All Things Sephora

elegant-one

I agree-I purchased Rose Cliff and Sunset after seeing your posts and they are gorgeous in person. I'm in love!!!!!
I think I'm going to go back for Grapevine.

:icon_cheers::flowers: They are really beautiful in person. I'm so happy you love them too! Bosch talked me into buying them :p I've been thinking about getting Grapevine too.

LV2EVOLVE

I received the Hourglass Veil Fluid Sheer in Fair instead of the Vanilla I ordered. Then, Sephora sent out another Fair. Let’s see if it arrives as Vanilla. Did anyone else experience the same problem?

elegant-one

I had a chance to try out those new Sephora glide eyeliners. They are quite nice with great staying power. I didn't feel that they glided on quite as smooth as claimed but still pretty nice. No tugging or dragging. The brown shade is great. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown's Espresso Ink liner shade which I've used for many years I love it so much. It stayed on perfectly in the hot 80's temps & a long run :) I haven't tried it in the waterline yet.

VAL4M

Anyone excited of the New Viseart Cool mattes 2 palette??? You can pre-order it on MuseBeautypro but i'm waiting they usually have sales on Viseart palette like buy 2 have a percentage off with some esum brushes (and they are surprisingly good) anywho it will probably be on sale at sephora in a couple of months
. Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 10.24.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 10.24.07 PM.png

boschicka

Anyone excited of the New Viseart Cool mattes 2 palette??? You can pre-order it on MuseBeautypro but i'm waiting they usually have sales on Viseart palette like buy 2 have a percentage off with some esum brushes (and they are surprisingly good) anywho it will probably be on sale at sephora in a couple of months
. View attachment 63994 View attachment 63993

They have the 20% off two deal right now. Off the Slimpro palettes.

MaryJane

I'm surprised at how little hype there's been over the Kat Von D 10th Anniversary palette. I haven't seen much in the way of swatches or reviews. It's supposed to be available at Sephora.com tomorrow and it's not even on the site yet.

boschicka

I'm surprised at how little hype there's been over the Kat Von D 10th Anniversary palette. I haven't seen much in the way of swatches or reviews. It's supposed to be available at Sephora.com tomorrow and it's not even on the site yet.

I feel like it's more about the artwork on the outside than the product inside. I'm not impressed by what I've seen. It seems the large Metal/Matte Palette would have been more appropriate for a 10 yr anniversary palette based on the eyeshadows and concept. I was expecting something amazing shadow-wise for a TEN YEAR anniversary palette.

MaryJane

I feel like it's more about the artwork on the outside than the product inside. I'm not impressed by what I've seen. It seems the large Metal/Matte Palette would have been more appropriate for a 10 yr anniversary palette based on the eyeshadows and concept. I was expecting something amazing shadow-wise for a TEN YEAR anniversary palette.
I agree. From what I've seen of the shadows, it's not blowing me away.

shontay07108

Hey guys here's some more thoughts on products I've been using: idk how but I got the Laura Mercier loose powder to work on me. I guess b/c I don't try baking (that always seems disastrous for me). Just sweeping it under my eyes is the best thing. Plus, this Maybelline Age Rewind concealer is the absolute best thing ever. So glad I tried it when they extended the shade range. Finally a concealer/powder duo that doesn't make me look half dead.

I bought the Marc Jacobs coconut collection. The setting powder is really good. I never really felt setting powder was necessary because I have normal/dry skin, but the powder makes my face look nice and smooth and healthy. I had to return the rose gold drops because they surprisingly don't pop on my skin at all. It's really subtle and that's not what I want for that price, so the gold is a better option for me. Over the weekend I plan to try the palette but it swatches very nicely and the bronzer! LOL, it's my exact face shade. I don't care I wanted it and I love the packaging so it stays.

On a whim I bought the Caudalie Micellar water and it's so good. It feels refreshing and it does a good job removing makeup (after I use my neutrogena wipes). I've been using the Sunday Riley cleansing oil and it's not as hardcore as I expected an oil to be and I don't really love it, but I'll use it up and that'll be that. Oil on the face just isn't my jam.

I'm still loving the Milk mascara! The watermelon serum is eh. After using it for a bit, it feels nice going on but idk if it's actually doing anything. I put down my Good Genes for it and my skin felt less smooth after a day or so and then I decided to use Good Genes at night and the serum during the day, but it just wasn't the same. I'm back on my Good Genes and idk if I'll return the serum. Maybe I'll just mark it as a loss (god I hate returns).

