All Things Sephora

dash4

Thoughts on buxom eyeshadows? There are a lot of good reviews but is the hype accurate?

I like them, but some are better than others. I LOVE Filthy Rich - I actually bought two of them. It is almost the exact color as Girl's Night in the Too Faced Stardust Vegas Nay palette. It is creamy and highly pigmented and beautiful.. I also love Haute Couture and Mink Magnet.. I bought Gold Status (a gold shade) and it is pretty, but not quite as good as the other colors I picked.. and I bought Big Spender, which is a nice matte brown shade (but very dupable).

You should go and swatch them.. I think some shades are just okay..while others are outstanding. I know LaLaLavish is a very sought over color, but it is not one I wear.

I bought this deal on Cyber Monday...I'm surprised it's still available!!

Oh dang I am sorry for repeating that info. I did a search on this thread for it - to make sure I wasn't reposting it, but for some reason the search function on this thread did not work.. it gave me an error message?!?!

Did you already receive yours? and if so, how are they brushes included? I see individually they are priced high. :eek: Of course high price does not always equal high quality. How long did it take to ship? ty.

I ended up ordering Paris Nude and Sultry Muse (or whatever they are called).

Icecaramellatte

Thanks. I've decided to just use my shattered one, though. I still have most of it and it's working out fine. I want to get the new one.

I noticed Burberry in my store today. Not a very big section, though.

I used my $25 for my Brow Wiz and I also got the Becca primer. I'm curious to see if I will like it more than the YSL.

I didn't know Lolita II was out. I'm debating now b/c while I think it's great, I do have a mini and chances are I'm not gonna run out of that in the near future.

What's the new highlighter?

Bronwyn

I like them, but some are better than others. I LOVE Filthy Rich - I actually bought two of them. It is almost the exact color as Girl's Night in the Too Faced Stardust Vegas Nay palette. It is creamy and highly pigmented and beautiful.. I also love Haute Couture and Mink Magnet.. I bought Gold Status (a gold shade) and it is pretty, but not quite as good as the other colors I picked.. and I bought Big Spender, which is a nice matte brown shade (but very dupable).

You should go and swatch them.. I think some shades are just okay..while others are outstanding. I know LaLaLavish is a very sought over color, but it is not one I wear.

Oh dang I am sorry for repeating that info. I did a search on this thread for it - to make sure I wasn't reposting it, but for some reason the search function on this thread did not work.. it gave me an error message?!?!

Did you already receive yours? and if so, how are they brushes included? I see individually they are priced high. :eek: Of course high price does not always equal high quality. How long did it take to ship? ty.

Thanks for for your thoughts :) I ended up picking up the holiday palette set because it was on sale and said only a few left. Of course it came back in stock today. But yeah, can always return if I decided I'd rather customize

Jayjayy

I don't think it was ever posted here unless someone else mentioned it, so thanks for letting everyone know!! I received shipping info but no package yet dang it. I think I picked sultry muse too and dark mattes. I told myself they cost about as much as buying 2 full priced naked palettes, but I still feel guilty lol.

Last edited:

mel33t

I don't think it was ever posted here unless someone else mentioned it, so thanks for letting everyone know!! I received shipping info but no package yet dang it. I think I picked sultry muse too and dark mattes. I told myself they cost about as much as buying 2 full priced naked palettes, but I still feel guilty lol.

Let me know how you like Sultry Muse. It's between that and Paris Nudes for me right now.

Prettypackages

this is probably obvious for most, but what is the link? Can you shop from it exclusively?
I'm not allowed to wear makeup yet and if I wear lipstick with no other makeup I look like a doped up hooker. I'll just wait until I can do a whole face before judging it.

Thanks! :blush: I felt like I had spent 6 straight hours in Vegas, in the summer, staring at the sun, with a blow dryer blowing on my face. Now I am in the crusty stage. Not peeling yet, but I might peel tomorrow. I put my bottle of Tatcha mist in the fridge and spray my face a few times a day. It helps a little, but I just want to exfoliate so bad. Haha. Not for another two weeks though. :tear:

Yep, I just checked last night to be sure.

montREALady

For the love of God, can someone tell me if there's a way to turn on email notifications if someone quotes you like we were able to before the switch?!! I won't see your response until I come back and check since I won't get an email :rolleyes: I've lost my patience with this new forum :(

montREALady

It's a shade called Pearl. It's on Sephora, but not in stock right now. Someone said it's supposed to be available this week.

