Bitch Slap Cosmetics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACandie2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I agree with the whole name thing. I actually take it a step further as I find the name to be downright offensive and degrading.

Bitch slap cosmetics? More like, "Bitch slapp"ed on a label and called it her own cosmetics line...

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

darklocke

I ordered two paint wheels from Bitch Slap Cosmetics on March 17th, after seeing some LOTD-pictures by Tanda (on YouTube). I instantly fell in love with the incredible bright colors, and I had to try them. I got an e-mail the next day telling me that my order was shipped, and March 24th (yesterday) they arrived.

Just to avoid any misunderstandings, I had them ship to my US-address instead of my norwegian, to save shipping and time.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I have seen a lot of the looks that Kathy (the owner) has done and she really is a master of makeup. I was very impressed.

I agree. Some of her stuff is amazing.
But it's definitely on the more dramatic side. For the longest time, I thought she was a drag queen...

concertina

I watched that last video and was magically transported to a gay club in 1999....at least, thats what it felt like.
winks.gif

I'm intrigued, but not enough to be the first to purchase.
tong.gif

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Wow, I didn't realize those were actual names for some of the products! Psycho Bitch, Jealous Bitch, Crazy Bitch, Evil Bitch, Fake Bitch, White Trash Bitch, One Beat Bitch, BRUISED BITCH!!!!!!!

BRUISED BITCH????!!!!!

Okay, I responded before reading all the responses or visiting the page; just based on the videos posted. I will NEVER FUCKING BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE. On what fucking planet is it okay to joke about violence against women?!

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
On what fucking planet is it okay to joke about violence against women?!

Why does it have to be about violence against women? Why can't it be an accidental bruise? I've bruised my arm from rubbing it against a steel pipe. Or maybe a result from playing/fooling around? It's just a name.

blindpassion

^ It may be just a name but you have to consider all the victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse, violence to their person, who take offense to this.

Its easy to sit there and say that its not offensive, but put yourself in someone elses shoes who has had that type of experience.

Or all the women who have been in an argument with someone and someone has thrown out an insult and called them a "fake bitch". Words can hurt.

And personally, I would never want to put make-up on that was marketed to "fake bitches."

MissResha

yea and i seriously doubt its a "Bruised Bitch" who bumped into a wall. the name of the line is already violent lol. "bitch slap". c'mon...

darklocke

I just think you're taking it too serious, but hey.. that's just my opinion.

blindpassion:
I've taken my share of physical abuse, believe me - I'm from a small "town" where being "half bred" and physically handicapped wasn't cool enough for people my age.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
I ordered two paint wheels from Bitch Slap Cosmetics on March 17th, after seeing some LOTD-pictures by Tanda (on YouTube). I instantly fell in love with the incredible bright colors, and I had to try them. I got an e-mail the next day telling me that my order was shipped, and March 24th (yesterday) they arrived.

Just to avoid any misunderstandings, I had them ship to my US-address instead of my norwegian, to save shipping and time.

Wow, seriously?!
angry.gif
And you're international?

I ordered on March 5th and have received nothing. I emailed and have yet to get a response.

That's it, I'm sending an email to request a refund.

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
Why does it have to be about violence against women? Why can't it be an accidental bruise? I've bruised my arm from rubbing it against a steel pipe. Or maybe a result from playing/fooling around? It's just a name.

Read the description on the website. Its not 'just a name'.

You can chose to downplay the physical violence you've seen/experienced; thats fine. But don't go out of your way to *NOT* see inappropriateness when its blatantly displayed.

MissResha

well me personally, im not offended by the name at all. i just think its dumb. like, for example...i wouldn't buy "Hot Pussy Cosmetics" just because they have super pigmentation, and had eyeshadows by the name of "yeast infection white, labia pink, clitoral coral, piss yellow, menstrual muave" etc...names like that are really signs of a product/company that will do anything to get attention and i'm not impressed. i dont really give a shit about the line at the end of the day, i just think the name is ridiculous and really childish. besides, if its a lady burd product, i'd rather buy it nameless than to have something called "bitch slap" next to my MAC, NARS, NYX, ELF, etc lol. just my 2.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
well me personally, im not offended by the name at all. i just think its dumb. like, for example...i wouldn't buy "Hot Pussy Cosmetics" just because they have super pigmentation, and had eyeshadows by the name of "yeast infection white, labia pink, clitoral coral, piss yellow, menstrual muave" etc...names like that are really signs of a product/company that will do anything to get attention and i'm not impressed. i dont really give a shit about the line at the end of the day, i just think the name is ridiculous and really childish. besides, if its a lady burd product, i'd rather buy it nameless than to have something called "bitch slap" next to my MAC, NARS, NYX, ELF, etc lol. just my 2.

O_O

I don't know what to say.
GENIUS!

ETA: But you do make a good point. It's just a pathetic attempt to seem edgy.

lipshock

Quote:

LMAO.

Resha, you are a fool.
th_LMAO.gif

hawaii02

Quote:

Wow, clitoral coral really made me
th_LMAO.gif
But, interesting point nonetheless!

nebbish

I dig the colors & I totally agree with the name being totally trashy... But about 90% of the girls in that bottom video belong in BadMakeup... I mean, SRSLY.

Has anyone tried this stuff yet?

SparklingWaves

I listened to the song playing on the site. If I heard it correctly, it stated - "Slap that Bitch, I am your Bitch, and Slap your Bitch." There was a pigment titled "One Beat Bitch" and the "Bruised Bitch" eyeshadow.

The philosophy: "all about Bringing out the Bitch in you and making it Fierce!... Prepare to be Bitch Slapped!"

I don't find using this word, Bitch, repeatedly in the line with violent terms attached like mantras extremely impressive to say the least.

I do like the colors, but I would not like my skin being stained. Thinking---->Gee, does your skin being stained from the product equal to some sort of concept of a mark from the creator/"Bitch Slapped"? Um, no thanks.

IDontKnowMomo

The name doesn't bother me, but I do think it will turn some people away, obviously.
I do like the owners work, but I think it's a little ridiculous to sell stuff from Ladyburd then get worked up over people selling the same products and claim that you were the first one to sell them and that only yours are authentic.
If people are silly enough to buy it though, that's their fault.
If I liked a product and if the company wasn't shady, I would buy it regardless of the name.

ShugAvery2001

bitch is used loosely in the gay/tranny sub culture

I think that's the angle their working. I don't think they gave much thought into the negative connotations of the word. Which is a pretty typical thing when it comes to using any epithet (b*tch, n*gga, sp*c, cr*cka) etc.

It all depends who and how the word is being usednow if this was Snoop Dog or say Tommy Lee promoting a product called "bitch slap" then you know.. you might be more inclined to take it the wrong way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts