Do MAC MA's REALLY hate it when we return things?

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by minni4bebe
MAC stores say that they require a receipt or you must be in the system and the item must be tracked under your name. But there has to be a way around it bc not to long ago, I purchased something at a MAC store out of town and lost my receipt. I took it to the store by me and they couldn't find it under me name. I have a looonnnggg last name so I figured that when I was out of town, they screwed up my name so the MA let me exchange it. I think its just a matter of how strict the store is. Some people just take advantage of return policies and I'm sure it gets really annoying after awhile! Although, I'm not saying that the case with any of us. Just sharing an experience =]

If you buy from a mac in macy's here, they put a barcode on the box when you buy it and you can return it up to 6 months later without the receipt, you just need the box. It's both good and bad, as the barcode has the ma that sold it, but you don't have to worry about digging through receipts. This works out okay for me because i have a ton of receipts, bills, financial info that needs to be kept anyways. Saving a box is alot easier to keep track of and if you resell it to someone just take the barcode off so they can't return it. I find it easier to resell an item if its still in the box, regardless of usage, which i always tell the buyer anyways.

I haven't ever had them take my information down at a mac store though. I kinda wish they would so maybe i'd get a postcard in the mail or something!

pumpkincat210

They write b2m on lippies you get with the program so those can't be returned or exchanged. That's fair to me, especially since you had the chance to pick out and try any one that is permanent.
What annoys me here is you can only do one back 2 mac per purchase. Once i spent over 2 bills and was hoping to cash in 12 empties for 2 lipsticks and they wouldn't do it. Actually were rude about it, thats probably the rudest experience i've ever had there...all for not knowing a store policy. :/ So i'm slower to depot now.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
^^ Which store did you go to here? I've never had that problem in this area??

The one in the Woodlands mall macy's and at Memorial city mall macy's.

pdtb050606

Really! The Woodlands is my regular counter, and they never hassle me-do you remember who you dealt with?

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Really! The Woodlands is my regular counter, and they never hassle me-do you remember who you dealt with?

No i honestly can't remember but, i'm sure it wasn't the counter manager(bigger lady, short hair) she's usually nice, but always doing someone's makeup. I asked at memorial city without having any empties what their policy was and it was the same, only 6 (set)per purchase. I've seen the same girls there for years now, it must be a good counter with a low turnover, i prefer it too.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
No i honestly can't remember but, i'm sure it wasn't the counter manager(bigger lady, short hair) she's usually nice, but always doing someone's makeup. I asked at memorial city without having any empties what their policy was and it was the same, only 6 (set)per purchase. I've seen the same girls there for years now, it must be a good counter with a low turnover, i prefer it too.

Wow that sucks!! I B2B'd 24 empties with no purchase and the girl was nice as anything as she gave me the 4 freebies!
yes.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
Wow that sucks!! I B2B'd 24 empties with no purchase and the girl was nice as anything as she gave me the 4 freebies!
yes.gif

before i moved to a different area, it was never an issue, i remember getting 3or 4 lipsticks before. Then it changed. Now that I think back the policy changed after it stopped being foley's and changed to macy's. I think. I have to admit i haven't back 2 mac'd anything in 7 or 8 months, i always forget about it. Next time maybe i'll go directly to the mac store, they might have a different policy.

pdtb050606

Geez that stinks, I think The Woodlands has one of the best counters in the area (imo) they are always so nice and helpful-unlike some other counters I have visited
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Geez that stinks, I think The Woodlands has one of the best counters in the area (imo) they are always so nice and helpful-unlike some other counters I have visited
smiles.gif

They were usually helpful, but i didn't ever see the same people working there and alot of times items that were out of stock weren't pulled off the display.. it made it awkward to have 2 or 3 picks not there when you asked, i think more for the ma than me, but i've not had a bad experience at any counter, except the ma that snapped that i could only return 1 set at a time. I wasn't rude back, just surprised. I just prefer the memorial city one.
When i was really young and had 2 mac eyeshadows total i'd get ignored at the mac store in the galleria...i guess they get alot of kids that play in the makeup or something, IDK! I don't go to the galleria much because of the traffic and walking. or for nordstroms exclusives!

