Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

chloecat

I bought the Scotch on the Rocks Black Scotch liner, and the Warm Glow palette. They suck! The liner is so dry and the pretty color in the jar doesn't translate onto the eye well. The palette is the best compact she's ever done, the croco, but the shadows are awful!!!! The pigmentation sucks. I can't believe I have to return both. I am so bummed. The Pink Glow and Bronze Glow shimmer powders are so pretty though. I will keep those.

Monsy

I only got scotch on the rocks eyeliner I am gonna play with it today. Hopefully it's not so bad

purplerinne

OMG guys i am SO sad about Pink Glow!! I swatched it in the store and it was beautiful but when I put it on my face this morning it looked like that chick from Frozen pooped on my face!!!! anyone else have this? Maybe I used the wrong brush...i used a duo fibre mac 131 (i think that's the number)...but ya, no color all glitter =(

Monsy

I bought the Scotch on the Rocks Black Scotch liner, and the Warm Glow palette. They suck! The liner is so dry and the pretty color in the jar doesn't translate onto the eye well. The palette is the best compact she's ever done, the croco, but the shadows are awful!!!! The pigmentation sucks. I can't believe I have to return both. I am so bummed. The Pink Glow and Bronze Glow shimmer powders are so pretty though. I will keep those.
you probably got a bad one

i just tried mine and it's VERY creamy and super pigmented

will post swatch!

elegant-one

OMG guys i am SO sad about Pink Glow!! I swatched it in the store and it was beautiful but when I put it on my face this morning it looked like that chick from Frozen pooped on my face!!!! anyone else have this? Maybe I used the wrong brush...i used a duo fibre mac 131 (i think that's the number)...but ya, no color all glitter =(
So sad.......
girlhaha.gif
Yep, thats how I felt about it & sent it back immediately. What a disappointment it is.

chloecat

Hmmmm, well darn. I guess I did get a bad one. I usually have good luck with my BB gel liners. I only had one other one that was dry and that was Denim Ink from a few years ago. I bought mine in the store, so maybe I will send this back and get Nordstrom.com to exchange it from their supply. Did you happen to check out the Warm Glow palette in the croco packaging? The tester they had out felt smooth and was pigmented. The one I bought was dry and hard.

purplerinne

So sad.......
girlhaha.gif
Yep, thats how I felt about it & sent it back immediately. What a disappointment it is.
It swatches beautifully and then...nothing appeared on my skin except sparkle. i had to buff it out before going to work. It looked like i came from a rave!

Monsy

Hmmmm, well darn. I guess I did get a bad one. I usually have good luck with my BB gel liners. I only had one other one that was dry and that was Denim Ink from a few years ago. I bought mine in the store, so maybe I will send this back and get Nordstrom.com to exchange it from their supply. Did you happen to check out the Warm Glow palette in the croco packaging? The tester they had out felt smooth and was pigmented. The one I bought was dry and hard.
This is my first BB gel eyeliner so I can't really compare to other ones. I usually use mac fluidlines and BB is as good at least this one.
return yours and get another one

I haven't checked anything in person and I never buy BB LE palettes because they suck. poor pigment, fallout... nice to look at and that's all

beautyjunkie12

I was able to swatch Copper Diamond and Sandstone in stores today... they're both so lovely. I'm hoping to compare both CD and the Bronze Glow highlighter sometime this weekend.
Take a pass on the CD highlighter from the Holiday collection. There is an overspray that is quite shimmery but once you get past that its not so pretty and reminds me more of matte chalky eyeshadow than a highlighter. Maybe I just have a dud but just wanted to give you a heads up warning to watch out with the Dior.

elegant-one

I LOVE the bb gel liners. I use the Espresso ALL the time. I did get one of the gel liners from NM one time & it was stiff & dry so they sent me another one & it was fine. So, it does happen.

xfarrax

That gel liner looks fab, I got the chocolate trio and I think this would go well with those. This is being added to my list :D that swatch sold me !

smallestkitten

I feel this way about every single Bobbi eye palette. Like, all of them. I swatched some single shadows the other day and was surprised to find they're actually good, haha. But I can't remember the last time there was a Bobbi palette that was actually worth the money.

(I still want to buy them all because I loooove love love the packaging, but I try to restrain myself)

Latest posts