ulta here in ATX. They didn't have lipsticks, but the selection was pretty good.