All Things Sephora

boschicka

I'm posting this here b/c why not. Sephora sells Dior. Yeah, that's it. So I was about to throw out my Diorshow Fusion Mono cream shadow in 381 Millenium b/c it's starting to dry out, but I thought my husband might find it fun to smush it first. I gave him the pot and he said, "This is more fun than I thought it would be!" I leave the room for a second and return to find him COVERED in it. He has glittery bronzed brows, a glitter mustache, glitter beard, and of course, a glitter cross on his forehead. This, my friends, is why I've never felt the need to have children! :p

GreenEyedAllie

I'm posting this here b/c why not. Sephora sells Dior. Yeah, that's it. So I was about to throw out my Diorshow Fusion Mono cream shadow in 381 Millenium b/c it's starting to dry out, but I thought my husband might find it fun to smush it first. I gave him the pot and he said, "This is more fun than I thought it would be!" I leave the room for a second and return to find him COVERED in it. He has glittery bronzed brows, a glitter mustache, glitter beard, and of course, a glitter cross on his forehead. This, my friends, is why I've never felt the need to have children! :p

Dying! :rofl: :roflmao:

fur4elise

First off, I HATE deleting my cookies...it means I have to have my frickin book of ids & passwords on hand every time I go to log into my accounts everywhere, again...sigh...

This is hilarious!!! My hubby won't even come near my studio/closet...lol

I tried the KvD Lock It Concealer, but not the concealer creme that comes in a different package (not sure what the difference between them is). My eye area is like the Sahara and I found it to be pretty drying. I liked the coverage a lot though

Dry as the Sahara...sigh. This is how I am feeling right about now in regards to my DW concealer...it also breaks up too fast. I just hate how it is looking. I have been using an HA type moisturizer just in that area to help "plump out" my lines. Up until now, I used to be fearful of using a creamier concealer and now I am thinking with it being the "driest" area on my face, my fine lines and deeper smile lines, creamy may be the way to go. Hello NARS?!

I HATE the one I have (Smoldering Satin) and wonder if they are infused with some crack component that can be absorbed through skin given the reviews. I am obviously immune to said crack.
I'm going to try to play a couple more times then back it goes.

LOL! That is good! I was only able to swatch 2 colors in store, as all the others were sold out! At this point I only want Rose Gold Retro. It strikes me as a nice highlight/pop of bright for the center of the lid. Kitten Karma is coming in 2nd.

ETA: 20% off F&F at Urban Decay until tonight ~ UDFF2017

Last edited:

Rinstar

:roflmao:

elegant-one

:roflmao::rofl::rotfl: hilarious!!!

hitchcockblonde

First off, I HATE deleting my cookies...it means I have to have my frickin book of ids & passwords on hand every time I go to log into my accounts everywhere, again...sigh...
If you use google chrome, there is a way to just delete cookies for certain websites without deleting everything. Not sure about other browsers.

fur4elise

If you use google chrome, there is a way to just delete cookies for certain websites without deleting everything. Not sure about other browsers.

LOL! Bingo! I was able to clear my cookies/history without wiping everything else. And yes to everyone else, clearing your cache improves navigating the Sephora site. I have not had anymore 400 Bad Request messages! :)

GreenEyedAllie

LOL! That is good! I was only able to swatch 2 colors in store, as all the others were sold out! At this point I only want Rose Gold Retro. It strikes me as a nice highlight/pop of bright for the center of the lid. Kitten Karma is coming in 2nd.

So let me clarify. I don't have an issue with the color I chose. In fact, it swatches beautifully on my arm. However, when I put it on my lid, it's just straight silver glitter....very uneven and not cute. None of the pigment shows, and so far that has been true regardless of amount applied or blending. No matter what primer I use, blending at all ends up with super glitter cheeks and not in a way that can be played up as purposeful. And I can wear almost any formula, including creams without primer most days. Yup, just cool like that. :rofl:

SO SO many people absolutely love these that I assume this shade has a bad formula, I got a dud, or I am doing something wrong in my use...can't figure out what though.

GreenEyedAllie

LOL! Bingo! I was able to clear my cookies/history without wiping everything else. And yes to everyone else, clearing your cache improves navigating the Sephora site. I have not had anymore 400 Bad Request messages! :)

I cleared some cookies last night. Probably a third of a roll of thin mints into my belly. :roflmao:

boschicka

So let me clarify. I don't have an issue with the color I chose. In fact, it swatches beautifully on my arm. However, when I put it on my lid, it's just straight silver glitter....very uneven and not cute. None of the pigment shows, and so far that has been true regardless of amount applied or blending. No matter what primer I use, blending at all ends up with super glitter cheeks and not in a way that can be played up as purposeful. And I can wear almost any formula, including creams without primer most days. Yup, just cool like that. :rofl:

SO SO many people absolutely love these that I assume this shade has a bad formula, I got a dud, or I am doing something wrong in my use...can't figure out what though.

According to reviews, it looks like different colors have different formulas. And some people say the fallout is outrageous, so you're not alone.

fur4elise

I cleared some cookies last night. Probably a third of a roll of thin mints into my belly. :roflmao:
O1Eva1o.gif

65106622.jpg
I don't think you are doing it wrong...it may just be that the dang formula does not work for you...

I am taking your warning about glitter on the cheeks seriously...coz for this academic librarian...glitter cheeks is not cool...even at an art & design college! Fall out = Bad!

GreenEyedAllie

According to reviews, it looks like different colors have different formulas. And some people say the fallout is outrageous, so you're not alone.
Good to know! I was guessing about a formula difference, so interesting to know that might be a real thing. Maybe I'll just exchange for a better performer because I do adore glitter and want to love this product.
View attachment 59019

View attachment 59020
I don't think you are doing it wrong...it may just be that the dang formula does not work for you...

I am taking your warning about glitter on the cheeks seriously...coz for this academic librarian...glitter cheeks is not cool...even at an art & design college! Fall out = Bad!

Meh. I'm totally capable of some user error.

Confession: At first I thought you were referencing me 'clearing cookies' wrong, and I was all 'No way, girlfriend!' :rofl:

fur4elise

Good to know! I was guessing about a formula difference, so interesting to know that might be a real thing. Maybe I'll just exchange for a better performer because I do adore glitter and want to love this product. Meh. I'm totally capable of some user error.
Confession: At first I thought you were referencing me 'clearing cookies' wrong, and I was all 'No way, girlfriend!' :rofl:
:rofl:No no...I meant to quote you but forgot to check the post to include it. See! User error on my part! :p

For me if the Stila does not work, I will just get a glitter glue and fine rose gold glitter to play with! ;)

Prettypackages

Disappointed about the Stila shadows, but not that much. I don't do glitter. I'llhave to find the colors in another formula.

My undereyes are dry as a Sahara and one of the best things I've tried was an eye cream by Welcome to Habibi Bath & Body. Always Fresh. No chemical Additives or Preservatives, called the seven veils creme accent. It was so moisturizing, but very light. I called it liquid gold. I was able to go out with just concealer, no corrector, and powder. It seemed to plump everything up and I didn't even know I needed that. I still had dark circles but I saw a definite improvement. I think my dark circles were due to lack of sleep and proper nutrition.
It seems like they are out of it at the moment, so I've tried some other staples like BBrown Hydrating eye, and algenist eye cream in the green container and nothing was as hydrating as the seven veils cream from habibibody. I know the owner is one of our members so I hope it is ok to post this. I am waiting with much anticipation for this to come back in stock.

Latest posts