All Things Sephora

MsGlossy

Just checked my receipt, they were actually $1.99 each. Better. ;)
Awesome! That is better. I got 16 colors. I'm good on lip and eye liner until I take my last breath...on a few other items too, actually, but that has never stopped me from shopping.
girlhaha.gif

montREALady

I like to check them because their clearance prices are usually better than the stand alone stores. Plus, they have different items so I check both when I go to the mall since they're literally across from each other.  Awesome! That is better. I got 16 colors. I'm good on lip and eye liner until I take my last breath...on a few other items too, actually, but that has never stopped me from shopping. :haha:
You're right actually. They are inconsistent. I went to 2 regular Sephora's after, one didn't have the sale on the liners, the other did and more variety but didn't have the big shadow liners on sale for $6.99 each (regular price online too). Both didn't have the little Sephora matte primer I got for $7.99 but then it's $7 online. Can't win them all. I would too @ $1 each! I got 4, they didn't have much selection and by the time I got to the others I didn't have the patience. They had those lustre matte lipglosses on sale. I was tempted.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Hey ladies, just curious about what each of you do. Your loves list, do you use it as a running "favs" list or do you remove stuff as you buy it? I do the former.
A bit of both. It's primarily a shopping list but keep stuff that I continue to repurchase on there as well (sunscreen, primer, setting spray, etc.).

shontay07108

It took roughly 10 minutes and 2 sales associates over the phone to tell me Sephora still doesn't have UD's Quiver blush. I was about to order from Ulta but w/ 2 day shipping and that's just over $38. Couldn't do it. I can't believe I really have to sit and wait for this blush.

KiKi Kontour

Yes! Me too. If someone here mentions something, I add it to my list to check out in store.
i add to my loves list to remind myself and stay focused when i go to sephora or i'll throw em in there to look around for reviews n decide whether to continue to love or unlove and i remove as i knock off the list

Quote: Originally Posted by montREALady

Is the SB Primer Water worth the price? The small one is $16 but 1 oz and the bigger one 3.9oz at $32. Makes no sense to get the small one but may be to try...
i got mine from nordies and i cant explain why i like it. i spritz em on before and after makeup and i feel like it just seals the finish. i know most rely on mac fix plus which i like to use as a refresher but i notice i dont end up lookin oily hours later with the SB vs any other finishing or settin spray i have! My faces still moisturized as we speak and the 3.9 will last long! i pump a good 3 times to "prime" and 3 to finish! i need to research with more reviews on how others use it cuz i seen a YT vid with one chick sayin how she loved it for glitter shadows cuz it sealed it really good on her lids!

montREALady

i add to my loves list to remind myself and stay focused when i go to sephora or i'll throw em in there to look around for reviews n decide whether to continue to love or unlove and i remove as i knock off the list i got mine from nordies and i cant explain why i like it. i spritz em on before and after makeup and i feel like it just seals the finish. i know most rely on mac fix plus which i like to use as a refresher but i notice i dont end up lookin oily hours later with the SB vs any other finishing or settin spray i have! My faces still moisturized as we speak and the 3.9 will last long! i pump a good 3 times to "prime" and 3 to finish! i need to research with more reviews on how others use it cuz i seen a YT vid with one chick sayin how she loved it for glitter shadows cuz it sealed it really good on her lids!
I was in Sephora about to buy it then checked reviews and a couple blog posts while there and I guess what stuck out was people saying it was overpriced for what it does. I mean I complained about Fix+ being $22! :lol: Erinne was saying Fix+ is a finishing spray not setting so that would explain the shine you're getting. Or why I stopped using it. I swear all these years I've been treating it as both (and didn't realize there was a diff. Oops) I only started back using it because I love the smell and feel of it, it wasn't for its setting qualities. Clearly.

msvluvsmac

I was in Sephora about to buy it then checked reviews and a couple blog posts while there and I guess what stuck out was people saying it was overpriced for what it does. I mean I complained about Fix+ being $22! :lol: Erinne was saying Fix+ is a finishing spray not setting so that would explain the shine you're getting. Or why I stopped using it. I swear all these years I've been treating it as both (and didn't realize there was a diff. Oops) I only started back using it because I love the smell and feel of it, it wasn't for its setting qualities. Clearly.
I bought the MUFE Mist & Fix in the small bottle just to try it and I like it. Have u tried that spray?