The Tatcha Primer: Still really nice, but after wearing it constantly and with different foundations, I don't think it's doing much more than my Fenty or Marc Jacobs primers and I believe it costs a lot more than those two. It feels really nice going on but if it's not performing miracles, the price is a bit steep. I'll probably keep it and just use it up, though.
The Becca Dreamsicle highlighter just gets better and better as I use it. I liked it from the very beginning but with each wear I just fall more in love with it. OK, I think that's all. :rolleyes:

fur4elise

THIS! Not impressed with what I have seen. Disappoint...

VAL4M

I have the metal matte and the mi Vida loca and i feel i have all the eyeshadow in that palette

Rinstar

Hey guys here's some more thoughts on products I've been using: idk how but I got the Laura Mercier loose powder to work on me. I guess b/c I don't try baking (that always seems disastrous for me). Just sweeping it under my eyes is the best thing. Plus, this Maybelline Age Rewind concealer is the absolute best thing ever. So glad I tried it when they extended the shade range. Finally a concealer/powder duo that doesn't make me look half dead.

I bought the Marc Jacobs coconut collection. The setting powder is really good. I never really felt setting powder was necessary because I have normal/dry skin, but the powder makes my face look nice and smooth and healthy. I had to return the rose gold drops because they surprisingly don't pop on my skin at all. It's really subtle and that's not what I want for that price, so the gold is a better option for me. Over the weekend I plan to try the palette but it swatches very nicely and the bronzer! LOL, it's my exact face shade. I don't care I wanted it and I love the packaging so it stays.

On a whim I bought the Caudalie Micellar water and it's so good. It feels refreshing and it does a good job removing makeup (after I use my neutrogena wipes). I've been using the Sunday Riley cleansing oil and it's not as hardcore as I expected an oil to be and I don't really love it, but I'll use it up and that'll be that. Oil on the face just isn't my jam.

I'm still loving the Milk mascara! The watermelon serum is eh. After using it for a bit, it feels nice going on but idk if it's actually doing anything. I put down my Good Genes for it and my skin felt less smooth after a day or so and then I decided to use Good Genes at night and the serum during the day, but it just wasn't the same. I'm back on my Good Genes and idk if I'll return the serum. Maybe I'll just mark it as a loss (god I hate returns).

The Tatcha Primer: Still really nice, but after wearing it constantly and with different foundations, I don't think it's doing much more than my Fenty or Marc Jacobs primers and I believe it costs a lot more than those two. It feels really nice going on but if it's not performing miracles, the price is a bit steep. I'll probably keep it and just use it up, though.
The Becca Dreamsicle highlighter just gets better and better as I use it. I liked it from the very beginning but with each wear I just fall more in love with it. OK, I think that's all. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the feedback about the MJ setting powder, definitely want to try. Also I need to try that Maybelline Age Rewind! I keep hearing great things!

shontay07108

Thanks for the feedback about the MJ setting powder, definitely want to try. Also I need to try that Maybelline Age Rewind! I keep hearing great things!
You're welcome. I'm really surprised at how nice that powder is. It just sets everything perfectly and doesn't look or feel dry at all.

Last edited:

VAL4M

I still feel the sting of missing out on the Mi Vida Loca...sometimes the good ones get away ;)

I purchased a used one recently and i'm happy with the quality and all but think it is no longer as unique as it used to be when it launch. but really I do think if you purchased the 10 years anniversary palette you have pretty much all the colours in the Mi vida loca. so stop with the FOMO LOL.

fur4elise

Made a stop at the store Friday to get a sample of the Herbivore Blue Tansy Mask. This comes highly recommended if you like AHA/BHA masks and the Blue Tansy oil found in Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil.

Ended up swatching a couple palettes. I was very surprised by the quality and pigmentation of both!

Bare Minerals Gen Nude ~ Latte
BM_Nude.jpg

Smashbox x Vlada Cover Shot
SBxVladajpg.jpg

Alysse011

Has anyone seen the new Dior Airflash shades at any Sephora? They don’t seem to be in store, and no other retailer I’ve seen even has them online.

DILLIGAF

One of the last things I bought in the sale was the Viseart Theory palette in Tryst. I not sure how I feel about this. I haven't used it yet and I'm not feeling compelled to do so. This is the 2nd Theory palette I've bought and I'm seriously not impressed. I feel like I have these colors in the countless number of palettes I own. I also think I'm not paying this as much attention because of the Pat McGrath palettes I got during the sale.

Latest posts