WORSHIP THE BALLS- A thread for Guerlain meteorites and the women who love them

DLuxJessica

I have a feeling I'm going to regret opening this Pandora's box, but hypothetically speaking, if one perhaps, didn't own any Météorites as of yet, but was interested in dipping her toes into the Guerlain ball pit a bit, would the Rainbow balls be a good a starting point? Or is going with a non-LE variety a better choice?

Vineetha

I have a feeling I'm going to regret opening this Pandora's box, but hypothetically speaking, if one perhaps, didn't own any Météorites as of yet, but was interested in dipping her toes into the Guerlain ball pit a bit, would the Rainbow balls be a good a starting point? Or is going with a non-LE variety a better choice? 
I would say yes!! I like the rainbow ones a lot more than the perm ones!! These are a touch more delicate/ powdery than regular ones but I love the effect A LOT!!!

starletta8

That's sounds exciting Starletta---------which older Météorites did you order?

The 01 Blanc de Perles (not the Angel ones) and the Perles du Paradise. Yes, shockingly, I hadn't picked those up yet.

Next up on my list is tracking down the OG Teint Dore and Aquarellas.

ETA: Once those arrive, that makes a total of 14 in my Meteorites family (00 Blanc de Perle, 01 Blanc de Perle, Medium, Dore, Teint Rose, Teint Beige, Beige Chic, Perles de Nuit, Perles de Dragon, Crazy Meteorites, Perles de Etoille, Pucci (2012), Perles Du Paradise, Rainbow Meteorites).

I plan to get Clair at the end of the year from Sephora, and consider the Imperial Meteorites a pipe dream due to the current selling price. So Aquarella and Teint Dore are the next 2 logical purchases. I'm still on the fence about the LE "Light in the Air" tin since I know it's just Teint Rose. But the tin's so pretty.

Psych1

I have a feeling I'm going to regret opening this Pandora's box, but hypothetically speaking, if one perhaps, didn't own any Météorites as of yet, but was interested in dipping her toes into the Guerlain ball pit a bit, would the Rainbow balls be a good a starting point? Or is going with a non-LE variety a better choice? 
I say yes! I have the original perles from the permanent line and I have recently purchased Rainbow Perles, Blanc De Perles and Perles Du Paradis and the Rainbow Perles are my favorite. I use it as a setting powder and it adds a beautiful warmth and glow to my whole face, I've received several compliments just in the past week while wearing it.

Medgal07

I have a feeling I'm going to regret opening this Pandora's box, but hypothetically speaking, if one perhaps, didn't own any Météorites as of yet, but was interested in dipping her toes into the Guerlain ball pit a bit, would the Rainbow balls be a good a starting point? Or is going with a non-LE variety a better choice?
I have to agree w/Vee. The RMs are limited edition but really very nice. the regular/permanent Météorites will
be there!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Vineetha

I would say yes!! I like the rainbow ones a lot more than the perm ones!! These are a touch more delicate/ powdery than regular ones but I love the effect A LOT!!!
th_worship.gif
You wise makeup woman!!!!

Monsy

I think for beginning everyone should start with permanent ones. And then later if you like them you can always get the LE...

Anitacska

I think people should just get the ones they fancy. I caught the Guerlain and Meteorites bug when their 2010 (?) holiday collection came out, everything was just so pretty. Then I had a proper look into the brand and well, the rest is history. :)

Medgal07

I think for beginning everyone should start with permanent ones. And then later if you like them you can always get the LE...
I think I started with permanent ones but it was all about the timing. A holiday set would have been my first otherwise.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anitacska

I think people should just get the ones they fancy. I caught the Guerlain and Meteorites bug when their 2010 (?) holiday collection came out, everything was just so pretty. Then I had a proper look into the brand and well, the rest is history.
smiles.gif
girlhaha.gif
......and Meddy fancies them all!!!
th_DANCE.gif

DLuxJessica

Welllllllll apparently I shouldn't have slept on it, because it looks like the Rainbow balls are now sold out. I might just wait and see what they bring out for the holidays. I have some other finishing powders I should probably try to use up before I get anything new anyway. Sigh.
th_rolleye0014.gif

KiKi Kontour

Welllllllll apparently I shouldn't have slept on it, because it looks like the Rainbow balls are now sold out. I might just wait and see what they bring out for the holidays. I have some other finishing powders I should probably try to use up before I get anything new anyway. Sigh.
th_rolleye0014.gif
use the chat and see if they can track em down to any store that shows em avail so u can order from there! that's how i was able to get my TF palette

JerseyGirl

th_rolleye0014.gif
Yes! Don't give up too easily. They are WORTH the effort.
heart2.gif

DLuxJessica

Yes! Don't give up too easily. They are WORTH the effort.
heart2.gif
I love you girls so hard.
heart.gif
The Nordy's in Anchorage, Alaska is sending them to me (all the way to Florida... I have well-traveled makeup). (And they have two or three left if anyone else is still on the hunt.)

Medgal07

th_rolleye0014.gif
Oh no!!! I know they were Nordies exclusive but perhaps they'll surface elsewhere. We've seen that happen w/other items.

DLuxJessica

That's so awesome!!!!!
cheerleader.gif
Not gonna lie, I had started to talk myself out of them, and was all "I'll just call them and ask if they think they would do okay shipping all the way to Florida..." and then the next thing I knew I was giving the Guerlain girl my CC number and address to ship them out. Still not entirely sure how that happened.
hmm.gif
angelic.gif

J/K, it happened because I heard all y'all in my head telling me to GO FOR IT!
girlhaha.gif