What's your Biggest MAC Regret?

MAChostage

Hmm, looking at online swatches, that Pedro Lourenco quad looks very UD Naked 3 to me. I'm betting you could easily dupe the colors you don't have.

lilybettie

I regret not getting anything from Dame edna or heatherette as I didn't understand MAC limited edition collections back then or how fast they sold out! Its so hard to find the lipsticks! But I've managed to get my hands on one! Also regret passing on party parrot- why??

MorbidMermaiden

I regret skipping Alluring Aquatic (WTF, I obviously love mermaids), swapping away Moth Brown years ago (*cries*), and not getting anything from Hello Kitty or Fafi. Especially Fafi. She's one of my favorite artists!
th_wallbash.gif
I think I just had a hard time justifying makeup shopping back then, I dunno.

mlijeko

I didn't buy the Supercontinental blush :( And I should have bought some Marilyn Monroe lipsticks as a back ups :((((((

Periodinan

Yeah I know what you mean I missed a lot of the collections to, know trying to search for them and people are charging way over for them
You're right and that's the reason why I don't even search for these old products... I am sad I missed them but I hope MAC will create something similar.
I don't give up bec they make so many collections every year and I am sure there are many many shades that are quite similar to older limited edition ones.
I don't want to and I can't afford spending more than 50 dollars on a lipstick, that's just crazy.
th_crazy2.gif

The next problem is if everyone continues buying those products from evilbayers they will never stop doing this because it is profitable for them.

One the one hand it is sad that we missed all these great collections - on the other hand we do have so many great make up products, let's just be happy about them
greengrin.gif

naayla2012

You're right and that's the reason why I don't even search for these old products... I am sad I missed them but I hope MAC will create something similar. I don't give up bec they make so many collections every year and I am sure there are many many shades that are quite similar to older limited edition ones. I don't want to and I can't afford spending more than 50 dollars on a lipstick, that's just crazy. :loco: The next problem is if everyone continues buying those products from evilbayers they will never stop doing this because it is profitable for them. One the one hand it is sad that we missed all these great collections - on the other hand we do have so many great make up products, let's just be happy about them :D
Exactly one seller was selling dodgy girl for over £70 but it's still available on the mac website, cos these sellers know their limited edition they think they can sell them for way over the normal price, I was after RIRI pleasure bomb asked a seller on eBay if they would consider a buy it now price as it has no bids and the starting price is £9.99 they go £60 inc p&p I said maybe desperate for it but not that desperate that I will pay ridiculous amounts for it

GlamDiaries

Definitely the MAC soft and gentle. I know everyone loves it but for me it is not an everyday highlighter. It's too chunky and glittery. I like the Stila liquid highlighter in kitten way better!

*Admin edit to remove blog link - link must be posted within your signature.

Sweetyellow

I regret missing out on the Alluring Aquatic Collection. Now, that I look back on it, it was such a fantastic collection and to think I skipped it.

Periodinan

Exactly one seller was selling dodgy girl for over £70 but it's still available on the mac website, cos these sellers know their limited edition they think they can sell them for way over the normal price, I was after RIRI pleasure bomb asked a seller on eBay if they would consider a buy it now price as it has no bids and the starting price is £9.99 they go £60 inc p&p I said maybe desperate for it but not that desperate that I will pay ridiculous amounts for it
Yep, that is so crazy! Dodgy Girl is such a popular lipstick and they know they can easily sell it for more than 70 dollars bec there are always people who are so desperate and really want to have that lipstick so that they would pay nearly everything just to own it. That's just the problem. As long as there are desperate people there will be evilbayers.

When the Osbournes collection was released here, I went to the MAC store before it even opened and got myself DG, KYY and Cranberry. I was so glad I got these things bec after my purchase there were only about to DGs left.
I told my friends and parents about that and some of them said: "Why didn't you buy the remaining two lippies? You could sell them on ebay for about 60 dollars or even more!"
It is true what they say you could make some easy money out of the desperation of others but that's not what I'd do. I know what it's like when you're looking for a lipstick everywhere, bec you really like the color and the finish and you think it would suit you perfectly. Then you find it and you're happy - until you see the price.
It is a mean thing to do, for me it is an unwritten rule that you don't buy things that are LE just to resell them on ebay.
If everyone would do that, we would never see LE items for a normal price.

Aeris444

the Riri boy lipstick!

And all the great collections till 2013 when I started to pay attention to the limited editions!

RupaulManiac

Any of the lipsticks from the Year of the Snake collection. I got into Mac about a month after the collection came out so I missed it:(

Latest posts