What do you think about Specktra's new look?

amenonine

I like the new layout. Its more modern and more sleek.. Plus the colors are a lot more comfortable to look at than the old version.

Though the problems I have with this new look is that its so wide! maybe at 80% would be more comfortable to look at?

Also, I can't tell if I've visited a link or not. in the old layout, visited links would change colors, but this one--I don't think it does. I think its just me, because I like to look at a lot of the things that go around here (especially the FOTD's and Tutorials), but I always end up clicking the same link twice thinking that i haven't seen it before.

Eilinoir

Though I voted on the last option, I wouldn't say I really do hate it.

My gripes:
- The stripe pattern is distracting and makes text a little more difficult to decipher.
- Generally too much going on with the designs, like someone couldn't decide what they wanted to add so they added everything.
- No difference in link colours. That is, with the old layout, by looking at the colour of the link (to whatever FOTD, etc) I could whether or not I viewed it before. Now the links are the same colour, regardless of whether I visited it or not.

I guess I'm just so used to the old layout and was much more comfortable then than now.

ratoo

I like it. the interface is much cleaner therefore I find it easier to work with. I prefer the simpler colours. Not totally sold on the width, I might have to change to fixed width, but I'm gonna give this a go first. I love the front page with all the current info.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilinoir
Though I voted on the last option, I wouldn't say I really do hate it.

My gripes:
- The stripe pattern is distracting and makes text a little more difficult to decipher.
- Generally too much going on with the designs, like someone couldn't decide what they wanted to add so they added everything.
- No difference in link colours. That is, with the old layout, by looking at the colour of the link (to whatever FOTD, etc) I could whether or not I viewed it before. Now the links are the same colour, regardless of whether I visited it or not.

I guess I'm just so used to the old layout and was much more comfortable then than now.

You basically explained everything I didn't like. I didn't feel like putting it into words though lol. Also, I don't really like the front page. I like being able to go straight to the forums.

Tina78

I love it,

Its clearer and easier to find things..
It looks very nice, love the colour pattern as well.

awesome job
thmbup.gif

Winthrop44

It looks very nice, but at the same time it feels overwhelming. I think if it wasn't so wide it would have a more manageable/easily navigable feel.

jillianjiggs

i prefer the old look.

this one is very busy with all of the colours and stripes and images. i don't like the ads at all on the first post of every thread. i could handle the bar ads above the forums but not on posts.

th_dunno.gif
just don't like it, sorry.

xsparkage

i must admit, i definitely liked the old look better. im kind of confused at how to get around with this one, and its so stretched out! :/

paula3boys

As if things weren't confusing for me before as a newbie, now I can't find anything I want to find! I just want to see swatches of new MAC paint pots! ARRGHHH