WOC: Dame Edna

GlamQueen21

This collection has been haunting me for two days and I convinced myself to get both trios and I'm going to get the lipstick, lipglass and the beauty powder whenever they do the free shipping offer.

dominichulinda

well someone said the palette that has climate blue in it the middle looks like "Creme de violet" and climate blue = Jeweltone..and the highlight color is a pale baby pink maybe like "baby petal".

lucki247

I went ahead and purchased the 2 trios and spectacle high-light from the website on tuesday. I am kind of regretting getting the powder before getting the lipglasses, but I think I may still purchased all three lippies. I don't like the l/s, I think they are too bright for me.

GlamQueen21

^So am I. I regret getting the trios before the lipstick and the lipglass. Usually I purchase the lip products before the eyeshadows.

LaBruja760

I just ordered everything. Im a big collector but always make myself promise I will use it at least once

LaBruja760

I just ordered everything. Im a big collector but always make myself promise I will use it at least once

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
I walked passed the collection Oops! ..I guess I'm not interested lol.

did u try anything in the process of walking by?
smiles.gif
cuz i was wondering about the pay off of the e/s. the look kinda weak in the swatches...
ssad.gif

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
did u try anything in the process of walking by?
smiles.gif
cuz i was wondering about the pay off of the e/s. the look kinda weak in the swatches...
ssad.gif

lmao no I didn't
ssad.gif
..I went over to the smashbox, bobbi brown and shu uemura counter!!! ..I don't know I love mac, but I'm branching out...def. will check out the HAIR LINE..I'm not feeling the hk line either :/

blazeno.8

Man, I was right about Coral Polyp. It is AMAZING! This is a wonderful coral color that works well with many different glosses.

Indigowaters

Ok, so I bought Coral Polyp and Kanga-Rouge. Kanga-Rouge
heart.gif
love.gif
...Coral Polyp...ok. So...I'm gonna have to tone that one down with some lipgloss and a darker liner to make it work. It screams out from my face. But Kanga-Rouge is the sexiest red I've ever seen and the first I would be comfortable wearing alone. I may even go back and get another one.
greengrin.gif

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Ok, so I bought Coral Polyp and Kanga-Rouge. Kanga-Rouge
heart.gif
love.gif
...Coral Polyp...ok. So...I'm gonna have to tone that one down with some lipgloss and a darker liner to make it work. It screams out from my face. But Kanga-Rouge is the sexiest red I've ever seen and the first I would be comfortable wearing alone. I may even go back and get another one.
greengrin.gif

Damn you :/

I ordered Kanga last night and it probably won't be here until Monday. I knew from the swatches that Kanga would be an amazing red. I'm so excited. Your comment has me jumping the gun; I may just go into the store and get one so I'll have a back up.

Ladies:
If you could post some LOTDs with your Dame Edna lippies, that would be amazing!

ssudiva

i wanted to get something from this collection, really i did. did some swatches of the royal tour trio while i was out and about. climate blue looked like deep truth on me and dame's desire looks like mancatcher. after those two disappointments, i didn't bother to swatch royal tour.

kanga rouge is REALLY pretty in person, a very nice blue-red, but i have red liner that's the exact same color. though i had a GC, just couldn't justify the purchases. i think i mentioned nothing else spoke to me.
thmbdn.gif

oh well, more funds for BBR.
sigh.gif

MACaholic76

I'm so glad to have read this thread. I've been on MUA reading all the negative comments about the collection and about the person MAC chose to make a collection for. It's really sad. I'm happy to hear more WoC found the shades workable. I loooove the Royal Tour trio and Hot Frost l/s. Actually, wearing the trio and the l/g reminds me of something Rihanna would wear.
I didnt like the powders and find that those rarely work well on darker skintones.
I was actually really really excited for this collection and love it!

bobbiedoll03

I tried Gladiola Lipstick yesterday and I think it is so beautiful. I was a little poor but hopefully will be going back to get it very soon. When I put it on alone, I thought it was too much but with the right lipglass it looked beautiful.