Cult of Cherry for WOC

lanky511

So, I just placed my order online. I ended up purchasing:
Tempting Quad
Spiced Chocolate Quad
Kirsch Mattene.
I was torn b/t Kirsch and Bing. I may get Bing later, but in the end, I don't think I will rock extremely dark lips on a regular basis.LOL! The video on the site is so cute and creative. I love MAC!!!

lovely333

I want krisch and spiced choclate. But I need to wait until next week hope I won't regret it. Oh and if any of you ladies get your tempting quad I would love to see what looks you come up with!!!

ShugAvery2001

I just ordered the spiced chocolate quad and the plum de bois blush from Maccosmetics.com....

I have a MAC appt set for Thursday.... I'll get all the lippies there

I hope to see plenty of tutorials from you ladies for this COC collection!

and Yep.. I'M A NEWBIE
cutey.gif

mizzbeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky511
I was torn b/t Kirsch and Bing. I may get Bing later, but in the end, I don't think I will rock extremely dark lips on a regular basis.

I had the same problem! I ended up with Kirsch too. I'm wondering what this will look like with a dazzleglass on top. hmmm.

Ladyvirtuous- I have also joined the cult
yahoo.gif

MAChostage

Hooray for Kirsch! I got that one today along with Jampacked and Liqueur. Figure I'll go back tomorrow and B2M for So Scarlet. It seriously sucks only being able to B2M for lipstick, but at least I've got that.
yes.gif

lilMAClady

Ok loves, I just posted pics of my COC makeover in the watch thread The SPiced Chocolate Quad is to die for. By far my fave. Shadowy Lady was more of an interest than tempting....I only got the one tho and tons of lip colors! Check out this collection if you can! DOn't forget about Overrich either. I got heritage rouge and love it!

NaturalT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
Ok loves, I just posted pics of my COC makeover in the watch thread The SPiced Chocolate Quad is to die for. By far my fave. Shadowy Lady was more of an interest than tempting....I only got the one tho and tons of lip colors! Check out this collection if you can! DOn't forget about Overrich either. I got heritage rouge and love it!

Thank you so much! I think that im really feeling the Kirsh mattene. With a nice gloss on top it really pops even more. Plus I love how mattenes leave a nice stain on the lips. Im really caught between this and Desire Lipglass wish is another deep color but I could B2M and get the Kirsh. Aaah the dilemma! I will get the spiced chocolate one day because I dont have any of the colors
thmbup.gif

lilMAClady

You will LOVE that quad (don't wait too long!) its so rich and gorgeous. PERFECT for every one, especially WOC!!! And yes Kirsh is my absolute FAV mattene! It's so amazing with Jampacked! (or Liquer!)

GoldenGirl

Love the pics!!! Your eyes are fab! Heritage Rouge is gorgeous! I think I'll play around a bit with my new spiced chocolate quad before I jump into pigments. The colors go on so differently than how they look in the palette.

GoldenGirl

I'm an NC50 and love red lips on our skin tone. When I first checked out this collection I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off, but as someone in another thread said, dark lips on WOC was all the rage back in the early/mid 90's and we looked fabulous with a dark glossy eggplant lip color. Remember Nia Long? Total? I remember Nia was the QUEEN of darker lips and she looked FAB. I even went to MAC way back then and got a similar lippie I eventually used for a B2M. After checking out some online blogs and the pics in the swatch thread I figured hey! If they can do it, so can I!
smiles.gif

I say all that to say that I think you can do it too. Try Rapturous, the red mattene from this new collection. I didn't try that one on, but I did try on So Scarlet in the store and it looked FAB on me. Check out the swatch thread for more pics of what the color is like on WOC. I ended up not getting So Scarlet in the store, but when I got home and thought about how fab it would look in the fall/winter, I ended up ordering it online.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
This collection is VERY WOC friendly, IMO. I think we should do a lil splurging on this collection, LOL.

But seriously, if you dont get the quads (although I think the Spiced Chocolate and Tempting is the bomb), look into the lip products. I think those will sell more.

I also have a FOTD if you wanna get a glimpse of the Tempting quad.

I love your swatches of all the lip products and saw your FOTD – Love the color placement on your eyes and YES, I have joined the Cult of Cherry! I did do some splurging having spent more than $300 on Cult of Cherry and Overrich…From Cult of Cherry, I got….
Quote:
Spiced Chocolate and Tempting Quads and Plum du Bois blush.
Lipsticks: $14.00USD
•Russian Red (already have) - Intense bluish-red (Matte) (Repromote)
•So Scarlet – (B2M) Grape burgundy (Amplified Creme) (LE)
Lipglass: $14.00USD
•Rich & Ripe - Mid-tone pinkish red with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Frost) (LE)
•Cult of Cherry - Red with red pearlized pigments (Frost) (LE)
•Jampacked - Sheer grape with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Frost) (LE)
Mattenes: $14.50USD
•Rapturous - Deep berry red (LE) (Repromote from Mattene)

After wearing Cult of Cherry lipglass for a day, I ordered 2 more from mac.com.

