All Things Sephora

charismafulltv

If you are used to using powder, this takes a little bit of practice since u only need couple light dips with very light strokes. You can search it at the back of your hand to practice with the intensity of the strokes esp if u wanted a more natural look. @peachtwist

mel33t

My Sephira order came!! I have yet to use any of the products though lol. I did open my radiant magenta blush from Hourglass and was immediately disappointed. Its mostly the radiant highlight and when swatches it looks exactly like my Luminous Flush. I'm hoping I can exchange it today for a better Radiant Magenta. We can do in store exchanges for the FNF sale, right?

PeachTwist

I'd like to ask a question, but I fear it'll come off rude or offensive -- I promise I don't mean it that way but I'm not great at wording things. The brows are very thick and look quite "fake" so to speak, by that I mean they're "obviously" drawn on (even though I can see the hairs there) -- but do you find that the pomade is capable of doing a more "natural" look than that? I love brows and I think it's epic you're rockin' such a strong brow, but for me personally it would be too much and I've bought the pomade and am curious as to whether it'll be possible to do the look I'm after. Again, so sorry if this comes off as rude as I really don't mean it to! I've been using the pomade since I got it from the makeup show last June and I kissed my brow powder goodbye. If you check my blog pics, all my brows are using the Anastasia brow pomade in dark brown

Quote: Originally Posted by charismafulltv

If you are used to using powder, this takes a little bit of practice since u only need couple light dips with very light strokes. You can search it at the back of your hand to practice with the intensity of the strokes esp if u wanted a more natural look. @peachtwist
Thanks love. The link to your blog isn't working properly -- just thought I'd let you know. I did manage to get to it though.

smallestkitten

You're beautiful!

I'd like to ask a question, but I fear it'll come off rude or offensive -- I promise I don't mean it that way but I'm not great at wording things. The brows are very thick and look quite "fake" so to speak, by that I mean they're "obviously" drawn on (even though I can see the hairs there) -- but do you find that the pomade is capable of doing a more "natural" look than that? I love brows and I think it's epic you're rockin' such a strong brow, but for me personally it would be too much and I've bought the pomade and am curious as to whether it'll be possible to do the look I'm after. Again, so sorry if this comes off as rude as I really don't mean it to!
That's ok, I totally get what you mean! Yeah, it's possible to do a more natural look and I find that's dependent way more on what brush you use than anything - but there are so many other products that would easily give a natural look that this probably isn't the first one I'd reach for if that's what you're after.

PeachTwist

You're beautiful!

I'd like to ask a question, but I fear it'll come off rude or offensive -- I promise I don't mean it that way but I'm not great at wording things. The brows are very thick and look quite "fake" so to speak, by that I mean they're "obviously" drawn on (even though I can see the hairs there) -- but do you find that the pomade is capable of doing a more "natural" look than that? I love brows and I think it's epic you're rockin' such a strong brow, but for me personally it would be too much and I've bought the pomade and am curious as to whether it'll be possible to do the look I'm after. Again, so sorry if this comes off as rude as I really don't mean it to!

That's ok, I totally get what you mean! Yeah, it's possible to do a more natural look and I find that's dependent way more on what brush you use than anything - but there are so many other products that would easily give a natural look that this probably isn't the first one I'd reach for if that's what you're after.
Yeah I figured as much -- I have my brow pencils from MAC and I bought a brow whiz to try as well for the natural look. I think more than anything I'm just curious about the pomade, haha.

v0ltagekid

Yeah I figured as much -- I have my brow pencils from MAC and I bought a brow whiz to try as well for the natural look. I think more than anything I'm just curious about the pomade, haha.
The pomade will definitely give u a natural look if that's what u want. Especially if u are missing hairs in certain areas, it's so opaque so you can draw your own "hairs".
u just need to make sure u get the right color, if it's too light, it won't look like your hair, and too dark, it will be too obvious.

edit: here are some pics of me, u can see my brows. I definitely like them defined so I use a darker pomade to outline, and a lighter one to fill, but you don't have to do all that if u don't want them so defined.

(I think they look natural lol? idk.. that's as natural as I will go, I am totally guilty of making them sharper sometimes, love that "faker" look)

honey on boost

You're beautiful!

