$250 Brush Set on sale for $99! Got Mine!!!

CantAffordMAC

i only have $100 in my account but I'm getting paid this weekend so I'm going to order the brushes early next week. (or saturday).

its gonna hurt, but I always tell myself this is the best thing to do--why pay so much more for something later on, when i can just put a hurtin on my pockets now for the best price? I really need brushes too. I had a cheap one from CVS (and thats it) and it sucked and I lost it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
i only have $100 in my account but I'm getting paid this weekend so I'm going to order the brushes early next week. (or saturday).

its gonna hurt, but I always tell myself this is the best thing to do--why pay so much more for something later on, when i can just put a hurtin on my pockets now for the best price? I really need brushes too. I had a cheap one from CVS (and thats it) and it sucked and I lost it.

If you can get them, I would, but if not, I wouldn't fret. Essence of Beauty brushes (from CVS) are actually quite decent, only problem is there isn't enough variety of types of brushes.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
If you can get them, I would, but if not, I wouldn't fret. Essence of Beauty brushes (from CVS) are actually quite decent, only problem is there isn't enough variety of types of brushes.

i'm just going to break the bank for them. I have 2 essence of beauty brushes, and I really hate them. I have one shadow brush and one powder brush...the bristles keep falling out of the powder brush. And I cannot get my eyeshadow to look good with the shadow brush. Some people say that its all about technique and the brushes dont matter, but then some people say the opposite. :confused:

mariecinder

I just ordered it! I went looking for this thread to ask how soft the brushes were and when I saw that the sale was only on till the end of the week I had to order it! I can't wait till it gets here, I've needed better brushes.

CantAffordMAC

I ordered mine earlier today. I hope it was worth it. (I'm sure it will be)
smiles.gif

Perple1

REMINDER ~ It's the last day for the SALE, ladies! I just ordered my brush set & included the 'baby buki' ~ apparently the pix on the site is 'outdated' as the set no longer comes with the kabuki brush. I mentioned this as a bit misleading, the SA was kind enough to sell me the baby buki @ 50% off!
clap.gif

I should receive the set by Monday AM ~ Can't wait to use them!

Thanx to NaturalSister (I think that's her name) for sharing this info with the rest of us
cheerleader.gif
!!!!!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perple1
REMINDER ~ It's the last day for the SALE, ladies! I just ordered my brush set & included the 'baby buki' ~ apparently the pix on the site is 'outdated' as the set no longer comes with the kabuki brush. I mentioned this as a bit misleading, the SA was kind enough to sell me the baby buki @ 50% off!
clap.gif

I should receive the set by Monday AM ~ Can't wait to use them!

Thanx to NaturalSister (I think that's her name) for sharing this info with the rest of us
cheerleader.gif
!!!!!

oooh good job getting that discount. I emailed them about the kabuki too but I didn't inquire too much about it. you're getting yours fast...how do you know it'll get there so soon? I ordered mine using paypal on the 16th and it just cleared today.

Yes thanks NaturalSister! I was in desperate need of brushes, and this is a great deal. I'm so excited.
cheerleader.gif

Perple1

Oh, I called and placed the order over the phone MAINLY b/c I wanted to get some clarification on the whole buki thing! I charged it and she confirmed overnight shipping...but since it's Friday, it's safe to say that it will arrive Monday. When they arrive ~ HAPPY FACE PAINTING!!!! ;-]

CantAffordMAC

I got mine in the mail today!! yaaaaaaaay

They look like very good quality. I LOVE the snakeskin brush roll they came in. I cannot wait to play with them tomorrow.
smiles.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I got mine in the mail today!! yaaaaaaaay

They look like very good quality. I LOVE the snakeskin brush roll they came in. I cannot wait to play with them tomorrow.
smiles.gif

Yay! I hope you like them.

mariecinder

I got mine earlier this week, sooner than expected! I loved the angled face brush, it applies my blush better than my MAC one did. I also really like the foundation brush though it does get a little prickly. So far those are the only ones I've tried (I have a bad habit of not wanting to use new things because they're so nice!). I am very pleased with the set though and the brush roll is totally cute.

kaliraksha

Arr, it's what I get for not patrolling the forum more often recently! I am going to add myself to the email list for future sales. Thanks for the intro.

user79

I dunno, it doesn't say anywhere on their website what their brush hairs are made of. Very suspicious.

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Questions for the ladies who have had these for a while: Do they hold up well to washings? What would you compare the texture to (ie are they buttery soft like two faced or more like BE brushes)?

Some have held up better than others.

The Powder brush and a couple of the eye brushes haven't faired as well as I would've liked, but the "goat hair" brushes are quite durable it seems.