Quote:

Quote:
Pics from my makeover at Cult of Cherry!
Spiced Chocolate Quad with Heritage Rouge in Crease.
Nightmoth, Kirsch, Cult of Cherry on Lips

This is very, very gorgeous on you. I love your makeover. I did a similar look yesterday but used Smoke Signals pigment in the crease. I’ve got to try it next w/Heritage Rouge (I LOVE THIS COLOR and most of the Overrich pigments, ‘cept Mauvement).

This Spiced Chocolate quad is a WOC's dream....The colors are so rich on me and although I know there are a million dark brown es, Spiced Chocolate is a color I’ve been looking for to darken my crease and add depth to my looks. It is a very warm and complimentary color for my skin (NW45). I’m going to keep my eye on the “For Sale/Swap” thread to see if anyone is selling this es individually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Figure I'll go back tomorrow and B2M for So Scarlet. It seriously sucks only being able to B2M for lipstick, but at least I've got that.
yes.gif

Where are you in North Florida? I’m in Northwest Florida and went to the new Dillard’s at Pier Park, Panama City Beach, and that’s what the MUA told me, too, that I could only B2M for lipsticks. I had 24 containers to get a lipstick and 3 lipglasses. I was bummed. So I only got So Scarlet w/B2M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
So when do ya'll plan on busting out in your CoC colors? Immediately? In the fall?

Not until late September or October. This collection is definitely for the Fall ‘cause I’m in Sunny Florida and it looked too dark and odd w/me and everyone else still wearing Summery, pastel colors….LOL. But I am rocking the Cult of Cherry LG now!

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhonyBaloney500
Hmm any recs on a reddish gloss or mattene for NC50? I'm afraid of red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGirl
Try Rapturous, the red mattene from this new collection. I didn't try that one on, but I did try on So Scarlet in the store and it looked FAB on me. Check out the swatch thread for more pics of what the color is like on WOC. I ended up not getting So Scarlet in the store, but when I got home and thought about how fab it would look in the fall/winter, I ended up ordering it online.

GoldenGirl, you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm NW45 and I don't know why I didn't get Rapturous when it was released before but Rapturous by itself is simply gorgeous on my lips....it's very moist, too. It is pure sex w/Cult of Cherry lg on top. Rapturous reminds of The Scene lipstick from last year’s Stylistics – I love, love, love this dark berry color on me and I’ve used ½ of it so I was glad to get rapturous….Rapturous and The Scene are as dark as I’ll go w/lip colors. I B2M for So Scarlet.

PhonyBaloney500, don’t be afraid of red – I have about 20 different red ls/lg and can’t get enough of them! Take the plunge and go for it!

Scorpdva

Just brought cult of cherry l/g and the spiced chocolate quad. I'm scheduled to attend the CoC event on Sept.6 and I think I'll get the So Scarlet l/s and the Tempting e/s. I love deep colors though I haven't worn them in a long time.

soleado8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo1026
Do any of you know if Plum De Bois is similar to FAB from barbie loves MAC?

I went yesterday and swatched it, and on me it looked TOTALLY like FAB.

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalT
Thank you so much! I think that im really feeling the Kirsh mattene. With a nice gloss on top it really pops even more. Plus I love how mattenes leave a nice stain on the lips. Im really caught between this and Desire Lipglass wish is another deep color but I could B2M and get the Kirsh. Aaah the dilemma! I will get the spiced chocolate one day because I dont have any of the colors
thmbup.gif

Get the Kirsch AND Desire. They are two different looks. I LOVE Desire... I have been wearing it for some time. It is a must have. I absolutely Love Kirsch now too

KeshieShimmer

So I got some stuff today, wow I am never excited about lip colors but this collection is amazing.

I got Bing, which is very very close to Cyber l/s satin finish (someone has a swatch), but I got Bing only because I hear that the staying power is better for the matte. I tried Kitch but it reminded be of a less shimmery Eclipse from Moonbathe last year, anyone else notice this?

Jampacked, which reminds me of Happening Gal l/g from Barbie. The latter has more sparkle. Rich and Ripe is LOVELY!!! and Cult of Cherry l/g I couldn't not get it.

I also got the swiss Chocolate quad. I didn't even try So Scarle becasue I knew that I would want it. I also tried that Creme Cierse and it was not pigmented enough for me.

elektra513

Just got back from the f/s here and picked up: CoC, Jampacked, Rich & Ripe l/g, So Scarlet l/s. I also B2M'd for Fetish l/s (non-CoC). I got an apron with my purchase as well
thmbup.gif

Definitely looking forward to wearing the hell out of this lip stuff, y'all.

I looked at the Spiced Choc quad, which I went there intending to buy, but it's totally dupable on my skin, so I'm passing for now. May go back for kirsch and rapturous mattenes...