White Supremacist plot to assassinate Barack Obama foiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMBG83

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa
My finger slipped just now & I nearly thanked you on your personal
attack on missworld. OMG!!!

(This sounds like junior high school. Yup, I am part of it.)

If you think missworld needs a "reading comprehension class," perhaps a class in the construction of a sentence wouldn't go amiss for you. If you would like to be a more effective writer (*if*),
please note:

Your above phrase is a sentence *fragment*. You have written a subject, but you have *not* written a verb.

Yes, I do know how low it is to correct someone's writing.
Many "low" words have been written in these threads, unfortunately.

I cannot believe a person has casually mentioned the Klan, and you support this person. I do not understand. I guess I simply do not understand the world ?

I am sick and tired of the fighting & negativity, although I have contributed. (I am a highly imperfect Human Being.)

I am sick and tired of people ...hmmm..."being all nice" to those people on here who choose to abuse their positions of "power" with scathingly rude, inhumane comments and insinuations.

CF

Deepful insight. Agreed.

PMBG83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Really?? I guess I learn something new everyday...I have heard and been called a lot of things in my lifetime...But never an *eggplant*...Thats a new one for me
th_LMAO.gif
Even asked my 65 y/o father he was surprised to hear that reference as well...

Yeah eggplant and spook. An old movie by the title of the latter(the spook that sat by the door I believe), I had never heard that one before though.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Stop is a verb.

Yes, Shimmer, "to stop" is most certainly a verb. However, *Stargazer* did not use "to stop" (or "stop") as a verb (the action part) in her fragment. At times, people don't write complete sentences, yet their writing can be more effective for it.
In this case, ....oh, i don't have time to give you a lesson on syntax & grammar.

No, Shimmer, I must tear myself away from this negativity as soon as possible. I would rather celebrate than sit here trying to prove how negative and abusive you have been to people.

I just watched a truly great man on TV, addressing our Nation (yup, mine, too). He moved me to tears.
I felt honored to be able to witness Greatness, the likes of which I have never seen in my Lifetime, and certainly not in a politician.

Quote:
There have yet to be any persons 'abusing power'. No one has abused power, attacked you or anyone else.
The Klan were not 'casually mentioned', though I'm sure you delight in stating that it was.
No one has made inhumane comments, and no one has insinuated anything that they haven't said directly.

uh-huh

Quote:
If you feel otherwise, as always, you can use the contact us link,
or you can simply not click on the thread.

We both know what may come of using the "contact us" link.
So no, I can take care of myself.

Quote:
It's that simple. You're choosing to take part in something you're stating you deplore.

I choose to fight ignorance and hatred, both of which I deplore.

Quote:
If you don't want to read it, don't want to discuss it, don't click the thread.

I want to see this world Change; I would feel irresponsible if I didn't "click the thread." I will "click on [any] "thread" I can, whether it be on the Internet, or hmmm....
outside of Cyberspace." I do not think I am great...In fact, I think I am far from a "great" person, but I want to help make this world a more positive place for all of us.

CherylFaith

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
I think you need a reading comprehension class. And maybe to stop assigning statements to people that they aren't making.

Quote:
Yes, Shimmer, "to stop" is most certainly a verb. However, *Stargazer* did not use "to stop" (or "stop") as a verb (the action part) in her fragment. At times, people don't write complete sentences, yet their writing can be more effective for it.
In this case, ....oh, i don't have time to give you a lesson on syntax & grammar.

Perhaps you should check your spectacles, as they may be playing games with your reading skills. It's a shame you don't have time to enlighten us simple folk with an English lesson. 'Tis just as well since we probably don't have enough brain power to understand what you'd be telling us...ya know, since we use fragments instead of full sentences.
th_rolleye0014.gif
I'm sure there's a comma missing in there somewhere.

Shimmer

Quote:

No, Shimmer, I must tear myself away from this negativity as soon as possible. I would rather celebrate than sit here trying to prove how negative and abusive you have been to people.

I just watched a truly great man on TV, addressing our Nation (yup, mine, too). He moved me to tears.
I felt honored to be able to witness Greatness, the likes of which I have never seen in my Lifetime, and certainly not in a politician.

uh-huh

We both know what may come of using the "contact us" link.
So no, I can take care of myself.

I choose to fight ignorance and hatred, both of which I deplore.

I want to see this world Change; I would feel irresponsible if I didn't "click the thread." I will "click on [any] "thread" I can, whether it be on the Internet, or hmmm....
outside of Cyberspace." I do not think I am great...In fact, I think I am far from a "great" person, but I want to help make this world a more positive place for all of us.

CherylFaith

If you're willingly entering the thread, knowing the vein of the topic, then really you can't complain about the content.

Janice

I've closed another thread due to the same people getting into the same back and forth arguments that go nowhere. Really now, aren't we better than this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts