Fake pigments and eyeshadows?

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
So does mine but the pigment was made in Canada and the box was made in the US. I can upload the pics as soon as someone steps me through. The swatch was dimmer than the Silver Fog at their counter but not by much. The packaging was off to her and she said the jar was too thick.

take the pictures. Upload them onto your computer using the usb cord. a program should pop up giving you a few options.. save them onto computer or one that sounds like that. Click on Pictures folder, make a new folder that you named, like "silver fog". resize and crop if necessary in a photo editing program like photoshop (gimp is free)save again, get a photobucket or flickr account (free), upload your pictures from your computer onto there (they walk you through this), then when they have uploaded there, copy and paste the code onto a new post here.

It's super easy once you do it a couple of times. If you need more help, just ask, if i can't explain it right, there is definitely someone here that can.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
So does mine but the pigment was made in Canada and the box was made in the US. I can upload the pics as soon as someone steps me through. The swatch was dimmer than the Silver Fog at their counter but not by much. The packaging was off to her and she said the jar was too thick.

The jars thickness is a big huge tipoff. Fakes are thicker. Colors can slightly vary even if legit.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
here's some more pics...

I'm gonna wait on the Piggie Guru's because the bottom is worrying me...but it may just be camera angle....The lettering looks off...especially the A

Jan Lee.....HELP!

User27

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thank you Tish. I had to remember my photobucket account info again. Go Myspace for being my photo stash. XD

pumpkincat210

My Silver Fog looks exactly like that color wise. Even the AB4 on the bottom is slightly to the right under Silver fog. Two things bother me. the top. Mine is not as black and doesn't seem as tall. This could be due to my monitor and the angle though. and the type on the back seems bolder and blacker just by a bit. I'll upload my pictures tomorrow. I don't have my box anymore, so i can't help you there. I got mine from macpro so i know its real.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Your cap looks really shiney...Is that the camera lighting it should be matte

yeah, i even washed my cap off with soap to make sure. It's too shiny.

TISH1124

Well if your cap looks that shiney IRL it is fake....MAC does not have shiney caps.....Oh Wait I think I have a fake silver fog....runs to compare.....I threw it out...But it had a shiney cap that was easily scratchable

TISH1124

They are Excellent ....That is why I will not buy any pigments off Ebay and rarely ever even on Here, especially if I don't know the seller or they don't post alot....I get to nervous....

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
They are Excellent ....That is why I will not buy any pigments off Ebay and rarely ever even on Here, especially if I don't know the seller or they don't post alot....I get to nervous....

I know. I don't buy anything unless it's from m.a.c. now. I'm lucky to have easy access to it, but it sucks that i can't buy a sample unless i know the person got it from a mac. That basically means perfect feedback, lives in a big city in the u.s., no overseas, established member...its easier to go through mac at this point.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
My cap is unscratchable. thank goodness i haven't bought from ebay in along time. wow, they are getting good.

My cap isn't shiny like the girls' picture and is unscratchable. Everything else picture wise matches to a tee. The counter girl Dianne said there were errors in the packaging but said the bottle was fake based on the packaging. My lid exactly matches my real Silver Fog from Towson but can a bottle be made in one place and the box another? My lid is matte like my other pigments and I've scratched it every which way and no damage done. Oh wow

TISH1124

I think one of the experience d ladies will be able to help you....Like PANDA0410...But I would bet money if part of it is fake it is all fake....I can't see putting a authentic pigment in a fake box....

User27

I almost bought a pigment from a seller yesterday but said to wait until Specktra posted her name. I've quit buying bottles off of Ebay because I get too worried....I have outlets and CCO's that save me the worry. My last pigments bought were the pigment charms I got today because I want to get them before they're copied. Cute and portable. I honestly made my first Specktra purchase because the persons' feedback was amazing and I looked at her previous buyers. I saw Tish, Resha, Vixxan and Splattergirl and were like OMG, buy!
th_DANCE.gif
You all are no nonsense about things and I did a thorough check on her and said I won't know until I try. I'm excited because it'll be my first purchase on here.

User27

Quote:
does the barcode scan properly? That would be fairly easy to fake, i'm just curious.

She didn't scan it but the box says AB4 and then M3XP11 7 73602 05477 0 on the bottom of the sticker. I only wanted to know so I can resend her the money if my counter girl was wrong. I've used the one I got from the counter and kept this thrown in the bag I brought the real home in. Side by side, they're exact but if it's fake then counterfeiters have gotten amazing but that's why I go to stores for pigments now. This is from a month ago but it's been bugging me how much alike the bottles are. Panda is a pigment database and I know she'll spot it in a minute.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
She didn't scan it but the box says AB4 and then M3XP11 7 73602 05477 0 on the bottom of the sticker. I only wanted to know so I can resend her the money if my counter girl was wrong. I've used the one I got from the counter and kept this thrown in the bag I brought the real home in. Side by side, they're exact but if it's fake then counterfeiters have gotten amazing but that's why I go to stores for pigments now. This is from a month ago but it's been bugging me how much alike the bottles are. Panda is a pigment database and I know she'll spot it in a minute.

How long has the seller been selling mac? What's her feedback like? (even 1 negative mentioning fake raises flags), Is she in the u.s.?

User27

Quote:
How long has the seller been selling mac? What's her feedback like? (even 1 negative mentioning fake raises flags), Is she in the u.s.?

She's still a seller and I know she's been mentioned on Specktra before. I'm terrified of legal action if I put her name out again but I know she has flags behind her. It's only bothering me because when the girl posted these pics before, it was kind of lost in the thread. She refunded me for the 2 items and was courteous but this bottle has puzzled me because of how exact it is. I haven't used this but I can't get over the detailing because side by side to my other pigments, the size is the same despite the base looking a little thicker. My latest pigment splurge was the charms Saturday. I literally won't buy any more jars off Ebay because of this situation and have to fight the urge whenever I see glitters and certain rares I know are already copied. It's easier for me to go to the store then go through this but I want to see what people can make of this bottle....it's hard to tell past the base to me and the Canada/US thing. I'll kick myself if this turns out to be real because it means I got refunded 2 instead of 1. Having morals freaking sucks.