$250 Brush Set on sale for $99! Got Mine!!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Found this quote on the website:

“My favorite thing about the adesign brushes is that they are man made materials, a very important element to consider as an alternative to using animal hair.”

It was hiding under Rave Reviews, I was curious myself.
smiles.gif

I emailed and asked what the brushes were made of before purchasing. It's goat and squirel hair. Only the foundation, lip, and concealor brushes are synthetic.

CantAffordMAC

I feel like a retard. I know that someone posted a description on page 3, but I still can't figure out some of these brushes. I read the description on the website so it helped a little. it seems like whenever I'm doing my makeup, I seem to apply the shadow with the wrong brush (god, how hard could it be?)

and I can't figure out how to tie the roll. LoL I'm so dumb...I just can't figure out which way the damn strings go.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

hnich

I got my set a few days ago, but they're not quite the quality I had in mind...
The foundation brushes look excellent, and I'm loving the groomer (I know, but it's really the best one I've seen) The eye brushes seem about as good as any cheap one's I've tried, but I haven't played around with them much yet.
The powder brushes really disappoint. I saw in the post-above that they should be goat or squirrel, but they look and feel to me like cheap synthetic nylon, even after a gentle wash and condition.
Lumiere does face brushes A LOT better IMO, at only a little bit more
The holder's ok, but the faux-snakeskin is pretty tacky! and the brushes smell a bit like mothballs...
Don't get me wrong I'm glad I got the set since I did need more brushes, and the price was good for all I got...but I don't know if they're top-quality like they claimed to be...
is anyone else disappointed in them?

Mo6ius

I wish I saw this thread earlier. I need more brushes and it looks like a good bargain for 18 of them. Don't know when they're gonna be on sale again. If not before Christmas, guess I have to go back to MAC then. They're great, but so expensive.

Does anybody know any other good deal like this?

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnich
The foundation brushes look excellent, and I'm loving the groomer (I know, but it's really the best one I've seen) The eye brushes seem about as good as any cheap one's I've tried, but I haven't played around with them much yet.
The powder brushes really disappoint. I saw in the post-above that they should be goat or squirrel, but they look and feel to me like cheap synthetic nylon, even after a gentle wash and condition.
The holder's ok, but the faux-snakeskin is pretty tacky! and the brushes smell a bit like mothballs...
Don't get me wrong I'm glad I got the set since I did need more brushes, and the price was good for all I got...but I don't know if they're top-quality like they claimed to be...

I wouldn't say disappointed per se, but the consistency is certainly something that's off when I use these-especially those damn powder brushes!

Part of me feels like I might've been better off holding onto that 112 bucks and just got a couple of the brush sets from the MAC holiday collection.

CantAffordMAC

well when I got my studio fix from mac she used a powder brush to apply it, but I couldn't afford the one she used, so I was using the one I had from CVS. using my cheap powder brush to apply my studio fix= can't see any foundation on my face. So i started using sponges.

Once I got these brushes though, I started using the powder brush to apply my foundation, and it works great. i don't really have any complaints with my brushes...Except I don't think I'll ever use the XL powder brush.

Regalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnich

I... actually really like mine? I mean, I bought a MAC 150 brush BNIP maybe four weeks before I saw/got this set, and even before I washed it, it felt a little coarse. After washing, it only got worse, and it's since been put aside in favour of the XL powder brush from my adesign set. Don't get me wrong, the 150 didn't go... idk, bad or anything, but the XL powder is still softer, even after two washings.

mariecinder

I really like my set. I love the angled blush brush. The only problem I have is that the first two eye brushes are way too large to use on my eyes except to apply an all over wash. I have faily small eyes so smaller brushes work better for me. But over all I love these brushes! The roll is wonderful and I can see so many uses for each brush.

Edit: I was wondering about a conditioner though as a few of the face brushes are a little stiff. I've never used a conditioner before and I was wondering what I should use? My BE face brushes need it badly...

hnich

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder

Edit: I was wondering about a conditioner though as a few of the face brushes are a little stiff. I've never used a conditioner before and I was wondering what I should use? My BE face brushes need it badly...

I had one BE and even after conditioning it was too scratchy..
ssad.gif
. For MMU I *love* lumiere and Alima's brushes. But I just use my regular conditioner after I shampoo my brushes and it really helps keep my natural hair brushes soft and precise. I just use the same conditioner I use on my hair, I don't know if there are special brush conditioners or not for synthetic brushes though

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalis
I... actually really like mine? I mean, I bought a MAC 150 brush BNIP maybe four weeks before I saw/got this set, and even before I washed it, it felt a little coarse. After washing, it only got worse, and it's since been put aside in favour of the XL powder brush from my adesign set. Don't get me wrong, the 150 didn't go... idk, bad or anything, but the XL powder is still softer, even after two washings.

I have that same problem with my 150. It gets coarse and prickly even after I a few uses after washing. I even condition my brushes, which helps a bit, but not enough. I really like the powder brush. It is dense though, and reminds me of a kabuki. Great for Natural MSF and buffing anything, but I am still searching for a powder brush in the vein of the 150, without the pricklyness.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
I really like my set. I love the angled blush brush. The only problem I have is that the first two eye brushes are way too large to use on my eyes except to apply an all over wash. I have faily small eyes so smaller brushes work better for me. But over all I love these brushes! The roll is wonderful and I can see so many uses for each brush.

I rub a little conditioner on my face brushes, and it makes them softer. I just rub a tiny bit in my palm and then rub my palms over the brush, then I rinse well with tepid water. Works great for me.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
well when I got my studio fix from mac she used a powder brush to apply it, but I couldn't afford the one she used, so I was using the one I had from CVS. using my cheap powder brush to apply my studio fix= can't see any foundation on my face. So i started using sponges.

Once I got these brushes though, I started using the powder brush to apply my foundation, and it works great. i don't really have any complaints with my brushes...Except I don't think I'll ever use the XL powder brush.

I use the XL Powder brush for bronzer. It so big and fluffy, it's the perfect brush for that finishing powder, whether it's bronzer, loose powder, etc.