What do you think about Specktra's new look?

mommymac

I Love it
clap.gif

Lisa182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
I really like the look - everything is much clearer and sharper. I also like the new functionalities added such as latest posts, and various stats available when I first log on. The only things I noticed is that it takes longer to load and jump to different threads and subtopics...I dunno if it's just my PC
hmm.gif

I like the new look, but I noticed that it takes longer to load for me as well, and for some reason the page always freezes on me. Other than that it's great, I really like the colors.

PMBG83

Love It! Theres a nice smooth sleekness to it. Almost when your houses' decor style is contemporary! It was a bit to busy and loud before, the lil lady with the tea cup on her head always distracted me for some reason not sure why though. Just a breath of fresh air now. Thanks

slowhoney

I really love the colours.

I do have a couple of issues with it though. The first is that the top is much too cluttered. The ads are really annoying where they are and might even be better on the side in some sort of table (the tables here, in the thread area, do not have to be this wide).

There is too much contained at the top of the page, and I have to scroll for a long time before actually being able to see posts. Having to do this every time I go to a new page is really annoying. I think the ads should be moved and having the double links for Forums, Blog, Gallery, etc. is redundant. You should get rid of Join the Discussion, MAC Information, Member's Photos, etc. It leads to the same links as above them. Not only that, but those same links at at the bottom again too. There's no need to have the same link three times. I think the Tutorial Contest Winners, etc. is also taking up too much space and can be moved elsewhere, maybe to the bottom where the other links are.

In short, there is too much clutter at the top and it takes too long to scroll down to get to posts. I haven't been visiting as often because of how time-consuming it has made things. :\ Hopefully these suggestions have helped somewhat though.

I think enabling multiple skins would solve the problem. That way people can choose which skin they like best. From a web designer's perspective, that is my best advice... to offer more choice of skins.

GreekChick

Love the change! It's easier to get around things now, and I can finally figure out how to add smilies to my posts
cheerleader.gif
!

enviable

it would be nice if the pages you click on changed colors (does that makes sense?) so you know which page you already been to.

Janice

I value the honesty expressed by those who don't like aspects of the design, but I'm thrilled with it and it will not be changing. Thank you to the professionals who have weighed in with their critiques. That being said - Continuing to express negative criticism will only sour my good spirits about commisioning this design with the intent of giving something back to the community I love so much. Please keep in mind that most of the concerns expressed here have been addressed. If you just plain don't like the skin then please feel free to go back to using the old one.

To Recap:

There is the option of a "fixed" width version of this skin for those who don't like the 100% scaling, and you can also use the old "Romantic Speckles" skin though it does not have the Thanks! option enabled. If you browse Specktra from your mobile, you can use the "Archive" version of the site located here.

If you don't like the ads, then please support the site. All premium member subscriptions include the removal of ads.

heart.gif

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I value the honesty expressed by those who don't like aspects of the design, but I'm thrilled with it and it will not be changing. Thank you to the professionals who have weighed in with their critiques. That being said - Continuing to express negative criticism will only sour my good spirits about commisioning this design with the intent of giving something back to the community I love so much. Please keep in mind that most of the concerns expressed here have been addressed. If you just plain don't like the skin then please feel free to go back to using the old one.

To Recap:

There is the option of a "fixed" width version of this skin for those who don't like the 100% scaling, and you can also use the old "Romantic Speckles" skin though it does not have the Thanks! option enabled. If you browse Specktra from your mobile, you can use the "Archive" version of the site located here.

If you don't like the ads, then please support the site. All premium member subscriptions include the removal of ads.

heart.gif

Ahhh, I didn't realize you could use the old one. Yay.

The layout is very nice.
The colors are OK.
But I HATE having ads the posts. Anywhere else is fine. But in the posts make it look like the person starting a thread is promoting a particular product. That is really tacky in-your-face advertising -- so tacky that is makes me truly dig my heels in to NOT support the site. :-(

AfricanaEyes

Wow..it's definitely "different". LOL, gonna take some getting used to but I think I like it. It has a classy touch. Great work!
clap.gif

Ms. Z

I l
eyelove.gif
ve it!
The logo makes it easier to identify this as a makeup site. Great job ladies!

Laurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice

To Recap:

heart.gif

Even though I wasn't even a fan of the old look, that's good.

However, if you don't want 'negative criticism,' what was the point in asking for peoples' opinions?