Charlotte Tilbury Makeup...

ashievic

I am sooooo jealous. Enjoy over the long weekend!!!!! BG said the product was not in the store yet, even in the stock room waiting to go out. I am interesting in the eyeshadows. The edger ones look really cool!

NYCBeautyJunkie

My goodies came today! I ordered:

Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette Color Coded Eyeshadow in The Dolce Vita
Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Pop & Swish Blusher in The Climax and S*x On Fire
Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow Soft Focus Beauty Flash
Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Youth Boosting Foundation SPF 15
Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt Brush

I'm SO happy with EVERYTHING, except for the foundation, which is too light for me (it can work when I get paler in the winter) however, I love the formula so I may make it work by mixing my MUFE chromatic mix drops in. The eyeshadow and blushes are wonderfully pigmented and I'm IN LOVE with the Wonder Glow. The brush also feels amazing.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Uhhhh, Wonder Glow is EVERYTHING. Blows my previous 'luminizing foundation primer' Burberry Fresh Glow out of the water. I will be using it under foundation, over foundation, alone... UGH! The Climax is a gorgeous, warm bronzey blush shade on me, and the 'pop' accent in the center adds a soft, coral pink glow. Dolce Vita is a beautiful quad (I love colors like this; my favorite quads EVER are Burberry's Dark Spice and Guerlain's Turandot) with amazing pigmentation and texture.

Did I mention the Powder & Sculpt brush is a boss? Picks up powder very easily, but deposits and blends it out seamlessly. Fits into the hollow of my cheeks without effort.

It's taking so much effort and restraint to not order a whole slew of more products... so far, I'm REALLY happy!

pbpink

Amazing!! If anyone is worried about getting what they want, you can order from the UK Net-a-Porter site with free international shipping (and free returns) right now. The prices are lower than indicated because they deduct VAT. I got my package in 2 days (I live in southwestern US). I was shocked! Unfortunately they don't have the Filmstars on the Go palettes yet. I hope Nordstrom will have them come September.
do they charge your cards in pounds? did you get a foreign transaction fee on your card? thx!!

pbpink

Uhhhh, Wonder Glow is EVERYTHING. Blows my previous 'luminizing foundation primer' Burberry Fresh Glow out of the water. I will be using it under foundation, over foundation, alone... UGH! The Climax is a gorgeous, warm bronzey blush shade on me, and the 'pop' accent in the center adds a soft, coral pink glow. Dolce Vita is a beautiful quad (I love colors like this; my favorite quads EVER are Burberry's Dark Spice and Guerlain's Turandot) with amazing pigmentation and texture.

Did I mention the Powder & Sculpt brush is a boss? Picks up powder very easily, but deposits and blends it out seamlessly. Fits into the hollow of my cheeks without effort.

It's taking so much effort and restraint to not order a whole slew of more products... so far, I'm REALLY happy!
you are killing me! so excited for this! i ordered more TF from NM during last hour of gift card so i bought the new TF foundation, have a feeling i will prefer CT's - was it only color on CT you did not like, have your tried new TF to compare? thx doll!

if i have TF shade+illuminate, both TF new duos, Chanel universal bronze cream, les beiges as bronzer and endless bronzers from guerlain (most are the huge LE's plus 2 smaller sized regular ones) is there a need for sculpt + glow? i love the package but if it served a different purpose i could justify but i prob don't need right??

must make an order now, need magic, wonder glow + 3 in 1 balm! what else? any recs?

NYCBeautyJunkie

you are killing me! so excited for this! i ordered more TF from NM during last hour of gift card so i bought the new TF foundation, have a feeling i will prefer CT's - was it only color on CT you did not like, have your tried new TF to compare? thx doll!

if i have TF shade+illuminate, both TF new duos, Chanel universal bronze cream, les beiges as bronzer and endless bronzers from guerlain (most are the huge LE's plus 2 smaller sized regular ones) is there a need for sculpt + glow? i love the package but if it served a different purpose i could justify but i prob don't need right??

must make an order now, need magic, wonder glow + 3 in 1 balm! what else? any recs?
I think it all depends on what you feel you need or what kind of colors/items you already have, but considering what you've recently hauled from TF (who's products are TDF), you may not need much else.

In regards to how they charge your card, I converted the pounds to USD currency, and that's what I was charged. :) No extra fees were added, they didn't charge any taxes or duties.

pbpink

I think it all depends on what you feel you need or what kind of colors/items you already have, but considering what you've recently hauled from TF (who's products are TDF), you may not need much else.

