All Things Sephora

Icecaramellatte

I am still holding out for the new Pat McGrath palette to be available on the US site. I doubt that it will happen though. I have a few items in my cart, so I keep getting those annoying “don’t leave these products behind” emails.

I feel better having the discount card too since my local Sephora SAs tend to fight giving the discount. I also agree that some of them lack training while others are amazing.

I have gone into store twice during this promotion already. First time was for skincare, and the second time was for the new Pat McGrath lipsticks. A SA commented on how I must love lipstick since I purchased a few :rolleyes:

Oh I hope so for your sake but I've already used my online code. I doubt it will be in store before the end of the sale. Oh well. When is it supposed to come out again. Next week right? I don't know if I'll order from
Pat's site or Sephora. I can't remember how the last palette release went. I know the first one took forever to ship but I think maybe the second one didn't. Plus Pat has better presentation. But then again so many Sephora's are carrying Pat's line, I may be able to just pick it up in store the first day of release. I wonder. Well Canada Sephora released the palette so maybe we'll see some really nice looks.

shontay07108

Hey, Shontay...where are you!!??? It's not officially a sephora sale without you :heart:
Aww! I'm here! I'm so annoyed b/c I got the $100 rewards thing, but no activation email. I sent CS an email and they're like check your junk and spam folder as if I hadn't thought of that.

boschicka

Aww! I'm here! I'm so annoyed b/c I got the $100 rewards thing, but no activation email. I sent CS an email and they're like check your junk and spam folder as if I hadn't thought of that.

Cripes! I was afraid of that happening. What are your options now?
PS. It's the year 2018. We all know to check our dang spam folders!

shontay07108

Cripes! I was afraid of that happening. What are your options now?
PS. It's the year 2018. We all know to check our dang spam folders!
They sent me an email a couple of hours ago telling me to add them to my address book so it won't go to spam when they resend. Well, it landed in my inbox before I even had the chance to do that. I'm tempted to use it now because I'm a goblin, but I want to hold out for the Pat McGrath palette. I told myself I don't need it, but who am I kidding?

boschicka

They sent me an email a couple of hours ago telling me to add them to my address book so it won't go to spam when they resend. Well, it landed in my inbox before I even had the chance to do that. I'm tempted to use it now because I'm a goblin, but I want to hold out for the Pat McGrath palette. I told myself I don't need it, but who am I kidding?

A goblin she says! :hehe: Glad you got your email. I'm also saving mine for the PM palette. It's a steal for $25! ;)

Haven

A goblin she says! :hehe: Glad you got your email. I'm also saving mine for the PM palette. It's a steal for $25! ;)
This is my backup strategy. I will try to get one of these rewards and then use it for the palette. I forgot they were releasing these rewards, so I missed out last time :doh:

boschicka

This is my backup strategy. I will try to get one of these rewards and then use it for the palette. I forgot they were releasing these rewards, so I missed out last time :doh:

They release around noon. Thursday's release lasted longer than I thought it would, so I think you'll be able to snag one if you're watching for them.

elegant-one

:flowers::wavey: Nice that you got the reward. Sephora is annoying. I have no junk folder in my email program.

Haven

I ended up not making an online order during the sale. I had stuff in my cart but didn’t pull the trigger. I had wanted to order the Pat McGrath palette, but that was not available. Now I plan to try to get one of the $100 off rewards.

I actually spent less money this time around than I usually do. I typically make multiple online orders which can add up fast. I did stop by Sephora yesterday, and I walked out not buying anything. The checkout line was extremely long and was moving very slowly.

javadoo

I ended up not making an online order during the sale. I had stuff in my cart but didn’t pull the trigger. I had wanted to order the Pat McGrath palette, but that was not available. Now I plan to try to get one of the $100 off rewards.

I actually spent less money this time around than I usually do. I typically make multiple online orders which can add up fast. I did stop by Sephora yesterday, and I walked out not buying anything. The checkout line was extremely long and was moving very slowly.

I didn't buy anything online or in store this time around either.
I really wanted the Pat McGrath palette too, but no luck.
Nothing else really struck me...I just couldn't find anything I needed or wanted.
Alot of new Fall/Winter/Holiday stuff is coming out that I am interested in so I'm just going to save my dollars for that stuff.

Alysse011

I just redeemed points for the $100 card. I see now that it all has to be redeemed in one go and nothing can be returned, so I’ll probably use it on staple items. Like 6 cans of dry shampoo or something :nixweiss:

fur4elise

I didn't buy anything online or in store this time around either.
I really wanted the Pat McGrath palette too, but no luck.Nothing else really struck me...I just couldn't find anything I needed or wanted. Alot of new Fall/Winter/Holiday stuff is coming out that I am interested in so I'm just going to save my dollars for that stuff.

:hmm: After reading your posts and getting an overall sense of the Appreciation sale...I am going to make a wildly speculative guess that Sephora did not make bank by flip flopping the rules on the coupon. I placed one modest order online that included the use of a gift card and purchased one thing in store because it was not in stock online. Sephora did not get 1/4 what I spent last year during the fall sale.

javadoo

:hmm: After reading your posts and getting an overall sense of the Appreciation sale...I am going to make a wildly speculative guess that Sephora did not make bank by flip flopping the rules on the coupon. I placed one modest order online that included the use of a gift card and purchased one thing in store because it was not in stock online. Sephora did not get 1/4 what I spent last year during the fall sale.

There was just nothing that I really wanted.
I am excited for some of the Fall/Holiday releases that I have seen previews of, so maybe they will get more of my money during the November sale....

Alysse011

Yeah, add me to the evidence of that. I placed one online order for 4 items and returned one of them (the most expensive one)

Alysse011

There was just nothing that I really wanted.
I am excited for some of the Fall/Holiday releases that I have seen previews of, so maybe they will get more of my money during the November sale....
Which Fall and Holiday releases have caught your eye?

boschicka

You are correct. I placed one online order and can't make it in-store these days, so there was no brick and mortar shopping for me. Would have placed more orders as the sale progressed but couldn't, so I took my business elsewhere.

lipstickaddict

I didn't go instore once during the sale either and only pulled the trigger on my online order last night for some of the new Bobby Brown and Pat McGrath lipsticks. I definitely spent WAY less during this sale which is probably a good thing I guess, but I am interested to see what Sephora will do for future sales, and if this will now be a new standard.

DMcG9

I only bought one item online during the sale as well and that was because it was only available online.
I bought two items in store but they were tentative buys at the time.