Cult of Cherry for WOC

lilMAClady

Ok ladies I know alot of you bought some stuff, so lets see those swatches!!
*runs out to buy the new Essence*

NaturalT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
i'm looking forward to it in my local store too! the downtown dc location is supposed to have a nice event.. with a pastry chef! yay!

I wish I was there! I love the MAC store in Georgetown... I will go there when I get back for school.

Ladyvirtuous

This collection is VERY WOC friendly, IMO. I think we should do a lil splurging on this collection, LOL.

But seriously, if you dont get the quads (although I think the Spiced Chocolate and Tempting is the bomb), look into the lip products. I think those will sell more.

I also have a FOTD if you wanna get a glimpse of the Tempting quad.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo1026
Do any of you know if Plum De Bois is similar to FAB from barbie loves MAC?

Oh no! Fab is a plum, like Flirt & Tease but a little warmer. Plum De Bois looks (to me) like the blush version on Patina. Granted I haven't seen it in person, but in pictures it does not resemble Fab at all. Just my opinion.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Oh no! Fab is a plum, like Flirt & Tease but a little warmer. Plum De Bois looks (to me) like the blush version on Patina. Granted I haven't seen it in person, but in pictures it does not resemble Fab at all. Just my opinion.

From the CoC thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdetails
GoldenGirl --- Plum Du Bois is more of a bronzed warm plum/pink with shimmer - where as Sweet As Coco is more of a browned red burgundy with red shimmer... they are not dupes but they are vaguely similar... I'm super fair - so any variation in color between 2 products is very noticeable on me. Both are gorgeous... but I think Plum Du Bois would complement the dark hued lippies from the Cult of Cherry collection better than Sweet As Cocoa - it's a red vs. purple thing... but I repeat...BOTH ARE GORGEOUS. HTH.

mizzbeba

lilMAClady>> i hate my camera.
ssad.gif
I'll try to put some swatches soon though just for you.

lilMAClady

^^^ Aww thanks love! I took some of myelf wearing Kirsch but I'll have to wait til day light. They didn't come out so hot!

lanky511

Has anyone tried a heavy application of Kirsch? I think it looks gorgeous in the September Essence mag, and I want to re-create that look! It almost looks like it could be Bing instead, and it seems that Kirsch is lighter. Any insight?

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky511
Has anyone tried a heavy application of Kirsch? I think it looks gorgeous in the September Essence mag, and I want to re-create that look! It almost looks like it could be Bing instead, and it seems that Kirsch is lighter. Any insight?

I have that issue and I want to recreate that same look! I love it! That picture really inspired me to get Kirsch.

lilMAClady

If you apply it heavier, it will come out that way. It gets darker the more you put it on. I also have that mag and the model is stunning as is all the makeup. So yes Kirsch ranges from stain to OMG!

MAChostage

I just got my Essence today and hurried to that page. What a gorgeous and striking picture! I could have sworn that lippie was Bing, also, even though the mag identifies it as Kirsch.

GoldenGirl

It does look like Bing, doesn't it? I guess there is a certain way to apply that makes it look like that. The whole look is FIYAH!!! 3 days to go!

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGirl
I've already decided on three of the lippies, three of the glasses and the spiced chocolate quad. I know the trend is dark lips for fall, but I am not all that comfortable with it yet, so I'll stick to the lighter lippies in the collection which are still beautiful. I can't wait!

yep, I'm just not that confident I guess,but I'm definitely getting the spiced chocolate quad.