In regards to how they charge your card, I converted the pounds to USD currency, and that's what I was charged. :) No extra fees were added, they didn't charge any taxes or duties.
i am sure i will need sculpt/glow when i run out of at least one of the others!! ha! i also wonder if it will be dark enough for me anyway!

i am on site now, cart ready to go, going to get the wonder glow + 3 in 1 balm! so when you checked out it charged in pounds to your card? i know amex charges a foreign transaction fee sometimes…..thx sweetie!

peanut

do they charge your cards in pounds? did you get a foreign transaction fee on your card? thx!!
Yes, I believe it was charged in pounds, and there was a small foreign transaction fee. My order was for $103, and the transaction fee was $3. HTH

Edited to add that I highly recommend the foundation and concealer. The only product I didn't like was the eyelash curler.

pbpink

Yes, I believe it was charged in pounds, and there was a small foreign transaction fee. My order was for $103, and the transaction fee was $3. HTH
ok perfect! i got hit when i ordered a scarf from Australia last year, not only was scarf double cost here almost (all my fault, was not paying attention) then my card charged a $50 fee, was a much larger purchase

thanks!

pbpink

the comments here are unreal + kinda rude!!

http://www.temptalia.com/charlotte-tilbury-magic-cream-pre-order-access-temptalia-readers#comments

anyway, i have done my own research and while i am not a scientist, it contains great ingredients again when i compare to chanel sublimage, which is triple the price or more, chanel could not hold a candle to this, i think it will just be who likes the cream, is it too thick like any other cream! for a high end cream coming in at under $100 is not crazy, the cheapest cream i can think of not drug store is like bobbi brown and hers is around $60, then clinque too but i don't know prices!! even drugstore creams are not cheap, i pad like $30 for a teeny tiny amount of neutrogena, yunno??

hitchcockblonde

Someone mentioned a holiday collection. I'd like to know more about that.
There are some holiday sneak peeks here:

http://www.milkteef.com/2014/06/sneak-peek-charlotte-tilbury-supermodel.html

The palette. There are also some swatches of the matte revolution lipsticks in the link. I'm looking forward to Love Liberty.

And here are a box of mini lipstick charms:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2014/07/charlotte-tilbury-lipstick-charms.html

Definitely want to pick these up. I hope all of this comes to US.

pbpink

The palette. There are also some swatches of the matte revolution lipsticks in the link. I'm looking forward to Love Liberty.

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2014/07/charlotte-tilbury-lipstick-charms.html

wowie! i think it will be available to us in USA b/c her website will be available to us - i would hope that she will offer there if not at stores here! british beauty blogger also has a youtube channel and showed these, so cute!

her packaging is fantastic!

ashievic

You can pre-order any of the Tilbury at Bergdorf Goodman right now. Eventually it will be carried by most upper end stores. You must call the actual store. My personnel shopper is Vanessa at 212-872-8809. She is able to handle all lines. Makes my life easier. Hope this helps

ashievic

Her email address is: [email protected]

When I email her, I also leave a voice message. Since sometimes emails get stuck in her spam. Vanessa went to a special class last Friday for this entire line. Very knowledgable, plus she can chase down any other stuff I want as in TF, YSL, Chanel, whatever. Super nice lady, you will enjoy working with her.

NYCBeautyJunkie

You can pre-order any of the Tilbury at Bergdorf Goodman right now. Eventually it will be carried by most upper end stores. You must call the actual store. My personnel shopper is Vanessa at 212-872-8809. She is able to handle all lines. Makes my life easier. Hope this helps
Do you know if the line will be in store by next week or in October like some (musings of a muse to be exact) blogs have said? I want to know if I should order online during Nordstroms launch or hold off and stop by the store.

ashievic

I was told 9/2, avoid the line call and/or email Vanessa. I could be wrong. But the class for BG employee's was this past Friday. The products were there to try out for the employee's. I have found getting info directly from the store is better then a blog in England. Nothing against anyone. Think of TF release. Blog owners claimed it would be released in late Sept.

ashievic

When I spoke to Vanessa, prior to the class. I was told I could reserve what I wanted. I have issues with Nordstroms shipping. They at times ship right away, other times it will take weeks. But the money sure is zapped out of my bank account. I was interested in the darkest lipstick can't remember the name....I was sent actual photos of product on Vanessa. It seemed to me to resemble Roxo from the recent MAC release this summer. Lovely shade, but it didn't rock my boat. If all else fails when you call BG ask for the cosmetic manager for the store, not specific line for latest info. I find the customer service at NM and BG beyond words. Nordstroms sucks, at least my experience. I use a personnel shopper since they can keep track of all my crazy wants in the latest makeup world. Plus they can also track down my other passion....shoes. They will also get you good size samples of products that the SA are at times reluctant to give out or make for you.

Icecaramellatte

Thanks for the peek at Holiday. It seems like everyone is doing a matte lipstick line. I'm not crazy about them but maybe I should give them a try this season.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Uhhhh, thumbs up to DHL who delivered my Friday order TODAY on Labor Day! My (probable last international, since they will have it on their US site) net a potter order consisted of: Magic cream, The Sophisticate eyeshadow quad and cheek to chic blush in Love Is The Drug. I think at this point I really just want some Chameleon eyeshadow pencils, the eyebrow pencil and maybe an eyeliner pencil or two.