msvluvsmac

It took roughly 10 minutes and 2 sales associates over the phone to tell me Sephora still doesn't have UD's Quiver blush. I was about to order from Ulta but w/ 2 day shipping and that's just over $38. Couldn't do it. I can't believe I really have to sit and wait for this blush.
Its in stock online at Nordstrom. I don't understand why they won't just put the stuff out. I thought maybe they were waiting until May 1.

montREALady

Sooooo worth it!
Sooooo worth it!
Thanks! I have a feeling I'm just going to get it.
I bought the MUFE Mist & Fix in the small bottle just to try it and I like it. Have u tried that spray?
No I haven't. Let me look it up. I've only ever used Fix+, then Avon's setting spray when I want extra staying power, which is surprisingly excellent and NYX's dewy one for the winter. I like the idea of prep, finishing and setting in one which is what Primer Water claims to be without alcohol.

shontay07108

Its in stock online at Nordstrom. I don't understand why they won't just put the stuff out. I thought maybe they were waiting until May 1.
I saw that a little while ago and ordered it. I should have it by the end of next week. I wouldn't use Mist & Fix the same way as Fix+. I'd only use Mist & Fix when your makeup is done to set it or freshen it up. It really sets things as opposed to Fix+ which, for me, helps my foundation go on smoother.

msvluvsmac

I saw that a little while ago and ordered it. I should have it by the end of next week. I wouldn't use Mist & Fix the same way as Fix+. I'd only use Mist & Fix when your makeup is done to set it or freshen it up. It really sets things as opposed to Fix+ which, for me, helps my foundation go on smoother.
I didnt realize that she was looking for a primer until after i got a chance to catch up with the thread. Oops. At the sale, one of the SAs suggested I use the MUFE spray to set everything when I'm done since I have more of a problem in the warmer weather. I really like it. Edit: By the way, glad you got Quiver. I hope you like it.

msvluvsmac

Thanks! I have a feeling I'm just going to get it. No I haven't. Let me look it up. I've only ever used Fix+, then Avon's setting spray when I want extra staying power, which is surprisingly excellent and NYX's dewy one for the winter. I like the idea of prep, finishing and setting in one which is what Primer Water claims to be without alcohol.
I responded to you before I got a chance to catch up with the thread not realizing you're looking for a primer. I use the MUFE spray to set my makeup. It works really good.

Yazmin

Hey ladies, just curious about what each of you do. Your loves list, do you use it as a running "favs" list or do you remove stuff as you buy it? I do the former.

I use it as my To Buy list. I've never viewed it any other way, so it's interesting to hear how other people use it.
I use mine for a few staples I know I'll repurchase, but mostly for items I want to buy. I also keep any LE items that may go out of stock and disappear from the site altogether. By keeping them in the loves list, it's easier to keep tabs on it an item comes back in stock when the in-stock email option is not an option.

shontay07108

I remove items as I buy them. I feel a sense of accomplishment when the page is empty or near empty.

TwiggyPop

A bit of both. It's primarily a shopping list but keep stuff that I continue to repurchase on there as well (sunscreen, primer, setting spray, etc.). 
That's what I do too. If I hear of something on here I want to try I add it to my loves list until I'm ready to buy. If I'm not wowed by it I'll delete it. I always keep my definite loves on there.

DILLIGAF

I use it as a wishlist and as I purchase I take items off.

I went to Sephora today and the following things came off my loves list.

• Sephora Collection Blush in Hot Flush: could be a NARS Taj Mahal dupe ladies!!!!
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured in Topaz:
    eyelove.gif
  • Clinque Cheek Pop in Cola
  • UD Shadow in Backfire.
  • UD Shadow in Lounge: To all the people saying that Lounge is a MAC Club dupe. SHADDAP!!! It's prettier than Club! It's Club on crack!!!!