Bitch Slap Cosmetics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyuubified

I'm no conservative and while I indulge in the occasional profanity, I have to agree the name is off putting. It seems like they're trying too hard to seem aloof, cold, and, simply put... bitches. I mean, I can understand Too Faced or Scandalous as a name of a company, but "Bitch Slap Cosmetics" is just taking it a step further- and failing. It seems like they're trying to hard to be "trendy", and that really is an unappealing trait. I know I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, I can't help but do that in this case. So, despite it's vibrant colors, and products with a lot of potential, this is just something I am going to have to skip.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuubified
I'm no conservative and while I indulge in the occasional profanity, I have to agree the name is off putting. It seems like they're trying too hard to seem aloof, cold, and, simply put... bitches. I mean, I can understand Too Faced or Scandalous as a name of a company, but "Bitch Slap Cosmetics" is just taking it a step further- and failing. It seems like they're trying to hard to be "trendy", and that really is an unappealing trait. I know I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, I can't help but do that in this case. So, despite it's vibrant colors, and products with a lot of potential, this is just something I am going to have to skip.

I agree with the whole name thing. I actually take it a step further as I find the name to be downright offensive and degrading.

Bitch slap cosmetics? More like, "Bitch slapp"ed on a label and called it her own cosmetics line...

gabi03

I love bright colors (minus the drag look) and this would be a line i would probably buy from BUT i curse like a sailor and the name itself is enough for me to say "i'll pass"

White trash bitch, snobby bitch, fake bitch???? Really?

chocolategoddes

Whoa. I didn't know "The Master of Makeup" chick was the actual owner of Bitch Slap.
She's so talented. I love her style of makeup, even if it is more of the drag queen side.

ClaireAvril

i hate the name.
i really do. so i won't even check out their website. Won't even give the company a second thought.
i'm always one for being innovative or creative
but bitch slap.. thats just trying to push the envelope so hard that its annoying. blah. go away.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
White trash bitch, snobby bitch, fake bitch???? Really?

Wow, I didn't realize those were actual names for some of the products! Psycho Bitch, Jealous Bitch, Crazy Bitch, Evil Bitch, Fake Bitch, White Trash Bitch, One Beat Bitch, BRUISED BITCH!!!!!!!

BRUISED BITCH????!!!!!

By the way, I think it's hilarious that the title of the myspace page says:
Quote:
REMEMBER GUYS IF MY PAINTWHEELS DON'T SAY ""BITCH SLAP COSMETICS ""THEN YOU GOT THE WRONG ONE!!!

haaaa.

shyste

Been seeing this on YT as well and agree with pp..def don't plan on buying any of this....
nope.gif

benzito_714

i've been called many a bitch (black bitch, big nosed bitch, nappy headed bitch, stupid bitch, etc) in my day so i don't need this make-up validating my bitch-ness.
beside i don't support or pay second thought to anything with bitch-slapped, pimping, pimped-out, or anything else within those parameters.
moving on to the next...

Fataliya

Wouldn't it be easier, if instead of buying "Scandalous" or "Bitch Slap", people just purchased through Lady Burd, their supplier??

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
Wouldn't it be easier, if instead of buying "Scandalous" or "Bitch Slap", people just purchased through Lady Burd, their supplier??

Not really.... LadyBurd is a wholesaler, so unless you have a tax id number and can buy in bulk, they likely will not sell to you.

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Not really.... LadyBurd is a wholesaler, so unless you have a tax id number and can buy in bulk, they likely will not sell to you.

Ahhh, gotcha. I missed the part about LB being a wholesaler, lol.

lipshock

I made an order on the 5th of this month (because I really wanted to try the paint wheels) and still haven't received anything -- not even an email or anything. Ugh, this type of customer service is REALLY off putting.

I kind of just want to send an email requesting my money back.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
I made an order on the 5th of this month (because I really wanted to try the paint wheels) and still haven't received anything -- not even an email or anything. Ugh, this type of customer service is REALLY off putting.

I kind of just want to send an email requesting my money back.

Sounds like those girls need a bitch slap.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Sounds like those girls need a bitch slap.

Someone bury me now.
lol.gif

rbella

I think this looks pretty ridiculous. And, I would venture out to say that if their products are of the same quality as their advertising, then it's probably not for me. I'm all for joking around, but don't screw with my makeup.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Whats with them using the word Bitch so much?

Thats going to turn off a lot of potential customers. I'm no stranger to cursing but I feel you really limit your market when you start publicizing with a name like that.

Besides, they uses the same supplier that Scandalous does. They aren't using their own products that they created, they are just reselling products from a supplier with the "Bitch Slap" name on them

Yeah they just "slapped" on a "bitchin'" name and called it a day I guess.

Hur hur. I made a funneee.
lol.gif

BTW the self-ingratiating monikers are off putting. Makeup Artist Extraordinaire or Master of Makeup? Where's their slice of humble pie?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
BTW the self-ingratiating monikers are off putting. Makeup Artist Extraordinaire or Master of Makeup? Where's their slice of humble pie?

You know, that never really bothered me. I have seen a lot of the looks that Kathy (the owner) has done and she really is a master of makeup. I was very impressed. Who knows maybe someone give her that name and it stuck as with Queen of Blending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts