All Things Sephora

Rinstar

One of the last things I bought in the sale was the Viseart Theory palette in Tryst. I not sure how I feel about this. I haven't used it yet and I'm not feeling compelled to do so. This is the 2nd Theory palette I've bought and I'm seriously not impressed. I feel like I have these colors in the countless number of palettes I own. I also think I'm not paying this as much attention because of the Pat McGrath palettes I got during the sale.

Which P MG palettes did you get and are you using them a lot?

DILLIGAF

Which P MG palettes did you get and are you using them a lot?
I grabbed the Bronze Ambition palette during the first week and then the Platinum Bronze the second. These shadows are beautiful. The formula makes me understand why they are at their current price point. Let's start with the packaging. In the past I found the packaging of PM products to be lacking. The trifold palette feels substantial and includes an amazing mirror. The shadows blend beautifully. Not to mention they are very pigmented. Bronze Ambition is a bronze warmer palette and the one I've used the most. Platinum Bronze is a cooler toned palette filled with purple and taupe. I had a few events over the last weekend and I grabbed either one of these palettes to get ready. If you are on the fence, my advice is GET IT. I don't think you will be disappointed.

DILLIGAF

Hey guys here's some more thoughts on products I've been using: idk how but I got the Laura Mercier loose powder to work on me. I guess b/c I don't try baking (that always seems disastrous for me). Just sweeping it under my eyes is the best thing. Plus, this Maybelline Age Rewind concealer is the absolute best thing ever. So glad I tried it when they extended the shade range. Finally a concealer/powder duo that doesn't make me look half dead.

I bought the Marc Jacobs coconut collection. The setting powder is really good. I never really felt setting powder was necessary because I have normal/dry skin, but the powder makes my face look nice and smooth and healthy. I had to return the rose gold drops because they surprisingly don't pop on my skin at all. It's really subtle and that's not what I want for that price, so the gold is a better option for me. Over the weekend I plan to try the palette but it swatches very nicely and the bronzer! LOL, it's my exact face shade. I don't care I wanted it and I love the packaging so it stays.

On a whim I bought the Caudalie Micellar water and it's so good. It feels refreshing and it does a good job removing makeup (after I use my neutrogena wipes). I've been using the Sunday Riley cleansing oil and it's not as hardcore as I expected an oil to be and I don't really love it, but I'll use it up and that'll be that. Oil on the face just isn't my jam.

I'm still loving the Milk mascara! The watermelon serum is eh. After using it for a bit, it feels nice going on but idk if it's actually doing anything. I put down my Good Genes for it and my skin felt less smooth after a day or so and then I decided to use Good Genes at night and the serum during the day, but it just wasn't the same. I'm back on my Good Genes and idk if I'll return the serum. Maybe I'll just mark it as a loss (god I hate returns).

The Tatcha Primer: Still really nice, but after wearing it constantly and with different foundations, I don't think it's doing much more than my Fenty or Marc Jacobs primers and I believe it costs a lot more than those two. It feels really nice going on but if it's not performing miracles, the price is a bit steep. I'll probably keep it and just use it up, though.
The Becca Dreamsicle highlighter just gets better and better as I use it. I liked it from the very beginning but with each wear I just fall more in love with it. OK, I think that's all. :rolleyes:

That is all I needed to hear. PURCHASED!

Rinstar

I grabbed the Bronze Ambition palette during the first week and then the Platinum Bronze the second. These shadows are beautiful. The formula makes me understand why they are at their current price point. Let's start with the packaging. In the past I found the packaging of PM products to be lacking. The trifold palette feels substantial and includes an amazing mirror. The shadows blend beautifully. Not to mention they are very pigmented. Bronze Ambition is a bronze warmer palette and the one I've used the most. Platinum Bronze is a cooler toned palette filled with purple and taupe. I had a few events over the last weekend and I grabbed either one of these palettes to get ready. If you are on the fence, my advice is GET IT. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks. I have been debating Platinum Bronze for awhile, should just get it!

shontay07108

If you ever consider giving up the coins for her mothership palettes I highly recommend Decadence. It's stunning. I love the mini palettes, too. Her brand is truly worth the price.

aphrodite1225

Hi!!!
I'm so frustrated with Sephora. They totally screwed me during the spring sale and now I feel like the customer service is giving me a run around. I shopped at sephora for over a decade and never had an issue until now. Have any of you had your accounts randomly flagged for suspicious activity? (I'm not even the type of person to return products).

aphrodite1225

have you talked to their fraud department?

They basically randomly flagged my account. It took me numerous calls and emails to their customer service to find that out. I got such a run around that I'm beyond frustrated. I'm just curious if this is something they now do. I placed 2 orders during the sale and they cancelled them. They claim my credit card information was wrong...EH IT WAS NOT! anyway...sorry I guess I am just venting. I don't think I will be shopping at Sephora after this (well after I redeem my gift cards)

shadowaddict

Has anyone seen the new Dior Airflash shades at any Sephora? They don’t seem to be in store, and no other retailer I’ve seen even has them online.

No, but I've been waiting a few months to see what new shades. The Dior guy at one of my counters said at that time he had not gone to Update yet. He said they would come out in June. I'm hoping for at least one shade lighter.

boschicka

They basically randomly flagged my account. It took me numerous calls and emails to their customer service to find that out. I got such a run around that I'm beyond frustrated. I'm just curious if this is something they now do. I placed 2 orders during the sale and they cancelled them. They claim my credit card information was wrong...EH IT WAS NOT! anyway...sorry I guess I am just venting. I don't think I will be shopping at Sephora after this (well after I redeem my gift cards)

Yes, this is something they do during sales now. And it's impossible to get any useful information. It's extremely frustrating and stupid to have to try so hard to get people to take your money.

aphrodite1225

OMG yes!!!! I give up. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at their email responses. I bet if I was a Youtuber or an Influencer they wouldn't be treating me this way. That's it I am breaking of my 10+ year relationship with Sephora (this will make my husband very happy lol)

Yes, this is something they do during sales now. And it's impossible to get any useful information. It's extremely frustrating and stupid to have to try so hard to get people to take your money.

Monsy

I once had a problem with them when they did not refund me for the return and my account was blocked. customer service is useless i highly recommend asking to talk to their fraud department and require explanation

elegant-one

Just came back from Ulta lol & I bought the new Tarte Aspyn Ovard palette. The packaging is so beautiful & I love the shades in the palette. The eyeshadows are super creamy pigmented with great smoooooth butter texture. LOVE

I also bought 3 OPI np & a travel tube of the Juice Beauty 2 in 1 Cellular cleanser.

And FOUR pairs of jeans :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

javadoo

Just came back from Ulta lol & I bought the new Tarte Aspyn Ovard palette. The packaging is so beautiful & I love the shades in the palette. The eyeshadows are super creamy pigmented with great smoooooth butter texture. LOVE

I also bought 3 OPI np & a travel tube of the Juice Beauty 2 in 1 Cellular cleanser.

And FOUR pairs of jeans :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

???
I have never heard of this palette!

elegant-one

It was soooo hard to photograph. I also took pics from the mailer. It's rose gold packaging :heart: Don't judge my nails...doing them tonight LOL!
I LOVE Tea Time - beautiful everyday natural nudie brown. The blush is a pretty natural nude shade, not pink on like it looks in the pan but a more slight pink nude on the skin. Smells like a very very light yummy vanilla & not in a bad way.

IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0463.JPG
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0465.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts