All Things Sephora

Shars

I don't have the Subversive palette, so I can't speak for it, but I have and LOVE the sunset palette. It's definitely warmer than the Lila, but if your looking for a warm toned palette it is definitely a winner.
I like that it has less pinks. I'm all pink covered with Lila lol. I wish she would bring out a rainbow/tropical coloured one. I would get behind that for sure. Her shimmer shadows are so smooth and pigmented.

Shars

I have the Pat Sublime palette and while I love the quality of the shadows, there are a couple I don't use specifically the glitter ones which is why I had to order the Kevin palette as I'll get more use out of it.

That's what I'm thinking too. I think hers swatched really well but I don't think it would be a "one and done" palette for me, compared to the Sunset one.

So I say go with the ND sunset if you'll get more use from it.

mollyv6

How much of the marula did you use? 2-3 drops should do it. The Ordinary Marula is a bit thicker/heavier than the DE and doesn't sink in as well for me. I tried both and repurchased the DE because it lasts forever anyway. Gothamista reviewed them here:

Marula Oil | The Ordinary vs. Drunk Elephant - YouTube
I use both and agree the TO’s is a bit heavier. I love how light the DE one is but it’s so hard for me to justify the added cost. I go through 1 oz. in just over 2 months as I am dry and live in the desert so I use this oil with everything. If DE was less expensive, say $40 or $50, it wouldn’t be as bad. Both oils do the job but I do prefer the aesthetic of the DE one. I also like DE’s packaging better.

mollyv6

I plan to get DE B-Hydra or the almond shower oil from L’Occitane. I’ve spent so much already and spring releases are coming. I really want the new Stila shimmer and glow shadows but they’re only at Ulta right now. The new spring colors are calling me.

elegant-one

I got the Lilah b. B merry duo with the code. I love everything I’ve ever bought from this line. I was going to get a couple more TF es but decided not to in case I didn’t like the shades on me.

MaryJane

You're not the only one hahaha!

I've fallen in love with the ND Lila palette so I'm contemplating either her Sunset palette or the Pat McGrath Subversive palette. I want to support Pat but I just feel like I'd get way more traction with the Sunset palette.
I have Lila and Sunset and would recommend both. I had Subversive but returned it. The colors are nice but at least 4 of them were too shimmery for me to wear on a daily basis and, for that kind of money, I won't something I can use more often.

Shars

Okay so since the overwhelming majority is favouring Sunset I'll get that and my wallet will blame all of you haha. Mind you my eyes have also diverted to the NARS Wanted palette but it's still too pink for me to justify buying at this time.

fur4elise

Okay so since the overwhelming majority is favouring Sunset I'll get that and my wallet will blame all of you haha. Mind you my eyes have also diverted to the NARS Wanted palette but it's still too pink for me to justify buying at this time.

LOL! I have been closely following this discussion as I got to swatch the ND Sunset in person whilst in the Miracle Mile Sephora in Vegas...BIG MISTAKE!!!

First, my Tarte Toasted is getting returned.
It is powdery and I cannot get past the fake vanilla scent...In fact, I have learned that any food scent in my face makeup is no beuno! I know the emoji is strong, but it's kind of how I feel about it.
:puke:

Second I saw Christine's review of the new NARS palette...which was lust at first sight but I tend to find her reviews to be pretty good. The swatches were not impressive.

The ND Sunset palette is everything everyone has been raving about. Creamy, buttery, pigmented and beautiful! And I have seen where blogs are laying out dupes for the shades...but the quality is there and I think it is worth the coin.

boschicka

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Blaming us?!? You asked us to choose between a $125 palette and a $129 palette. :naughty::roflmao:

Sugar & Spice

Yay rouge get to shop today! I added the Fenty sponge since I ordered the foundation awhile back and will start using it soon and curious to see if it makes a difference. Ordered the perfume set as planned.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

I was about to get the Pat McGrath Subversive palette but I'm thinking I should go with a fragrance instead. My two front runners are YSL Black Opium or Tom Ford Noir por Femme. Honestly, I don't know what to get. I don't want to waste the opportunity.

Shars

LOL! I have been closely following this discussion as I got to swatch the ND Sunset in person whilst in the Miracle Mile Sephora in Vegas...BIG MISTAKE!!!

First, my Tarte Toasted is getting returned.
It is powdery and I cannot get past the fake vanilla scent...In fact, I have learned that any food scent in my face makeup is no beuno! I know the emoji is strong, but it's kind of how I feel about it.
:puke:

Second I saw Christine's review of the new NARS palette...which was lust at first sight but I tend to find her reviews to be pretty good. The swatches were not impressive.

The ND Sunset palette is everything everyone has been raving about. Creamy, buttery, pigmented and beautiful! And I have seen where blogs are laying out dupes for the shades...but the quality is there and I think it is worth the coin.

Lady E has spoken! More wood for the fire!
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Blaming us?!? You asked us to choose between a $125 palette and a $129 palette. :naughty::roflmao:
HAHAHAHA! #caught
Yay rouge get to shop today! I added the Fenty sponge since I ordered the foundation awhile back and will start using it soon and curious to see if it makes a difference. Ordered the perfume set as planned.

Ooohh do you like that foundation? Which shade did you get? I went to like 3 sephoras when I was stateside and NONE of them had the foundations much less testers in the darker shades.
I was about to get the Pat McGrath Subversive palette but I'm thinking I should go with a fragrance instead. My two front runners are YSL Black Opium or Tom Ford Noir por Femme. Honestly, I don't know what to get. I don't want to waste the opportunity.

I love Noir pour Femme!! I loved how the Black Opium smelled in the bottle but my body chemistry didn't flow well with it. NPF on the other hand... compliments galore! Do you think you can snag testers before the offer runs out? Orrrrr.... get the travel sizes in both?

MaryJane

I have both fragrances. The Tom Ford is my favorite but you can't go wrong with either.

GreenEyedAllie

Another vote for TF NPF here! I had the same experience as [MENTION=96587]Shars[/MENTION]...initially the YSL was great, but it turned relatively quickly into decidedly not great. NPF also gets me compliments.