Here is a photo with me using a brow gel very similar to Anastasia's. It is possible to do a natural looking brow you just have to be really careful with how much you put on. I use Anastasia's angled brush with the spoolie on the end and tap it into the gel, then I wipe off some of the excess gel on the back of my hand.. I then outline the bottom of my brow with the gel and apply whatever is left toward the middle/end of my brow and outline the top as well. Once you've done that just brush it all out with a spoolie and it'll look natural but very well defined. It's honestly too much work for me to do on a daily basis so I use Brow Wiz most of the time.

And here's a photo using brow wiz

Audrey C

I have the Anastasia brow powder in Auburn, but I don't like it as much as Indie Spirit e/s from the Marche aux Puces duo. I like a natural look (no defined lines at all); I'm really just trying to warm up my brown brows to match my more auburn hair.

awickedshape

The pomade will definitely give u a natural look if that's what u want. Especially if u are missing hairs in certain areas, it's so opaque so you can draw your own "hairs". u just need to make sure u get the right color, if it's too light, it won't look like your hair, and too dark, it will be too obvious. edit: here are some pics of me, u can see my brows. I definitely like them defined so I use a darker pomade to outline, and a lighter one to fill, but you don't have to do all that if u don't want them so defined.  (I think they look natural lol? idk.. that's as natural as I will go, I am totally guilty of making them sharper sometimes, love that "faker" look)
Wow, very nice!

Mayanas

The pomade will definitely give u a natural look if that's what u want. Especially if u are missing hairs in certain areas, it's so opaque so you can draw your own "hairs". u just need to make sure u get the right color, if it's too light, it won't look like your hair, and too dark, it will be too obvious. edit: here are some pics of me, u can see my brows. I definitely like them defined so I use a darker pomade to outline, and a lighter one to fill, but you don't have to do all that if u don't want them so defined.  (I think they look natural lol? idk.. that's as natural as I will go, I am totally guilty of making them sharper sometimes, love that "faker" look)
Here is a photo with me using a brow gel very similar to Anastasia's.  It is possible to do a natural looking brow you just have to be really careful with how much you put on.  I use Anastasia's angled brush with the spoolie on the end and tap it into the gel, then I wipe off some of the excess gel on the back of my hand.. I then outline the bottom of my brow with the gel and apply whatever is left toward the middle/end of my brow and outline the top as well.  Once you've done that just brush it all out with a spoolie and it'll look natural but very well defined.  It's honestly too much work for me to do on a daily basis so I use Brow Wiz most of the time.  And here's a photo using brow wiz
Pretty ladies. I use pomade auburn.

MissTT

I did open my radiant magenta blush from Hourglass and was immediately disappointed. Its mostly the radiant highlight and when swatches it looks exactly like my Luminous Flush. I'm hoping I can exchange it today for a better Radiant Magenta. We can do in store exchanges for the FNF sale, right?
You might have to do it as a return without receipt. The cashier may not be able to give you the discount on the exchange item since the discount is single use and it would need to be re-entered. I'd call ahead and ask.

elegant-one

The pomade will definitely give u a natural look if that's what u want. Especially if u are missing hairs in certain areas, it's so opaque so you can draw your own "hairs".
u just need to make sure u get the right color, if it's too light, it won't look like your hair, and too dark, it will be too obvious.

edit: here are some pics of me, u can see my brows. I definitely like them defined so I use a darker pomade to outline, and a lighter one to fill, but you don't have to do all that if u don't want them so defined.

(I think they look natural lol? idk.. that's as natural as I will go, I am totally guilty of making them sharper sometimes, love that "faker" look)

eyelove.gif
You are SOOOOOOOO VERY pretty!!!

elegant-one

Here is a photo with me using a brow gel very similar to Anastasia's. It is possible to do a natural looking brow you just have to be really careful with how much you put on. I use Anastasia's angled brush with the spoolie on the end and tap it into the gel, then I wipe off some of the excess gel on the back of my hand.. I then outline the bottom of my brow with the gel and apply whatever is left toward the middle/end of my brow and outline the top as well. Once you've done that just brush it all out with a spoolie and it'll look natural but very well defined. It's honestly too much work for me to do on a daily basis so I use Brow Wiz most of the time.

And here's a photo using brow wiz

Honey, I've always loved your beautiful brows! You're such a doll!
heart.gif

charismafulltv

Btw, Cinema Secrets is now available at Sephora, I love their brush cleansers! You guys should try it. It cleans, disinfects and dries quickly

Latest posts