Where are you from and where are you at???

Corvs Queen

So yeah, I think about this a lot. I am originally from Western North Carolina but I now live in Tirol, Austria. I always wonder about where people originate from and where they have migrated to over the years. I know that I am not the only one. I just thought that this would be a cute little way to get to know each other a bit better. So please, spill the beans.
smiles.gif

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvs Queen
So yeah, I think about this a lot. I am originally from Western North Carolina but I now live in Tirol, Austria. I always wonder about where people originate from and where they have migrated to over the years. I know that I am not the only one. I just thought that this would be a cute little way to get to know each other a bit better. So please, spill the beans.
smiles.gif

So what brought you from North Carolina to Austria? I always thought it would be fun to move to another country... But never brave enough for that nuch of change....
smiles.gif

MrsRjizzle

I was born in Tiny town in Idaho and Moved to Bay Area California. This little Idaho girl was scared to death of course assuming that every city in CA is the same as Los Angeles. But I love it here and now and would never go back! Its the perfect fit for me!

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle
So what brought you from North Carolina to Austria? I always thought it would be fun to move to another country... But never brave enough for that nuch of change....
smiles.gif

A man!
winkiss.gif

Yeah, I fell in love and it made more sense for me to make the move than him. He had/has a job that he loves. I hated mine. We're more financially stable here and there is nothing and I mean NOTHING in little ol Avery County, North Carolina. So yeah.

NutMeg

I grew up in a small town in Alberta, and then moved to Vancouver BC a year and a half ago. Two more years left in my degree, and then I'll probably get my Masters in Montreal. There are some really cool places to live in Canada, I also want to live in the Maritimes for a while.

But I'm a Swiss citizen and I really want to go live in Geneva for a year, near my family.

kittykit

I was born in Malaysia then moved to Australia. After finishing university in 2004, I moved to Helsinki, Finland (uhm yeah, for my then boyfriend). I've been working and living in Prague, Czech Republic since 2006. I thought I was going to spend just a year in this country but am still here after 3 years. I've my man and a good career. I'm pretty much settled down.

cupcake_x

I'm from a surburb in New York called Long Island. I now live in Delaware. It's definitely pretty different, not just the terrain and foliage and stuff, but the people. They dress and act differently here.

I want to move somewhere else, and am moving to a more "city" part of DE in the fall. I'm an East Coast girl through and through, so I wanna stay here somewhere.

-moonflower-

I'm from Galway, a town/small city in the west of Ireland. I've never lived anywhere else, only ever moved twice- once from 10 minutes out the road and the other time from the house next door into the one I live in now (we own both, but now we live in the bigger one and rent out the smaller one).

I'd like to live somewhere else in the future. I've grown up living a 15 minute walk from the centre of town one way and from the sea the other way so where ever I do end up would need to be near the sea and I'd need to live within walking distance of the town. Galway is nice, but it's a little small. Everyone knows everyone else! It's great in the summer, when you can go to the beach or sit in one of the parks in town, but it rains so much.

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvs Queen
A man!
winkiss.gif

Yeah, I fell in love and it made more sense for me to make the move than him. He had/has a job that he loves. I hated mine. We're more financially stable here and there is nothing and I mean NOTHING in little ol Avery County, North Carolina. So yeah.

It always seems to be about a man doesnt it, lol.. I sure wouldnt have moved to California if my husband didnt drag me here. He was born and raised here.. But everything happens for a reason and again.. im grateful I am here!
yahoo.gif

concertina

I was born in East Texas, and spent my pre-teen and teenage years moving around with my Army dad. Germany, Alabama, Kansas, North Carolina...then back to Texas for college. Spent about 8 months in Augusta, Georgia while my husband went through OBC...

...and now I'm back in Texas! A different part than where I've lived before, but still Texas.
smiles.gif
I've been back since '05 and in Austin since summer of '07.

jennifer.

i'm from houston, tx but have never felt i belonged there. it's so big, boring, and hot! i used to feel i was going around in circles there and i was also sick of the stereotypes associated with it. so it's been a lifelong dream of mine to live in california, which is where i'm at now--the bay area and i've been here 3 1/2 years. also, for a guy (but not completely).

i wish i could run away and live near easter island in chile for some strange reason. i love it here too much though and hope i never have to leave.

Shadowy Lady

I was born in Tehran, Iran. I lived there until I was about 10. My parents moved us to Canada pretty much as soon as they could and I've been living in Ottawa, Canada since. I have lived here most of my life now and have a house, good career and a husband
smiles.gif
I do want to live in Europe at some point though (namely either Belgium or Switzerland). But for now I'm settled here.

Corvs Queen

I just loved reading all of your posts. It great the diversity that we have here. Some of us are a long way from home. Keep em coming people. I'm such a snoop!

jenee.sum

first off....

choochoo.gif
Canadians!!!!! hehe

ok my family is Chinese, my ass was made in Guyana, but have been living in Toronto Canada for almost 24 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzz
I was born n raised in canada but my back ground is from fiji island.

ah fijiiiii, my dream wedding and/or honeymoon destination

melozburngr

I am from Mi, I lived from when I was born til age 27(age 0-18 on the northeast side of MI, ages 18-19 in Big Rapids for college, and ages 19-27 in Grand Rapids for college and after that for jobs), now I live in Las Vegas, NV, for nearly a year already!!

I moved for a job :p

chiquilla_loca

Born & raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In 1997, Lived for almost a year in Los Angeles/Marina Del Rey area. Went back home. Then in 2001, moved to Birmingham, Alabama, and i'm still here (except for a year that i moved back in 02-03), even though i'm no longer with the person that brought me here, i got married last year, & moved my husband who is from Milwaukee, down south with me. Whew, cross country moves are exhausting!

NutMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
ok my family is Chinese, my ass was made in Guyana, but have been living in Toronto Canada for almost 24 years.

*snerk* I love it.

Latest posts