All Things Sephora

elegant-one

I did open my radiant magenta blush from Hourglass and was immediately disappointed. Its mostly the radiant highlight and when swatches it looks exactly like my Luminous Flush. I'm hoping I can exchange it today for a better Radiant Magenta. We can do in store exchanges for the FNF sale, right?
Uggh, so sorry that happened! I went through that with most of the ones I ordered when they came out. I took them to a Sephora store & exchanged them for mostly color ones.

MissTT

Some pretty brows posted here. I have the MAC pomade, but the shade is too warm and it looks awful on me. I've stayed away from pomades since. I hate wasting money on products.
@PeachTwist I like natural brows too so I knew what you meant.

DILLIGAF

The pomade will definitely give u a natural look if that's what u want. Especially if u are missing hairs in certain areas, it's so opaque so you can draw your own "hairs".
u just need to make sure u get the right color, if it's too light, it won't look like your hair, and too dark, it will be too obvious.

edit: here are some pics of me, u can see my brows. I definitely like them defined so I use a darker pomade to outline, and a lighter one to fill, but you don't have to do all that if u don't want them so defined.

(I think they look natural lol? idk.. that's as natural as I will go, I am totally guilty of making them sharper sometimes, love that "faker" look)

You're adorable and I love that smokey eye.

Quote: Originally Posted by charismafulltv

Btw, Cinema Secrets is now available at Sephora, I love their brush cleansers! You guys should try it. It cleans, disinfects and dries quickly
While I do love Cinema Secrets cleansers I'm not a fan of that overly cloying vanilla scent. I've switched to Parian Spirits. Apparently I like oranges more than I like vanilla. lol

Dolly Snow

Here is a photo with me using a brow gel very similar to Anastasia's.  It is possible to do a natural looking brow you just have to be really careful with how much you put on.  I use Anastasia's angled brush with the spoolie on the end and tap it into the gel, then I wipe off some of the excess gel on the back of my hand.. I then outline the bottom of my brow with the gel and apply whatever is left toward the middle/end of my brow and outline the top as well.  Once you've done that just brush it all out with a spoolie and it'll look natural but very well defined.  It's honestly too much work for me to do on a daily basis so I use Brow Wiz most of the time.  And here's a photo using brow wiz
The pomade will definitely give u a natural look if that's what u want. Especially if u are missing hairs in certain areas, it's so opaque so you can draw your own "hairs". u just need to make sure u get the right color, if it's too light, it won't look like your hair, and too dark, it will be too obvious. edit: here are some pics of me, u can see my brows. I definitely like them defined so I use a darker pomade to outline, and a lighter one to fill, but you don't have to do all that if u don't want them so defined.  (I think they look natural lol? idk.. that's as natural as I will go, I am totally guilty of making them sharper sometimes, love that "faker" look)
Ladies your brows are :love:

DILLIGAF

I have the Anastasia brow pomade in Chocolate and when I want a more natural brow I tend to start the brow a bit further in. Does that make sense? I also add less product to my brush. I'm using the ABH brush because I love the stiffness of the brow brush. Spoolies are spoolies you know. I switch between the pomade and MAC brow pencil in Spiked or Stud. I've already got full brows so I don't like to go overboard with them.

itskathleeeen

My F&F order came in last night! Here's what I got:

• Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette (I was going to get the blush palette but I have the 2 permanent shades that are in it.)
  • NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
  • Josie Maran Winter Dreams Argan Color Collection
  • Laura Mercier Mini Caviar Stick Eye Colour Quartet (I just went on Sephora's website and it's no longer available
    ssad.gif
    )

PeachTwist

Thanks for all the photos and tips, ladies. You all look beautiful and have AMAZING brows. I'll have to have a play around with the pomade!

PeachTwist

My F&F order came in last night! Here's what I got:

• Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette (I was going to get the blush palette but I have the 2 permanent shades that are in it.)
  • NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
  • Josie Maran Winter Dreams Argan Color Collection
  • Laura Mercier Mini Caviar Stick Eye Colour Quartet (I just went on Sephora's website and it's no longer available
    ssad.gif
    )
This is the only eye shadow base I can use. UDPP, TFSI etc don't work on me anymore.

I use the NARS base and then a paint pot -- only way my shadows don't crease on me. The NARS base is worth every penny though - I even have 2 BU's!

itskathleeeen

This is the only eye shadow base I can use. UDPP, TFSI etc don't work on me anymore.

I use the NARS base and then a paint pot -- only way my shadows don't crease on me. The NARS base is worth every penny though - I even have 2 BU's!
Same here! I've tried almost every eye primer out there and NARS is the only one that works for me! I also use a paint pot as well!
w00t.gif

PeachTwist

Same here! I've tried almost every eye primer out there and NARS is the only one that works for me! I also use a paint pot as well!
w00t.gif
Awesome! Glad I'm not alone in this ridiculously oily-eyelid world of mine.

Have you tried MAC Paints? I'd like to try one to see if it works the same / any better than a Paint Pot because I find the PP's look a bit dry on my eyelids for some unknown reason.

itskathleeeen

Have you tried MAC Paints? I'd like to try one to see if it works the same / any better than a Paint Pot because I find the PP's look a bit dry on my eyelids for some unknown reason.
I haven't but I've heard many great things about them! The packaging seems to throw some people off though.

PeachTwist

I haven't but I've heard many great things about them! The packaging seems to throw some people off though.
They do - which I don't understand, as it's definitely more sanitary. I have a sample of Bare Canvas from the MAC store, I'll have to try it out and I'll report back to you.

v0ltagekid

Thanks for all the photos and tips, ladies. You all look beautiful and have AMAZING brows. I'll have to have a play around with the pomade!
Thank you so much ladies :)
heart.gif

My favorite part of my makeup are my brows, I just feel so different with them on lol.
yahoo.gif

@DILLIGAF where do u get that brand Parian Spirits, I prefer orange scent to vanilla too.