You did what ......with WHAT?!?!?

calbear

This is for all of you in the industry who have had a customer that has done something so 'interesting' with a product that you had to call someone over to hear the story. These customers aren't mean or bad - they just did something that caused you to truly pause.

I'm working the other day and a woman comes up to me and tells me that her fake lash is lifting and that the girl didn't put on enough glue. So I'm talking to her for a second and realize that these lashes have been on for quite some time (like three days). She tells me that not only is the corner lifting but they are smushed on one side.

I explain that these lashes are meant for one night usage and not to be slept in. I also ask how is she washing her face if these lashes are staying put - and she's not. She's still wearing the same eye makeup from three days ago (getting a bit nauseous sp?). I explain how to re-glue the lash since it was absolutely necessary and that I could not curl them cause they aren't really meant to withstand all that.

what are your favorites?

Tubachick02

I had a bride that wanted "smokey eyes" so that is what I did. She also asked to have her eyebrows filled in as she could never get them right, which I though, no prob, i asked what she usually had a problem with hoping to solve that while I was there. I showed her exactly how to do it using a light brown shadow as I don't have a brow kit in my case. She said that was what she was doing so I asked what she was using for tools, she had the MOA hand her her purse and wips out a Bic pen and said that was what she had been told to use in HS

Bernadette

eeksign.gif
jawdrop.gif
WTF2.gif
:holysheep:
thud.gif
ohboy.gif
I believe I have summed up my thoughts. Sweet lord what is wrong with these people!??!!??!

Tubachick02

I thought she was kidding till she demo-ed it for me on a chunk fo paper, i have her the e/s and a paint brush so she would use that instead

flowerhead

That is absoloutely repulsive. If I hadn't washed my face for three days I would feel wretched. What a freak..

*Luna*

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
OMG GROSS!! And really freaking funny LOL!
winks.gif

Word. I was thinking to myself, I wonder how I would handle that... how do you not giggle... Is it because you are in shock of what you just heard? I wouldn't know what to think other than telling them please don't ever do that again. LOL I can't believe people sometimes.

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRaine
the question is how'd her eye make up last that long? 3 days wow...thats some holding power. lol

that was the key. the makeup that was on her eyes was almost gone yet there was remnants of it around the lash area. She hadn't washed the makeup off it just kinda rubbed off. Eyeliner, bits of eyeshadow, the glue (of course), the bent/smushed lashes - it was all there.

ms.marymac

calbear, I've had that happen at my counter. They have also asked me to put on their DS lashes that they've worn into the ground (ie: spider legs).

I worked at a shop that sold various brands of cosmetics, including foundations that you use for color correction. A girl walked in with a (very) visable line around her chin because she had on lavender...that's right-LAVENDER foundation all over her face. To each his own, I guess!
hmm.gif

Dizzy

Oh my gosh...:holysheep:

You know, people like her are going to be the reason warning labels will end up on makeup.
lol.gif

circusflavouredgum

Calbear, lots of MAC customers seemed to do that. When I was at the counter, I had quite a few clients who said they would sleep in their lashes and wear them out the next night. Nasty.

The weirdest thing for me was a woman insisting that she used MAC Bare Canvas paint as concealer all underneath her eyes :confused: I asked her if it didn't dry or get cakey and she said no. She whipped out the tube and applied a thick glob to "show me" how amazing it looked.

It looked awful!! Not only was the texture off but the colour was wayyy too light and ashy looking. I tried to show her some concealers and fast response eye creme but she wouldn't have it.

Made her look like she had special effects makeup on for aging. All shriveled and crepey looking underneath her eye but she insisted and I just sold it to her but....why?

lara

My record so far has been five people in one day cheerfully announcing that lipliner makes the best eyeliner. Red lipliner, mind.

Kiseki

Red lipliner on their waterline surely would give them a very "healthy" look... dear gods, are these people for real?

*Dani*

I knew a girl who used hair mascara on her eyelashes. I was like "I really don't think you should be doing that!" but she didn't listen. It did say on the tube not to get it near your eyes, but as far as I know she didn't go blind or anything. Hope not anyway!

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRaine
the question is how'd her eye make up last that long? 3 days wow...thats some holding power. lol

yah, what primer did she use??LOL

User49

lmao.gif
I had a customer come in and complain about a pencil concealer that we sell. She said she was very unhappy with the service and that no one had told her when she bought it that it needed to be sharpened! So she took it home and used it down to the stub and then tried to get to more of the product by using a kitchen knife! She then said the product was dangerous and the wood in the pencil had become sharp and hurt her face (duh) So we explained how to sharpen it and she said 'I'm not an idiot, I know how to sharpen a pencil"...??? Yeah... okay.

Seriously! They drive you crazy! That is disgusting though. Yuck, not washing your face for 3 days... that's something else!
th_crazy2.gif

Latest posts