Nars Spring 2011

shontay07108

I bought Nouveau Monde when I went to Sephora today. It looked to pretty in the pan to just pass it up. I am wearing it now. I have to say that I'm not really impressed. It's OK, but it's missing that WOW factor that I look for. It's a bit too subtle for my skin, I believe. I will keep it though, play with it and pair it with other things.

ReiRei

I am lemming hollywood
eyelove.gif
Can anyone tell me how long do they last on your eyes with primer underneath? At the moment I am only using Mac Shadesticks, how does the NARS one compare to shadesticks? I had Nars eye glitter pencils before which were terrible, so that kind of put me off buying Nars shadows in the form of pencils...

katred

Specktra Bestie
I only have one, but I find that the application is easier than the Mac shadesticks. They are very soft and, from what I understand, they can fade/ crease fairly quickly. I used a base (Mac Paint pot) and I dabbed a shadow over to set the colour and I didn't have a problem, but if you're planning on using them alone, I would count on a shorter wear time. I do find them very comfortable to wear, as opposed to other shade sticks, which tend to feel heavy on my lids.

I am lemming hollywood
eyelove.gif
Can anyone tell me how long do they last on your eyes with primer underneath? At the moment I am only using Mac Shadesticks, how does the NARS one compare to shadesticks? I had Nars eye glitter pencils before which were terrible, so that kind of put me off buying Nars shadows in the form of pencils...

Monsy

i got Noveau monde today and i was very suprised when i saw it in sephora - pics dont do justice to these colors especialy lighter one -cool lavender silver grey - just beautiful!!!

ReiRei

Thanks for your information Katred! I also find shadestick looks very heavy and blotchy on my lids. The Nars ones definitely sound better, I think I will just buy one for now to see. (it's harmless to the wallet right?!). I hope it doesn't crease as much as the Nars cream e/s.

Ejka

I am lemming hollywood
eyelove.gif

I have 2 NARS's soft touch shadow pencils and while I love both colours (and I still really want to love them), they are - for me at least- a pain to use. They are so creamy that I find it quite difficult to get an even application - especially if I want to make it opaque. The second problem is the durability & creasing - regardless if i use them in conjunction with a primer and/or set them with an e/s, they just won't last on my lids (which are a bit oily and hooded). I once made a mistake of blending the eye shadows that were on top of a soft touch pencil and the entire thing moved together with my brush strokes! I have one glitter pencil and its wear and pigmentation is better (but still bad) compared to the soft touch pencils. Even NARS's cream shadows last longer. I find shadesticks drier (which makes them better bases), but I dislike the fact that they set extremely fast, that they tug my eyelids and that (as with soft touch shadow pencils but for just the opposite reason) the application is not even. As a result, I much prefer greasepaint sticks, paints, paint pots, MUFE's aqua creams and even fluidlines and other long-wearing liners as bases. My suggestion would be (unless you have dry lids and usually don't experience any creasing) to try Hollywoodland before purchasing. I think both new pencils look really nice (I'd purchase Hollywoodland in a heartbeat had my experience not been so discouraging), but Soft touch shadow pencils and the Enchanted cream blush are my only NARS regrets.

ReiRei

Thanks for the heads up Ejka. I'll keep your advice in mind as I also have oily lids. The nars cream e/s only lasts 2 mins on me before it starts creasing..so far I haven't yet come across a product which has even less staying power than the Nars cream e/s. Haha it would be interesting to find out.
As much as I love Nars, I seriously think Nars should re-formulate their cream eyeshadows/pencils to make them less oily.