So glad I saw this. I was just about to use my code on the Gwen Palette (and return my Nordies one) but I've been waiting for the Pearl single since forever it seems so I may hold off.

I love rose quartz...

Dammit I forgot about this too, I kinda wanted it. why are all the colors back in stock? I wish they'd sell a mini set.

wait SIJCP has a website?

I know the sephora website accepts jcp credit cards, so if you're gift card is a jcp gift card maybe theven sephora website will accept that too.

dash4

Thanks for for your thoughts :) I ended up picking up the holiday palette set because it was on sale and said only a few left. Of course it came back in stock today. But yeah, can always return if I decided I'd rather customize

True.. and also remember if you get the customized one and not all the shades are in stock that you want.. just buy another shade and do an exchange for the one that you want.

That never occurred to me - I just kept waiting and waiting until all the ones I wanted were in stock, but then I accidentally bought one in the wrong shade.. and did an exchange. I just kept it the one I returned sealed up, so they could re-sell it.. and I had a lightbulb moment - thinking dayum, I could have done that months ago when I wanted to buy it but could never get it because certain ones I wanted were OOS.

Wow! Good way of thinking in relation to the UD palettes! You're so right.. it is essentially the same thing with the sale price point.

If you like dark shadows - you will LOVE that dark matte palette. It really is amazing.. and even though they are dark and vibrant - they are still very wearing able. I have the neutral matte and the dark matte...and the dark matte is my favorite.

dash4

For the love of God, can someone tell me if there's a way to turn on email notifications if someone quotes you like we were able to before the switch?!! I won't see your response until I come back and check since I won't get an email :rolleyes: I've lost my patience with this new forum :(

I need to figure this out too! I hope that is still a function on here.

I know the sephora website accepts jcp credit cards, so if you're gift card is a jcp gift card maybe theven sephora website will accept that too.

Sephora stores and their website don't accept JC Penney gift cards unfortunately. You can use your JC Penney gift card inside a JCP Sephora.. and you can use a regular Sephora gift card in the JCP Sephora's.. but regular Sephora's do not take JC Penney's cards.

Bronwyn

True.. and also remember if you get the customized one and not all the shades are in stock that you want.. just buy another shade and do an exchange for the one that you want.

That never occurred to me - I just kept waiting and waiting until all the ones I wanted were in stock, but then I accidentally bought one in the wrong shade.. and did an exchange. I just kept it the one I returned sealed up, so they could re-sell it.. and I had a lightbulb moment - thinking dayum, I could have done that months ago when I wanted to buy it but could never get it because certain ones I wanted were OOS.

Wow! Good way of thinking in relation to the UD palettes! You're so right.. it is essentially the same thing with the sale price point.

If you like dark shadows - you will LOVE that dark matte palette. It really is amazing.. and even though they are dark and vibrant - they are still very wearing able. I have the neutral matte and the dark matte...and the dark matte is my favorite.

That's a really good idea

Sabrunka

I need a new foundation but I don't know what to get :( I'm kinda stuck between born this way, mufe's hd or MAYBE urban decays naked... I have yellow/olive skin which is pale, so finding a perfect color is difficult. Armanis luminous silk is good but I find it doesn't cover as much as I'd like. I have the marc jacobs remarcable but that one is almost TOO heavy. Ugh.

Monsy

I need a new foundation but I don't know what to get :( I'm kinda stuck between born this way, mufe's hd or MAYBE urban decays naked... I have yellow/olive skin which is pale, so finding a perfect color is difficult. Armanis luminous silk is good but I find it doesn't cover as much as I'd like. I have the marc jacobs remarcable but that one is almost TOO heavy. Ugh.

lancome teint miracle buff 2w

dash4

Too Faced Chocolate bar is up on Sephora's website - I just ordered it. Link..

I ordered a $1 MUFE empty palette to get to the $50 mark.

Did anyone use the SURPRIS3 code and get something good?

Earlier- I skipped it because I hate not knowing what I am going to get.. but there weren't really any other things I wanted, so I decided to give it a whirl.

dash4

I just read that from December 25- January 1, 2016 - they will be having the 20% off SALE section.

Code: EXTRA20

Was anyone able to use their gift card via jcpenney online? Doesn't work for me, using the jcpenney code.

It did not work for me. It asked for a "serial code" after I entered the code..

Latest posts