Chanel Le Blanc Collection 2012

QueenOfSnark

Rouge Deluxe has some updated photos of the collection up. The eyeliner looks like it could be a good waterline brightener and that blush...that blush! It looks much more orange in the promo pic though, which makes me wonder how it'll compare to Reflex, Candy, and the upcoming Malice. Chanel's seriously rolling out the coral this year, which I have zero complaints about.
heart.gif

QueenOfSnark

^It's coming out with the new Vitalumiere compact (Hydra? I think it was an Asia-exclusive before) in March. Pink Explosion's being repromoted with it, along with another blush called Tumulte. Since Chanel is MUCH more accurate color-wise with their pamplets this year Malice is a deep orange (almost a burnt coral), and Tumulte is lighter than PE (almost like Pink Cloud). I had almost forgot about all these, which makes me wonder if my Horizon's going to get much usage after March.
lol.gif

Miss QQ

I saw this collection and everything is very beautiful! I wasn't expecting like everything and I'm surprised. There is a LE loose powder that is shimmery and white, and when applied it has a brightening effect. I'm not sure how shimmery it will be on the face but the texture is very fine and I'm pretty sure I'll cave since it's LE. So I didn't get Superstition and Charme RC in the spring collection, because they are released in this collection. I love Charme, and Superstition looks like a great nude. The two Aqualumiere glosses are the matching colours of the RCs, and I love them!

Now to the eyeshadows. The Illusion d'ombre is stunning, an icy cool mint just like the description. The quad is a gorgeous nude, all the colours are pigmented and there isn't any shade that is glittery and chunky. It's a great neutral palette like Prelude but brown, and it isn't warm like Spices or peachy like Eclosion. The blush is pigmented and has slight shimmers like all baked JCs. It is more coral than Horizon. I swatched them side by side and Horizon is more pink and has a shine while this has shimmers. I'm thinking if the blush will turn orange on me.

There are also bases and foundation but I didn't look at them yet. The concealer comes in 2 shades, 10 and 20, and in a wand. It feels smooth and moist. Overall, I love the entire collection, and I may end up with all the makeup items, but my head is telling me I should not buy everything.

QueenOfSnark

If Le Blanc's out where you are Miss QQ I'll have to nag my friend in HK to see if it's out there as well, hehe. Thanks for the review! The powder sounds interesting, but white + shimmery = big NO for me. I'm really, REALLY wanting the blush though. I wonder how it'll compare to Malice being released here in March? And when you say it's more coral than Horizon do you mean the striped Horizon blush or the Horizon JC?

I have more neutral shadows than any sane person needs, so I'll pass on the quad.

I have one of the brightening bases in 20 - Mimosa. It's yellow, but it's a soft yellow rather than the corn yellow of KGD's foundation color corrector. The base is supposed to brighten and reduce redness. It comes in a bottle similar to the regular Base Lumiere. It's runnier than Base Lumiere, and you have to shake it before use, but I think that's because of the SPF in it (which Base Lumiere lacks). Been using it the past two days, and I have to say it works REALLY well with my skin tone and Perfection Lumiere. I was alarmed at first by how little the bottle is but you need very little and it spreads well. There's definitely some golden shimmer to it, but it's quite subtle (unlike, say, a NARS luminizer). My skin's a bit white at first but I wait 5-10 minutes after applying before I apply my foundation. I can't say my skin looks particularly brighter/more luminous but it does have a slight dewy effect, my redness is definitely gone, and my foundation and blush stay on longer and stronger despite my oily skin.

As for the Le Blanc skincare...I had to chuck it all away, I was getting nasty red zits from it.
ssad.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Sorry the skincare gave you zits, but I'm sure you can find products from other brands that evens and brightens the skin without giving you problems. Thanks for the review of the base! I've used a small sample of it before and liked it, but not enough to purchase one. I was refering to the Horizon blush from Spring. Now that you mentioned it, I wonder how Malice compares to it too.

I left out one item, the Beige Clair Stylo Yeux Waterproof eyeliner. I'm not sure if it is a repromote, and have not seen it before, but I loved it when I swatched it. I hope it stays on my waterline. I have Clair Le Crayon Khol which brightens my eyes when I put it on my waterline but it doesn't last. I haven't bought anything, since all are perm except for the loose powder. I want the eyeliner, the pink Aqualumiere gloss and the Illusion d'ombre for sure, and everything else is really nice to have but it will be bad for my wallet.

QueenOfSnark

So all the items are perm except the loose powder? Nice. I can take my time with this collection then. Still crossing my fingers it comes out here for Nordies Anniversary though.

Miss QQ

Yes, that's what the SA told me. I hope it comes out for Nordies Anniversary too, so you ladies can all look at it!

Miss QQ

Some pics I managed to take. I thought I'll zoom in on the blush and quad since they may be what some of you are more interested in. I forgot to take the Illusion d'ombre, its very pretty and I really like it. I like the Aqualumiere glosses too!

I have the compact foundation from 2009 but it is rather cakey on me. I'm not sure if the formula has improved. I'm thinking of getting the concealer, but I'm concerned that the wand tip will be dirty as I like to apply it directly on my face.

Bonitinha

Love the pics MissQQ. Love the looks of the quad, JC and glosses! I can't remember if you already described the blush? Does it swatch pinky peachy? Curious as to how it compares to Espeigle. I love summer neutrals -- so pretty.

Winthrop44

Beautiful pics Miss QQ - thanks so much! Did you decide to get the quad or blush, or did you decide the blush would be too orangey like you mentioned? The quad ($90.99 + shipping), Illusion d'Ombre ($54.90 + shipping) and blush ($70.99 + shipping) are all on Ebay but for high prices.

Miss QQ

winthrop - I think the ebay prices are high. They are in USD? The quad is about S$87, not very sure as the price keeps increasing every year. I have not bought the quad and blush and yes, I think the blush may turn orange on me, especially over foundation.

Michelle - The blush is coral, I think it may be closest to In Love but FdL is more pink. It is more coral than Horizon, the spring blush, and not peachy like Espiegle.