I have 2 NARS's soft touch shadow pencils and while I love both colours (and I still really want to love them), they are - for me at least- a pain to use. They are so creamy that I find it quite difficult to get an even application - especially if I want to make it opaque. The second problem is the durability & creasing - regardless if i use them in conjunction with a primer and/or set them with an e/s, they just won't last on my lids (which are a bit oily and hooded). I once made a mistake of blending the eye shadows that were on top of a soft touch pencil and the entire thing moved together with my brush strokes! I have one glitter pencil and its wear and pigmentation is better (but still bad) compared to the soft touch pencils. Even NARS's cream shadows last longer. I find shadesticks drier (which makes them better bases), but I dislike the fact that they set extremely fast, that they tug my eyelids and that (as with soft touch shadow pencils but for just the opposite reason) the application is not even. As a result, I much prefer greasepaint sticks, paints, paint pots, MUFE's aqua creams and even fluidlines and other long-wearing liners as bases. My suggestion would be (unless you have dry lids and usually don't experience any creasing) to try Hollywoodland before purchasing. I think both new pencils look really nice (I'd purchase Hollywoodland in a heartbeat had my experience not been so discouraging), but Soft touch shadow pencils and the Enchanted cream blush are my only NARS regrets.

ButterflyDior77

Lip Swatches I found of all the Velvet Gloss Pencils: Hopi, Happy Days, and New Lover: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/02/nars-velvet-gloss-lip-swatches-part-2.html Frivolous and Baroque: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/02/nars-velvet-gloss-lip-swatches-part-1.html Club Mix: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/02/nars-velvet-gloss-lip-swatches-part-3.html

Monsy

http://www.lipglossiping.com/2011/02/nars-copacabana-illuminator/

new illuminators are up on nars' website. i really want to try copacabana
i couldnt find swatches of laguna anywhere

Ejka

iagree.gif
NARS's cream products leave a lot to be desired. Especially cream products that are intended for the eyes (I love multiple tints and the cactus flower cream blush, the regular multiples and lip pencils are nice as well). I actually find it quite frustrating because most colours are really lovely and unique (I adore mousson e/s & palladium stsp) and I desperately keep trying to find a way to make them work - to little or no avail. The one thing that creases more and is (on me at least) completely unusable is MAC's Birchbark ccb (which is the only ccb I have for the lids).

Monsy

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/its-time-to-shine-a-light-on-the-new-nars-illuminators/

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have my NARS makeover this Friday and I'm seriously coveting the Nouveau Monde e/s duo... Along with other things. I'll be curious to see what they choose for me. I've already had my eye on Afghan Red for a while...

WhatWouldJoanDo

My bad, I meant Jungle Red (good catch ... red lizard is such a fun name though lol) :)

It's a stunning red; looks wet and glossy but just the right amount. the red is a perfect balance of confident, fun, and good taste lol :)

... I'm wearing purple rain right now and the colour is a luxurious deep purple. wears really well and my comparison guide is against many OPI polishes (which are good too, but I find the NARS colours a better edit .....)

... I got the Precious mini nail set ... great colours - OPI does better brushes in their minis though ... I find the square handle difficult to turn in one hand (takes some getting use to) and because it's more awkward it's more evident that the brush is on the small side and has two short sides (not good for painting), and two good sides (brush is rectangular in cross section). If that makes any sense...

red lizard polish??

WhatWouldJoanDo

my guess is bateau ivre ... with your blue eyes I think it would be rockin' ......

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

I have my NARS makeover this Friday and I'm seriously coveting the Nouveau Monde e/s duo... Along with other things. I'll be curious to see what they choose for me. I've already had my eye on Afghan Red for a while...

Shadowy Lady

I picked up Copocabana illuminator this pas weekend and been mixing it with my foundation these days. The result is an awesome glow, I've been getting soooo much comliments on my skin. I like this much more than Orgasm that was released last year. It blends better with my foundations shade (Nars SG Santa Fe, Lancome Teint Miracle Buff 4C). I will go and get Super Orgasm for spring and summer later on.

Afghan Red is one of my fave lipsticks of all time! It's not really red though, more like a pretty berry shade.

Monsy

I went to sephora to see illuminators and swatch them but the girls there had no idea what i am talking about :shock: i think i will order it on nars website