What's you take on NYX Cosmetics?

metalkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
How does their matte e/s black shade compare to Carbon?

I don't own carbon and haven't tried it in forever but NYX Black is a great color thats very pigmented and blendable. I've read reviews comparing the two and alot of people who've used both prefer the NYX. HTHS!

MsChrys79

I have some of their shadows and glosses as well as the doll eye mascara.
I LOVE the mascara!!!
yahoo.gif
the shadows are cheap, well pigmented and they do go on very smooth, and they're really easy to work with. My only suggestion is to check your local beauty supply stores where they're usually around $2.99 but they might not have all the colors....if you go to ULTA they're $4.99 usually with b1g1 50% off....to me it's still worth looking around before going to ULTA...

HTH

brownsuga lady

I just ordered some of their round lipsticks. I'll have to see how these work out. I have a couple eyeshadows that I like already.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
How does their matte e/s black shade compare to Carbon?

I had both and I prefer NYX black, it's much smoother IMO. I ended up selling my Carbon to use my NYX only
smiles.gif

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smexiebinks
I love NYX, especially the Jumbo Eye Pencils! They are awesome to use as a base or as a normal color on the eyelid.

I love the eyeshadows but lately, one of my trios (the tropical one) hasn't been showing great color payoff when I wear it. So I don't know what happened to it.

Anyhow, great makeup line
smiles.gif

Do they not crease on you? Do you use anything special w/ them? I have a couple and I can not prevent them from creasing to save my life, lol.

safi

I think that NYX is a pretty good brand especially for the price you pay...

I have a few of the single eyeshadows..the color payoff is pretty good with a base...my only quip about them is the fact that when i dip my brush into the e/s a lot of product comes up and you tend to get quit a bit of fallout with them...but they go on and blend nicely so i think they are definitely good to try if you don't wanna spend a lot of money or if you want to experiment with color.

i've tried one lipgloss by them...don't like it at all...too thick for me

i have two pigments, both of which are very pretty and very pigmented...i just wish they chose better packaging because they kind of come in a tube and its hard to get the product out so i had to buy separate containers...

i own a few of the jumbo eyeshadow penciles...love them! gotta wear a base with them though because they crease easily on me.

lastly i have one nail polish...i like it a lot and it has really lasted a long time.

IMO another great inexpensive brand to try is Jesse's Girl Cosmetics...i think they're mainly sold at Rite Aid...I have a lot of their WONDERFUL pigments....u get 3.5 grams and they run for about 3.99...they have nice colored eyeliners too.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I think NYX products (shadows because that's all I've tried) are decent for the price, but the quality is still not as good as MAC or higher end brands.

Destiny

the colour pay-off on the trio's suck. i have one trio from NYX and wasn't too impressed with the colour pay-off of them.

however, the single eyeshadows are great. they are a really good buy, affordable, and most importantly, the colour pay-off is incredible and it's extremely pigmented.

i wouldn't recommend the trio's to anyone.

some people say that the quality isn't as good as MAC, which I think is completely untrue. they are blendable and of great quality just as MAC. if you wear NYX, i'm sure no one will know that you are not wearing MAC as there isn't a huge difference between the two brands, except for the price . people are just too concerned with name brands and are too materialistic.

Stephy171

well i have the pearl manias which in my opinion are very good if you use a good basee.... UDPP does it for me and im an NC45 the colors are good they are all very shimmery thoughh

Tamzin_Uk

i cant make up my mind on the quality of NYX because its a bit hit and miss. i have some singles and they are really metalic and shimmery , HIGHLY pigmented but then ive got this blue one and when you put it on it looks like chalkyish and you cant even build the colour up!
make sure you go and test some out b4 u buy hun seriously! xx

GlamQueen21

I've heard that NYX is amazing! I only have their Candy Glitter Liners and a Glitter Liner for cherryculture.com and I would love to purchase some eyeshadows because I heard they are so good.

kdd2411

I love NYX cosmetics, its an affordable version of MAC. It does not perform as well, but if your on a budget it is worth a shot.

she

i was at the beauty supply store with my mom over the weekend and bought my first nyx items- two jumbo sticks (black and hot pink) and a dark blue shadow. i had a party to attend and needed to use them with some MAC stuff.

i'd say they're good for the price but not as good in application or pigment as MAC. i def wore them with a base and will likely use them up or give them to my niece in the future. i think its comparable to kleancolor brand- also good for a couple bucks
smiles.gif

Senoj

I love NYX products! I've only tried their liners and jumbo pencils. Their lip liners are comparable to Mac but cost less. I like the jumbo pencils but they do have a tendency to crease. I still plan on purchasing other items from NYX.

sa'raimilan

Absolutely adore NYX. When I began experimenting with make-up 4yrs ago that was the brand I used. I have several single and trio eyeshadows, some jumbo pencils, one lipstick & one pigment. I plan to invest in buying some brushes, blushes and lip liner because I hear they are comparable to MAC and way cheaper.

sss215

i love NYX, have been buying them for years. its a great way to try new colors at a great price point. i also love that i can find this line at stores around any corner in the city.

the only thing is that you can't drop the shadows on a hardwood or tile floor. it will break apart like you won't believe. some of my MAC shadows drop and t takes a minute before they come apart. not these, they are done. be careful!

HeavenF

I love NYX products. They are very good,especially for the price. I stocked up bc I worked at Ulta and got to use my discount. The jumbo e/s pencil in Milk is an excellent base and I'm obsessed with their soft matte lip creams right now. They are amazing!

BlushWhore

Love their products.. I mostly use the eyeshadows, eye pencils, blushes and lipglosses

Never tried any of their foundations.