pdtb050606

I absolutely detest the Galleria! I really don't care for the Willowbrook location, I have had terrible experiences there-oh well. I usually stick to The Woodlands since it is so close to my house, or if I'm in the mood for a mini road trip I'll drag the hubby down to Rice Village.
lol.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
I absolutely detest the Galleria! I really don't care for the Willowbrook location, I have had terrible experiences there-oh well. I usually stick to The Woodlands since it is so close to my house, or if I'm in the mood for a mini road trip I'll drag the hubby down to Rice Village.
lol.gif

Where is Willowbrook Mall? I heard they just filed for bankruptcy! Rice Village is cool! i hardly ever go that far east, but it's a great store. And they always give me a few postcards even if i forget to ask. I got my first 4 pan there, the ma chose the colors, tilt, shroom, contrast and sketch.. sounds weird, but comes out really pretty altogether.

pdtb050606

Willowbrook is off 249-The Woodlands is filing bankruptcy as well! Do you live in the Katy area? I like that part of town but hardly ever go that way.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Willowbrook is off 249-The Woodlands is filing bankruptcy as well! Do you live in the Katy area? I like that part of town but hardly ever go that way.

Really The Woodlands too! That is too bad, it's one of the nicer malls, i'm surprised it wasn't Greenspoint mall instead, yuck! looking into it more so are these malls.. Baybrook, Deerbrook, and First Colony.
I live off of highway 6, almost to katy, i went to high school there 10 years ago! wow, its been awhile, lol. I don't live very far from the new cco either. Did you know that memorial city mall has a Lush now in macy's? I lived in Conroe for 2 years then came back out here for my daughters school so i'm out of the houston loop.
249- I don't think i've been out that way.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Conroe! LOL I'm from New Waverly originally-about 20 min north

I'll P.M. you so as not to destroy the thread with our chit chat,lol.

Sabrunka

Ugh.. I thought it would never happen to me but it did.. I really wanted a plushglass from MAC and I loooveeeddd the one colour I found (forgot name)... But when I got home.. It was the wrong one... And on top of that, I already own the one they gave me!! UGH I'm not going to return it though, considering it'll be thrown out. I'm so mad.

TISH1124

I recently got a VG II lipstick from MAC and it was foul smelling....Yep returned it because it needed to be trashed........I wouldn't even wish that tube of funk on anyone .

It's my first post!

Just wanted to throw in my .02 here.

Let me preface this by saying I always research my products before I ever think of buying anything. Now, I have bought things on impulse before (not very often, especially since I am more budget concious nowadays) and if I absolutely hate it, I will return it. I think if stores started implementing a no return policy, I definitely would be buying less. I think most of us would probably be surprised at how much a MAC lipstick or eyeshadow costs before mark-up, so in theory a return may not do as much damage as one would think. However, those that abuse the policy or buy $400 of make-up and then return it all after using the majority of the product is not cool.

Also, a lot of people mentioned about swatching the item in the store and putting it on your eye or lip. Sometimes even if I am wearing the product, it can look great in the store and then you get home in a different kind of light and the product looks horrible.

I guess I feel like I try and make an informed purchase as much as possible but sometimes once I wear it (lip, eye, cheek) for the day it just doesn't live up to what I hoped, I really don't want to hold onto it just for the sake of not returning it.

NappyMACDiva3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarriet
The thing shed like crazy from the beginning. I expected it to stop with some use and washing. Since it is such a dense brush, I really thought that it would eventually stop shedding. It didn't. My cheaper kabukis didn't shed like that one. I really think that the one I got was defective.

In my case, I don't think that it's better to have returned it a week or two after I got it, since shedding may have been on par with a new brush (loose bristles that didn't get glued in), and that with use it would have stopped. This has happened to me with brushes before...a little shedding at first, but then nothing after a couple of washings.

I wanted to make sure I had a lemon before I returned it and they trashed it. And I didn't return it for money back, I EXCHANGED it for a non-defective brush.

I don't regret exchanging the brush after such a long time. I'm sorry, but a $50+ kabuki should not shed all over my face every time I use it!

I agree about the brushes not shedding like crazy and coming out in clumps. That sounds like a defect and should be returned. I have been buying MAC brushes since 2000 and they are all still in great condition except one that I think came from a bad batch(It is a 187SE). It does not shed anymore but it looks raggy compared to my other 187SE and my 188. Sometimes especially if you don't use it everyday then how will you know if it is bad until you use it. Unless you test the 1st week you get something. Just my opinion.