White Supremacist plot to assassinate Barack Obama foiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
Those Prussian Blue chicks scare the bejesus out of me. I am quite literally frightened of them.

oh my god, i forgot all about those girls.. ugghhh

SparklingWaves

Based on the amount of hatred being openly expressed toward both parties, I think Pope mobile idea is a good one.

All high profile political figures are constant targets for assassination.

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
to follow Islam based on its principles and be a peaceful person, when the basis of the religion is that 'infidels' be killed. It promotes a violent ideology as well, one that's based in faith instead of faulty science, but a violent ideology nonetheless.

This is not entirely correct, Islam was not based upon a principel that states all infidels should be killed. It was actually originated as Christianity for the arabic people. Muhammad believed he was simply bringing the religion to the Arabs.

The majority of Islamic people are peaceful and have no desire to kill 'infidels'. There are only a few branches that are extreme or radical those are the branches that terrorize and that the media plays on.

For example :

Osama Bin Laden had 54 brothers and sisters, all of which were/ are Islamic when Osoma bombed embassies in Africa ( long b/4 9/11, or even the trade center bombing in 93) his family disowned him and sold his shares of the family business. In a family of such size, not one family member supported his extremist actions after he turned to killing innocents ... If the entire relgion was based upon hatred and killing you would have more than one in a family of that size ...

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
This is not entirely correct, Islam was not based upon a principal that states all infidels should be killed. It was actually originated as Christianity for the arabic people. Muhammad believed he was simply bringing the religion to the Arabs.

The majority of Islamic people are peaceful and have no desire to kill 'infidels'. There are only a few branches that are extreme or radical those are the branches that terrorize and that the media plays on.

For example :

Osama Bin Laden had 54 brothers and sisters, all of which were/ are Islamic when Osoma bombed embassies in Africa ( long b/4 9/11, or even the trade center bombing in 93) his family disowned him and sold his shares of the family business. In a family of such size, not one family member supported his extremist actions after he turned to killing innocents ... If the entire relgion was based upon hatred and killing you would have more than one in a family of that size ...

That's a fair point.

Then again, I don't paint Christianity (or any other religion) with a particularly rosy brush either.

Fundamentalism of any faith is dangerous.

SkylarV217

Quote:

Fundamentalism of any faith is dangerous.

This is VERY true and I completely agree...

MACLovin

Quote:
HELENA-WEST HELENA, Ark. (AP) - The family of an 18-year-old man accused of plotting a national killing spree that would end with the assassination of Barack Obama says he didn't like black people, but the plot wasn't serious.

Kayla Schlesselman (SLESH'-sil-man) said Tuesday at the family's Arkansas home that she talked to her brother Paul and that "he's sorry about everything he's done." He's accused of hatching the plot with another teen in Tennessee.

She says her brother didn't like their tiny community of Helena-West Helna because it was prominently black. She also says he believed he was the master race, and would say things like "white power" and "Heil Hitler."
But the teen's father, Mike, says he doesn't believe his son would have carried out the plot and that it was "just a lot of talk."

source: Sister says Obama plot suspect is sorry

Wow, this kid has some serious issues! He's obviously not all there. "Oh, I don't like black people .. but i wasn't serious about killing them.. so that makes it okay!"
th_rolleye0014.gif
I doubt he's sorry.. what a scumbag.

k.a.t

I'm not shocked or surprised either - as much as i want to be. Doesn't mean that i'm not disgusted though, but i'm just getting so used to hearing about the kind of insane people we have in this day and age, and so frequently. The world is fucked up.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
It sounds like you're asking me if I'm a white supremacist

Quote:
I don't care if someone is racist, whether they don't like whites, blacks, asians, eggplants, jews, grover, islam, whatever.

Quite a lineup you've named here. Perhaps a person who makes such a list (in whatever context) might be trivializing certain groups of Human Beings?
(no matter in what context you have mentioned them)

Oh...you didn't mention Christians in your list.

How cold is a person who intertwines vegetables and children's puppets
amongst a list of groups of people?

Anger and hate = Poison.

CherylFaith

Trunkmonkey

*eyes cluebyfour

Ummm I think you're missing the point.

Let go of the tree for a second and think about what you just posted. As and aside 'eggplant' has been used in the past as a racial epitaph for black people or persons of color or whatever is politically correct today.

*mutters

sillytreehuggunghandholdingwearetheworldmambypambi esmakingmegetoutofmytrunkinthemiddleofabananadaqur i

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey
*eyes cluebyfour

Ummm I think you're missing the point.

Let go of the tree for a second and think about what you just posted. As and aside 'eggplant' has been used in the past as a racial epitaph for black people or persons of color or whatever is politically correct today.

