$250 Brush Set on sale for $99! Got Mine!!!

j_absinthe

Well, I got to finally bust these babies out at a photoshoot yesterday evening. When I get more time, I'll write up a review.

Initial thoughts: The pointed foundation brush is love. The powder brush, however, won't stop shedding on me after I cleaned it.

devin

hmmmmm....I am very tempted to buy these. I have been hearing great things about them. I have to have some restraint, I just can't do it right now, but I want to soooo bad!!:banghead:

How long does it take to get these? I just caved in a bought a set. I sure did need to. I hope they'll be as great as I think they will be.

j_absinthe

It took me about a week in business days, ATL to Chicago. You should be getting yours in no time I presume.

i tried to search everywhere on the website, but it doesnt say that it ships overseas (im in australia, btw). Then i tried to check out with it, it doesnt have any other states other than the ones in US; nor can i select another country.
i want these brushes so bad

Regalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbweakfast
i tried to search everywhere on the website, but it doesnt say that it ships overseas (im in australia, btw). Then i tried to check out with it, it doesnt have any other states other than the ones in US; nor can i select another country.
i want these brushes so bad

... really? because... I'm in Australia too, and I ordered a set maybe... a week ago? Hang on, shall check the paypal receipt... September 29th, so a bit over a week ago, and it accepted my payment just fine ( through the Paypal checkout ). The only weird thing was that when I hit "pay" the first time, it took me to a second "review your payment" page, with a new total; this time without the shipping. So... idk? It only made me pay just the cost of the brush set, and nothing for shipping. I already sent an email off earlier tonight requesting the status of my order.

ash10spro

i REALLY want to buy these brushes, but i cant until christmas. do you think this sale will last until then?

crazypretty

This is awesome because I need new brushes. I emailed them and asked how long the sale was going to go for. I will let you know what they say.

crazypretty

Okay here you go..

Hi there,
I was wondering how long the Master Set 18 brush set was going to be on sale and if there are only limited quantities.
Thanks in advance, Jamie

Reply:
We are about to send an email blast about the sale. It will end on Oct. 19th

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazypretty
Okay here you go..

Hi there,
I was wondering how long the Master Set 18 brush set was going to be on sale and if there are only limited quantities.
Thanks in advance, Jamie

Reply:
We are about to send an email blast about the sale. It will end on Oct. 19th

Jeez, I'm ready to get another one of these as a backup. Thanks alot!

j_absinthe

aDesign : 18-piece Master Brush Set

XL Powder - a solid brush. Soft, dense, great for an all-over powder application.

Powder - good for tight powder application and buffing. Unfortunately, it's the weakest brush
in the set IMO. I cleaned it once with Cinema Secrets' Brush Cleaner and it has not stopped
shedding, whereas every other brush has sustained.

Cheek - Again, very soft, nice density.

Angled Cheek - Has the same durability as the cheek brush, and is a great size for adding contour.

Cream Cheek - Great if you have cream blushes. A little stiff.

Pointed Foundation - THIS BRUSH IS AMAZING. So soft, so durable, so excellent for applying thicker
face products. J'adore-and you know I have to love it if I bust out some French.

Foundation - Better than the average foundation brush. Durable and soft, easy on the face. Great
to use with liquids.

Medium Concealer - It's a solid brush, soft but sturdy

Small Concealer - Awesome for precision application.

All Over Shadow - It's good for what it does, texture is soft but a bit stiff IMO.

Angle Eye - I prefer it to the All Over Shadow brush, it's a bit lighter and fluffier.

Eye 1 - Great for crease defining.

Eye 2 - I don't use this brush often, not because it's not good, but I already have a decent amount
of eyeshadow brushes and this one just isn't too memorable.

Eye 3 - Good for creating the smudge effect for a smoky eye.

Eye 4 - Great for small details. I use this alot for highlighting the inner eye area.

Eye 5 - It's a sturdy liner brush, a more precise brush for smudging.

Groomer - The 3-in-1 is awesome. The comb is durable, so too is the brow brush. The bottom brow liner
is also good; good lining the eyes as well.

Lip - Nice size lip brush, durable, even using thicker glosses. Very nice.

Needless to say, I'm quite happy with this purchase. I suggest you ladies who are teedering should scrounge up a 100 bucks and invest, this sale ends the 19th.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I got my A-design brushes in the mail today. I sent an email yesterday inquiring about the shipping. They said they'd have them off that day by FedEx and they arrived today! (Granted the main office is in Atlanta, so it's not that much of a miracle, still I'm a bit impressed). Thanx for the heads up NaturalSister! I am already loving the Eye 1 brush and I want another. I'm such a brush hoarder.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I got my A-design brushes in the mail today. I sent an email yesterday inquiring about the shipping. They said they'd have them off that day by FedEx and they arrived today! (Granted the main office is in Atlanta, so it's not that much of a miracle, still I'm a bit impressed). Thanx for the heads up NaturalSister! I am already loving the Eye 1 brush and I want another. I'm such a brush hoarder.

do you think that would be a good brush for blending?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
do you think that would be a good brush for blending?

Blending and laying down color, yes. The Angled Eye Shadow is probably going to be a bit better for blending though, it's less firm.

** I wish this set came with the kabuki. Now I am sad. I still need a kabuki.**

Regalis

As an update to my previous post! I exchanged emails with one of the adesign staff, who was very quick in getting me a tracking number for my brushes ( sent fedex to Australia ). The reason I was only charged $99 was because they arrived with a shipping invoice from fedex themselves, which was about $25, not too bad. As for the brushes themselves, I am so pleased. So pleased
greengrin.gif
I can't stop playing with them.

Ella_

Aww I wanted these brushes so bad but I dont know if I can afford to get them
ssad.gif

Would it be worth paying full price for the set? What does everyone who owns it think? Would you purchase the set at full price?

Regalis

Nnnn, that's a difficult call :S forking out that much in one hit is always harder than getting the brushes individually ( it works out to $277.50 AUD after conversion... though paypal's exchange rate is always a few cents below market value, so they're likely to have like, 1 USD= .88 AUD rather than the 90 cent value it's at now ) the sale doesn't end for another eight days though, so you still have some time?

Ella_

Hmm I think Im going to have to pester my fiance into letting me get the set on pay day :p

Regalis

*shift* I might've done the very same thing, only I passed it off as a late birthday gift >_> I mean, for the price, it's a steal, but if I were going to spend 300+AUD on brushes, I'd bite the bullet and either hunt around for people selling M·A·C BNIP/BNWOP ones for less than retail or just get a CP, because I'd rather pick and choose from a larger variety of brushes that I already know I'm going to use by buying them individually.