Blue Storm discussion

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Just saw the swatches for this entire collection and this whole collection is a let down - totally. These colours just arent me, and I dont think they are unique anyway.... I will be spending my $ on Smoke Signals methinks... especially that quad and the piggie, looks hot!

Oohhh, where did you see swatches? What did the Kohl Power look like?

xbrookecorex

Re: MAC - Blue Storm - August 07

1804-2.jpg

1804-3.jpg

1804-4.jpg

From here: http://www.cosmoty.de/news/1804/

which is the brightest of the blues (2nd down on the right)? To me the descriptions don't really match the shadows (although it could just be my screen). To me the top left one looks purple rather than blue :S

AudreyNicole

Anyone know how the Mystery kohl power compares to Jealous kohl power with McQueen? There descriptions are similar... do I need both?

kuuipo1207

Woohoo!!! I want everything...except the nail polishes. I'm not a big nail polish fan anyhow. But I'm excited for everything else!
greengrin.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuipo1207
Woohoo!!! I want everything...except the nail polishes. I'm not a big nail polish fan anyhow. But I'm excited for everything else!
greengrin.gif

Yep, same here. Skipping the nailpolishes and the dark purple lipglass, but other than that, I want it ALL. I am SO excited for the eyeshadows!
clap.gif

suggrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Yep, same here. Skipping the nailpolishes and the dark purple lipglass, but other than that, I want it ALL.

Aww, I liked two of the three new nail polishes from Blue Storm and Smoke Signals! And the dark purple lipglass (which reminded me of one of the nail polishes) is really the only one that sparked my interest! Whirlwind looked like a bright, jewel-toned teal-y blue with loads of shimmer. I didn't see any green or purple pearl, but I didn't look very close. And Wildfire (from Smoke Signals) looked like a slightly darker, slightly plummier version of Atmospheric l/g.
clap.gif
It wasn't black!

Rainy Day just looked like a lighter silvery-er version on Zoya's Freja. Didn't see the lilac pearl. My SIL tried the tip of a kohl power and it was NOT soft.
ssad.gif
Stormwatch looked gorgeous, and Cloudburst did have blue reflects. Hope they show up on the lid!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggrr
Aww, I liked two of the three new nail polishes from Blue Storm and Smoke Signals! And the dark purple lipglass (which reminded me of one of the nail polishes) is really the only one that sparked my interest! Whirlwind looked like a bright, jewel-toned teal-y blue with loads of shimmer. I didn't see any green or purple pearl, but I didn't look very close. And Wildfire (from Smoke Signals) looked like a slightly darker, slightly plummier version of Atmospheric l/g.
clap.gif
It wasn't black!

Rainy Day just looked like a lighter silvery-er version on Zoya's Freja. Didn't see the lilac pearl. My SIL tried the tip of a kohl power and it was NOT soft.
ssad.gif
Stormwatch looked gorgeous, and Cloudburst did have blue reflects. Hope they show up on the lid!

Well, maybe I will take a look at the polishes anyway... I am a n/p junkie too but I was trying to save pennies since I want so much from these collections... So your SIL tried the kohl powers huh? Were the reflects in them obvious? Like could you see more than black when it was swatched? If I end up passing on the kohl powers, that will mean money for the nail polish!
graucho.gif

suggrr

Quote:
Well, maybe I will take a look at the polishes anyway... I am a n/p junkie too but I was trying to save pennies since I want so much from these collections... So your SIL tried the kohl powers huh? Were the reflects in them obvious? Like could you see more than black when it was swatched? If I end up passing on the kohl powers, that will mean money for the nail polish!
graucho.gif

Definitely take a look at the polishes! While the purple one doesn't strike me as particularly unique, the blue is just absolutely gorgeous (if you're comfortable with blues!) I thought I was getting a little burned out on polish, but the blue absolutely revived my interest in new colors.

SIL swiped a kohl power on her fingertip, and it looked like two parallel black-ish (though not blackout black) lines with some gray in between them. :confused: No reflects visible, though she may have just picked up the only pencil without them. I don't know if she didn't press down hard enough or what to get the k/p to show up evenly, but for my money and inexperience, I'd need a pencil that was a little softer and didn't require a quite a bit of pressure to go on smoothly. I saw a swatch on paper of the black k/p with red reflects, and it was to die for! You could definitely see the reflects!! But after SIL's experience, I do wonder if the reflects will be as visible on the eye. The swatcher may have used more pressure on the paper than SIL did on her finger, and maybe paper makes it easier to see the reflects versus an eyelid. I'm guessing that folks will be able to make these pencils work for them, but I'm probably going to pass on them. I'm just too much of a klutz!

BeatrixKiddo

I'm definatly getting the Black, Teal, and Grey e/s - & now saving money since those are lipglass - what a bummer I wanted Lighting! Looks like I'll pass on Mystery as well, from the picture I can get a teal dupe from Prestige *drug store line*, that doesn't look black to me at all? I was shooting for Feline yet now that the MAC girlie said they are not WP what's the use in one more black liner, I have backups of Engraved...

melliquor

I think I am going to pass on maybe 4 of the eyeshadows and just get either Storm Watch or Thunder Rich. Again these are so similiar to other colours that I have. I am not even sure if i will get them.

I am really interested in the Kohl Powers though. I might get both of those. I also want the purple l/g but will have to wait to see that in person.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixKiddo
I'm definatly getting the Black, Teal, and Grey e/s - & now saving money since those are lipglass - what a bummer I wanted Lighting! Looks like I'll pass on Mystery as well, from the picture I can get a teal dupe from Prestige *drug store line*, that doesn't look black to me at all? I was shooting for Feline yet now that the MAC girlie said they are not WP what's the use in one more black liner, I have backups of Engraved...

Where did you see pics of Mystery?

xIxSkyDancerxIx

*sniff sniff..

I WANT ALLLL!!!!!!!!

I have a bunch of coins I've saved up and I have a "strange feeling" it's all going to go to this collection

lethaldesign

Quote:
Where did you see pics of Mystery?

There is a small photo of the Kohl Powers from Blue Storm here:

http://www.mac-cosmetic-boutique.com/page35.htm

I definitely don't see any black in Mystery, as indicated by the description. Still a really pretty teal though...

But whats this about them not being waterproof??? Boo
ssad.gif

glittergoddess27

Thankfully I am not all hot and bothered over these collections either,... I might check out the teal and the blue but I think I will put the money I had budgeted for this collection into the MAC for McQueen piggy bank. That is the one that will kill me and right before Holiday too,... sigghhhhhhhh,.. it never ends does it??

eowyn797

i definitely only want Storm Watch and maybe Mystery...and the pigment from Smoke Signals! i'm not really feeling much else from either of these collections...