*mutters

sillytreehuggunghandholdingwearetheworldmambypambi esmakingmegetoutofmytrunkinthemiddleofabananadaqur i

Really?? I guess I learn something new everyday...I have heard and been called a lot of things in my lifetime...But never an *eggplant*...Thats a new one for me
th_LMAO.gif
Even asked my 65 y/o father he was surprised to hear that reference as well...

missworld

Quote:
*Most* of the time the neo-Nazi ideal is one that isn't acted on, anymore. I lived in a city where there was a KKK rally. Spookiest fucking shit I ever saw, but peaceful as a rally could get.

You are the big expert of neo-Nazism then???

KKK peaceful? Like fuck are they!!!

Just when I thought your views could not get any more repugnant.

missworld

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by missworld
You are the big expert of neo-Nazism then???

KKK peaceful? Like fuck are they!!!

Just when I thought your views could not get any more repugnant.

missworld

I think you need a reading comprehension class. And maybe to stop assigning statements to people that they aren't making.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
I think you need a reading comprehension class. And maybe to stop assigning statements to people that they aren't making.

My finger slipped just now & I nearly thanked you on your personal
attack on missworld. OMG!!!

(This sounds like junior high school. Yup, I am part of it.)

Quote:
And maybe to stop assigning statements to people that they aren't making.

If you think missworld needs a "reading comprehension class," perhaps a class in the construction of a sentence wouldn't go amiss for you. If you would like to be a more effective writer (*if*),
please note:

Your above phrase is a sentence *fragment*. You have written a subject, but you have *not* written a verb.

Yes, I do know how low it is to correct someone's writing.
Many "low" words have been written in these threads, unfortunately.

I cannot believe a person has casually mentioned the Klan, and you support this person. I do not understand. I guess I simply do not understand the world ?

I am sick and tired of the fighting & negativity, although I have contributed. (I am a highly imperfect Human Being.)

I am sick and tired of people ...hmmm..."being all nice" to those people on here who choose to abuse their positions of "power" with scathingly rude, inhumane comments and insinuations.

CF

missworld

Quote:

No, Maybe you need to read some history books! Then you might see how talking about hatemongers like the KKK in any positive way is wrong.

As for inferring NeoNazism is mostly not acted on, How does she know that?
Bullsh*t that is what I call it!!
angry.gif

The Skinhead International: United States

Skinhead, 19, Is Convicted In a Hitler's Birthday Killing - New York Times

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/BNP_international_friends

BBC News | EUROPE | Neo-Nazis on the rise in Germany

Rise in Neo-Nazi Violence : Far-Right Attacks Reached New Record in Germany in 2007 - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Union of Councils for Soviet Jews: Russian Skinheads Mark Hitler's Birthday

Isn't there enought HATE out there without adding more ignorance to the mix?

missworld

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
As sad as it makes me, I'm not the least bit surprised; and this is part of the reason why I am still undecided on whether I will vote or not.

I can't stop feeling like I'm helping send a sheep to slaughter.

I also can't help but laugh at the stupidity of "The Aryan Nation". They don't know what's in store for them if they should succeed.

This is what the terrorists want!
They want to put so much fear in you that you can't perform your God given right!!
Don't let them win!!!

Shimmer

Quote:

If she did that, she'd have to admit that I was referencing the rally, not their views.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa
My finger slipped just now & I nearly thanked you on your personal
attack on missworld. OMG!!!

(This sounds like junior high school. Yup, I am part of it.)

If you think missworld needs a "reading comprehension class," perhaps a class in the construction of a sentence wouldn't go amiss for you. If you would like to be a more effective writer (*if*),
please note:

Your above phrase is a sentence *fragment*. You have written a subject, but you have *not* written a verb.

Stop is a verb.
Quote:
Yes, I do know how low it is to correct someone's writing.
Many "low" words have been written in these threads, unfortunately.

I cannot believe a person has casually mentioned the Klan, and you support this person. I do not understand. I guess I simply do not understand the world ?

I am sick and tired of the fighting & negativity, although I have contributed. (I am a highly imperfect Human Being.)

I am sick and tired of people ...hmmm..."being all nice" to those people on here who choose to abuse their positions of "power" with scathingly rude, inhumane comments and insinuations.

CF

There have yet to be any persons 'abusing power'. No one has abused power, attacked you or anyone else.
The Klan were not 'casually mentioned', though I'm sure you delight in stating that it was.
No one has made inhumane comments, and no one has insinuated anything that they haven't said directly.

If you feel otherwise, as always, you can use the contact us link, or you can simply not click on the thread. It's that simple. You're choosing to take part in something you're stating you deplore.
If you don't want to read it, don't want to discuss it, don't click the thread. I'm not making you and no one else either.

*Stargazer*

Oh, I get it. Shimmer should lie and tell people that the KKK rally she saw was wildly violent simply because they are a nasty organization.

God forbid, someone actually comment truthfully on something they saw once.

If someone cannot understand that saying that she saw a KKK rally and it was peaceful does not equate claiming that the KKK is a peaceful organization, then they aren't comprehending what they are reading properly. Possibly on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts