WOC: MAC StyleSeeker

CartoonChic

Where did you place your order?

Did you go to an event?
The collection is online now. http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/9384/New-Collections/Styleseeker/index.tmpl

I went to an event last night and got a few things, but ordered the rest of what I wanted online. I wanted to make sure that Eclectic Edge and Ready to Roam weren't too similar to other orange and red lipglasses that I have. I was also undecided about getting a mattene. I finally gave in and got Camden Chic.

I do like mattes. Is a mattene more like a satin since it has some sheen?

pinkcrush

Pinkcrush, What liner do you use with So Chaud? I have that one but sadly because of my pink obsession my oranges haven't been getting much use.
I use Prestige l/l in Poppy with So Chaud... I have no problem using drugstore items if they r of good quality :)

pinkcrush

I didn't get Fashion Nomad because I have all of those orange shades except Morange (I thought Neon Orange suited me better). I kinda felt like it's a color I already have. I felt the same way with Eden Rouge.
Would u agree that Eden Rouge brings to mind MAC Red??? I got that feeling swatching the other night...

pinkcrush

Thanks for replying! The more responses the better! I also have Auburn l/p but it doesn't get much love either! My poor, poor oranges! Didn't get much love this summer!  I may put one on tomorrow just because.
U can bring them right n2 fall with the right coordinatimg makeup... Example: So Chaud will look lovely n fall-like paired with a soft wash of olive shadow and brown e/l

pinkcrush

I don't have MAC Red. The first thing that came to mind for me was Red Racer and Ruffian Red. Basically bright red shades.
Well the MAC associate swatched it alongside Ruby Woo n besides the ovious difference in the finish they seemed 2 have similar tone... Its intensity and finish brought 2 mind MAC Red which I own already...

CartoonChic

I don't have Ruby Woo either. I know it's considered a must have, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Too many LE products. Aren't those darker reds? In my mind, Eden Rouge is a brighter red color. Here are what the swatches look like on me. http://www.specktra.net/t/180081/mac-style-seeker/780#post_2261317 I don't want to get tempted to get Eden Rouge and Fashion Nomad.

pinkcrush

I don't have Ruby Woo either. I know it's considered a must have, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Too many LE products. Aren't those darker reds? In my mind, Eden Rouge is a brighter red color. Here are what the swatches look like on me. http://www.specktra.net/t/180081/mac-style-seeker/780#post_2261317 I don't want to get tempted to get Eden Rouge and Fashion Nomad.
Yes darling Ruby Woo and MAC Red r blue based or cool reds which depending on a persons skintone can read darker or not so bright as compared to lets say Russian Red which isnt blue based and may appear brighter and warmer... I think if ur n2 the matenes Eden Rouge which is also blue based would be an excellent choice 4u girl, but naturally the choice is urs lol :)

pinkcrush

CartoonChic

Cartoonchic I think Eden Rouge looks phenominal on u even if just a swatch
smiles.gif
Lol, you're not helping me. I don't want to be enabled. Must... resist.

bobbiedoll03

I see the brown girls r up on Hidden Treasure lol... Thats all Im really feeling honestly... I have MAC Red and Ruby Woo already so purchasing Eden Rouge would be a waste 4 me... Idk, wut do u ladies think???
Eden Rouge is necessary! I had both MAC Red and Ruby Woo and I never wore them..but Eden Rouge is always in my rotation when I want a red. It is just so gorgeous to me and the finish is beautiful.

Copperhead

Eden Rouge is necessary! I had both MAC Red and Ruby Woo and I never wore them..but Eden Rouge is always in my rotation when I want a red. It is just so gorgeous to me and the finish is beautiful.
Eden Rouge is lovely on you. I remember you posted your pic in the WOC Posh Paradise thread.

DILLIGAF

I had Eden Rouge and Fashion Nomad on hold at Pro but the weather is stopping me from going out there today.

CartoonChic

I just saw her picture and WOW I need to pick that color up. Just gorgeous.
Ugh, I've been enabled. You look stunning bobbiedoll. I'm at least going to wait until Camden Chic arrives so I can make sure I like the mattene formula. I only swatched it on my hand, not my lips. But wait, the 2nd day shipping code expires Friday. Oh dear.